Home

My issue with online

This is a discussion on My issue with online within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2018, 02:19 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
My issue with online

As a primarily offline player who enjoys the AI and offline gameplay I jumped online today to try some fights out. After I finished a number of fights online and finally realize my issue with . It seems there is no incentive to not play aggressive. I fought against a number of opponents in ranked and they all fought the same exact way despite all using a different fighter. Granted some of the moves were different but the aggressive striking was the same, same basic combos and same play style. It ruins the fun for me. I’m not sure exactly what the solution to this could be though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: My issue with online

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
As a primarily offline player who enjoys the AI and offline gameplay I jumped online today to try some fights out. After I finished a number of fights online and finally realize my issue with . It seems there is no incentive to not play aggressive. I fought against a number of opponents in ranked and they all fought the same exact way despite all using a different fighter. Granted some of the moves were different but the aggressive striking was the same, same basic combos and same play style. It ruins the fun for me. I’m not sure exactly what the solution to this could be though.
You'll also notice you can have a round that both fighters throw nearly a hundred strikes, and in the next round the commentators talk about cranking up pressure after slow first round or feeling out process.

In quick match and some levels of ranked playing defense can be rewarding, but you have to be careful. Opponent can throw offense so constantly it's easy to let rounds slip away.

You have to make them miss strikes completely to really get stamina advantage.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:31 PM   #3
Banned

What do you mean aggressive? Do you mean coming forward with pressure? If so I agree. If you mean constantly throwing strikes? That can be different as you are going to gas or be countered. Or even worse...both
Old 04-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
What do you mean aggressive? Do you mean coming forward with pressure? If so I agree. If you mean constantly throwing strikes? That can be different as you are going to gas or be countered. Or even worse...both
Yeah I meant constantly coming forward with pressure. It’s just so strange to me going from fighting the AI to online players where it seems like everyone is charging forward and pressure fighting. I don’t think I had one fight where the guy was patient. I even had someone message me afterward and tell me I was lame (he used worse words) for backing up and circling so much hahaha it was quite funny
Old 04-08-2018, 10:29 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
You'll also notice you can have a round that both fighters throw nearly a hundred strikes, and in the next round the commentators talk about cranking up pressure after slow first round or feeling out process.

In quick match and some levels of ranked playing defense can be rewarding, but you have to be careful. Opponent can throw offense so constantly it's easy to let rounds slip away.

You have to make them miss strikes completely to really get stamina advantage.
Hahahah the commentating remarks are a whole different animal with what they say vs what I witness in the fight. I guess that’s where strike defense is hard for me because with the constant forward strikes and pressure I seem to always get connected when I try to skip strikes or side lunge.

For example I’ll block block then slip but my opponent is throwing excessive and I get clipped with a hook when I slip which causes extra damage (I believe that was after a patch which was to discourage the spamming of it?) I just find the effective strike defense challenging.

But I’m also more interested in fighting a more realistic fight so it could just be that my preference is hard to replicate online because most people online just wanna win which I understand
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #6
Rookie

i dont think it always about winning. I would rather loose a 3 minute war than fight a really patient 3/5 rounds and win a decision. Just my style of play and not having much patience. I'm guessing i'm not the only one

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »