Home

First foray into ranked

This is a discussion on First foray into ranked within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2018, 07:44 PM   #1
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

OVR: 0
First foray into ranked

I had my first foray into ranked tonight, and got only one win in the placement fights. I’m placed at the prestigious #1,106 lol. Any other long time players here that really blow when it comes to online?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2018, 08:06 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: First foray into ranked

Just do what everybody else does, make a very safe choice by choosing Daniel Cormier, this way whether the fight is standing or on the ground you'll be unstoppable.

Better yet, you'll make every other fighter on the roster almost completely useless. Jimi Manuwa? More like Jimi Manure! Of course DC is a god and nobody in the division stands a chance against him, let's keep it this way.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:08 PM   #3
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
Jimi Manuwa? More like Jimi Manure!
.... I laughed
Old 04-06-2018, 08:11 PM   #4
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
.... I laughed

Lol me too. I’ve found Khabib to be my new favorite so far, on a two fight win streak.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-06-2018, 08:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Reticulan1
Lol me too. I’ve found Khabib to be my new favorite so far, on a two fight win streak.

Khabib is perfect because he's good at making the rest of the roster useless as well. Super safe choice because whether it's standing or on the ground you'll still have a massive advantage. Just don't waste your time choosing guys like Ross Pearson, or even Nate Diaz who is almost useless off his back and can't even throw a basic jab body kick combo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2018, 10:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Reticulan1
I had my first foray into ranked tonight, and got only one win in the placement fights. I’m placed at the prestigious #1,106 lol. Any other long time players here that really blow when it comes to online?

Hmm I got about 140 wins 100 losses and am #4000 or so.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:04 PM   #7
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAnOlogist
Hmm I got about 140 wins 100 losses and am #4000 or so.

That’s pretty good considering that I actually don’t even have a number. My 1000 number was division points.

Old 04-07-2018, 01:39 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
Just do what everybody else does, make a very safe choice by choosing Daniel Cormier, this way whether the fight is standing or on the ground you'll be unstoppable.

Better yet, you'll make every other fighter on the roster almost completely useless. Jimi Manuwa? More like Jimi Manure! Of course DC is a god and nobody in the division stands a chance against him, let's keep it this way.
What is it that makes DC so OP? I truly don't get it, but I hear it all the time (I don't play ranked though so that might be why?)

But yeah, it confuses me. He has some sweet grappling but he only has lvl 2 boxing combos on the feet (unless they updated his combo set)

I've played a few DC's online in unranked, one choked on Saki Bombs, the other one I was OSP and he got me down, but I kept getting back up easily because he didn't deny and eventually knee'd him in the face as he shot a double.

I had one bumrush me when I was Gus, and that was hard to deal with due to the reach frame advantage he had, but I mauled him on the ground for the win.

Is it just the fact he has really well rounded stats or something? Or is it that frame advantage? Or a combination of both.

Like, GSP in the right hands I imagine would be a plauge of ranked as he has all sorts of unorthodox moves and awesome grappling, but I would've thought Gus or Jones would've been the LHW go to, not DC.

Personally, I'm a Saki man, that dude is a killer and that change to the ground stats from the first patch makes it surprisingly easy to survive being on the ground with Saki.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »