Home

Stamina in the Live Event Competition is PERFECT

This is a discussion on Stamina in the Live Event Competition is PERFECT within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2018, 10:36 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Stamina in the Live Event Competition is PERFECT

I think this may have something to do with move levels or sliders being activated. Plenty of guys have 90 stamina and don’t gas this hard.

But this is basically how I envisioned this kind of stamina change going. Nothing changes in gameplay, dudes will still throw mad heat and you will be forced to match their output. So if it does go to the late rounds you will both be extremely gassed.

I suppose you could dance around for the first two rounds as they wear themselves out but again, that’s not conducive to fun gameplay which was always my point.

That said, when you meet a guy willing to be more careful with their stamina, it’s actually pretty fun as a more tactical experience. But I haven’t fought more than one of those guys as this whole LEC is filled with garbage players. So I don’t really know if it’s better than the norm.

I have no idea how this would play on a real time clock, but I imagine if you didn’t play exactly like an actual UFC fight, you’d be gassed by the second round. Which is what you guys want, but I think you’d be absolutely horrified at the results of the meta if that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-07-2018, 11:36 AM   #10
MVP

5 rds is to much...

3 fights in a row people trying to steal your stamina and win by points is tiring as hell
Old 04-07-2018, 12:04 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I think this may have something to do with move levels or sliders being activated. Plenty of guys have 90 stamina and don’t gas this hard.

But this is basically how I envisioned this kind of stamina change going. Nothing changes in gameplay, dudes will still throw mad heat and you will be forced to match their output. So if it does go to the late rounds you will both be extremely gassed.

I suppose you could dance around for the first two rounds as they wear themselves out but again, that’s not conducive to fun gameplay which was always my point.

That said, when you meet a guy willing to be more careful with their stamina, it’s actually pretty fun as a more tactical experience. But I haven’t fought more than one of those guys as this whole LEC is filled with garbage players. So I don’t really know if it’s better than the norm.

I have no idea how this would play on a real time clock, but I imagine if you didn’t play exactly like an actual UFC fight, you’d be gassed by the second round. Which is what you guys want, but I think you’d be absolutely horrified at the results of the meta if that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Considering the current meta is pretty horrible I’d be estastic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 12:16 PM   #12
Rookie

Yes, much much better stamina ... poeple actually gas out , strikes actually count now if you throw too many .
Old 04-07-2018, 01:20 PM   #13
MVP

Maybe I’m getting tired because is 5 rounds... but in Xbox the meta is:go to the body and move...fights are taking forever
Old 04-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
Maybe I’m getting tired because is 5 rounds... but in Xbox the meta is:go to the body and move...fights are taking forever
that is one thing

If stamina overall is lowered then body strikes should take less stamina from the opp
Old 04-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #15
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Is every LEC fight 5 rounds?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #16
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
I don't use hard combos so i feel like i am fighting handicapped. i hate it.
You never throw a 1-2?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »