Home

I just double flying kneed a dude 6 times in the head in LEC

This is a discussion on I just double flying kneed a dude 6 times in the head in LEC within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #9
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I just double flying kneed a dude 6 times in the head in LEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Did you try feinting???
And then what?

Like say Morgan throws a feint, competitor throws his jab straight. What's the next step. Try and sway out of the way, absorb it into block, ect??
Old 04-08-2018, 02:47 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
And then what?

Like say Morgan throws a feint, competitor throws his jab straight. What's the next step. Try and sway out of the way, absorb it into block, ect??
Yeah you'd ideally feint and then sway or side step lunge. From there you'd be able to get off a counter shot or go on the offensive in general.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #11
Rookie

People still complaining about the combos, I log onto these boards hoping for a hallelujah game changing patch release only to see threads like this lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #12
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
People still complaining about the combos, I log onto these boards hoping for a hallelujah game changing patch release only to see threads like this lol
What were you hoping for in regards to hallelujah patch, potential release date or spoilers?

If you don't like see complaining than the photo/ video thread is a fun place to browse. Also many of the suggestion type threads won't focus on complaining.

Steer clear of any thread started by that Dave knucklehead.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:08 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
What were you hoping for in regards to hallelujah patch, potential release date or spoilers?

If you don't like see complaining than the photo/ video thread is a fun place to browse. Also many of the suggestion type threads won't focus on complaining.

Steer clear of any thread started by that Dave knucklehead.
The hallelujah patch release of things I'd like to see change in this game that will likely never happen, like the removal of hard combos for starters.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:41 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
The hallelujah patch release of things I'd like to see change in this game that will likely never happen, like the removal of hard combos for starters.
I think hard combos are a good asset to have for a game based on MMA where levels of striking and striking disciplines are all over the place. Some changes could be good but a removal would be a shame since it allows a good deal of individuality

Sent from my LGMP450 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-08-2018, 04:28 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
I think hard combos are a good asset to have for a game based on MMA where levels of striking and striking disciplines are all over the place. Some changes could be good but a removal would be a shame since it allows a good deal of individuality

Sent from my LGMP450 using Operation Sports mobile app
I don't like having to queue combinations or not having a punch come out because it's not in the fighters combo library. You're talking about individuality when everybody is content with throwing the same combos online anyway lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2018, 04:28 PM   #16
MVP

TLDR: Nothing new mentioned below. Just a bunch of ideas thrown together in 1 long rant :'(

Hard combos are good for kicks. For anything else it should not be seen as a long term solution and is a restricting mechanic and quite arcadey.

What we really need are more animations, with varying levels of cleanness to the technique, and smoothing between the punches depending on a fighter's combo stat. Think of a Weidman spin kick vs a Barboza one, they need to have different animations altogether. Level 1 animations, Level 3 animations, Level 5 animations.

A fighter with bad boxing would throw a sloppy jab, with poor fundamentals vs a guy with good boxing who would have nearly no telegraph and good range on it.

The same would apply for chaining together punches. A guy with poor combination stat would have more openings when throwing a combination whereas a guy with a higher combo stat would have built in armour during certain frames of the animation. For example, a guy throws a jab-cross but neither hand travels back to the chin but rather visits his hips first and he leans forward while throwing it.

The speed would be more or less the same for both guys, however, a guy with sloppier technique might take longer to recover or have some dead frames for example he pulls his fist back before throwing the straight right telegraphing the punch.

Then head movement needs to go back to full 360 with volleyball style when stationary. No more of the zone business. The hand tracks the head. The accuracy stat determines how long the hand can track the last position of the head for.

Then body shots & the stamina system need to be tweaked. A spin kick to the solar plexus should sap at least some short term stamina as the guy is winded. An Edson Barboza south paw kick to the liver needs to have some possibility of one shoting a dude. Kicks need danger.

Then the base damage of strikes need to be made much closer to the damage of vulnerability, even if this results in more KOs.

On the flip side, the head movement being more controlled and responsive should allow people to be more defensively sound. One thing that must happen, if a guy is slipping but has only made a small adjustment, his vulnerability shouldn't instantly spike to x9000. You need to calculate velocity of head movement into the equation when considering the damage taken.

The teep kicks needs more range & speed. Doesn't need to be particularly damaging but needs to be a viable tool at range.

Forward movement has too many stepping frames for strikes meaning you can cover absurd distance without much risk. The backward & forward movement needs to be more nuanced, with the stick playing a greater role in how much distance you cover. The max distance should be what it is atm, however if you charge forward as you can now with the shuffles, you should be massively vulnerable. This will help prevent people sticking to you if you can time them with a strong cross.

Hard shots & light shots need to be a thing. Look at Fight Night Champion for more on this. Light shots need to have much less wind up frames, especially with the feet. Hard shots can be the animations we have at the moment.

The whole vulnerability vs base damage thing needs a huge tweak. Like the guy said, you can land flush shots back to back and nothing. Duck into an uppercut (which does much less damage than a flying knee IRL btw) and you're in the morgue.

Then we need more offline modes like:
- Title mode
- Title defense mode
- Classic fights mode e.g. you start as Anderson Silva vs Chael and have to submit him with a triangle in round 5.
- Event mode sliders
- Universe mode with coop

The sliders themselves are out of wack. The damage bar especially. Anything beyond two clicks to the right becomes absurd in terms of damage done. It should be more nuanced than that.

If possible, give us access to the vulnerability damage sliders too.

What I don't understand is, the damage system a few patches ago was much better than what we have now. There didn't seem to be as big a discrepency between vulnerable vs stationary. Now I am much better off just standing still and eating a kick or a punch, rather than trying to dodge it. Literally, my head is safer if I block it on my face than try to dodge it.

Really the head movement needs work. We had a whole 100 page debate about it and people just would not let go of this rock paper scissors system which is a crying shame.

How does full, 1/0 only, 5 direction swaying with rock paper scissors style a beats b beats c, where you can't even react to your opponent's combo speed punches trump over volleyball tracking, with 0-100% omnidirectional lean, where your opponent's fist actually follows your head position?

I really don't get it.

My gosh gents, strip away some of this stuff like the hard combos, add back the UFC 2 style head movement or get it closer to FNC style, beef up the base damage, increase the stamina drain for ALL strikes and you'll have quite the game on your hands.

Then go and add a scrambling mechanic, add better grappling & takedown struggles, add more offline modes and restore the old Ultimate Team style, add online camps and live fight cards and you have a very decent MMA game on your hands.

And for people wondering how fighters will be unique without the combo system, it's simple. Fighters have specific animations like in THQ UFC 3 that make them good at throwing certain strikes and bad at throwing other strikes. This will disuade players from using certain moves and instead play to their advantages.

Then tweak the AI to do the same. So if you play against a Weidman AI, he will only have a 0.5% chance of throwing that god ugly spin kick, if he does throw it, is has the terrible animation to go with it. Bam. He throws it and you laugh at the futility of it.

This is how you get uniqueness.

Think about Fifa football. Cristiano Ronaldo has different animations than Lionel Messi. This gives him the uniqueness and THQ were onto this style.

Sure, the balance will be out of wack at first, but then it gets patched and improved.

Edit:

Stun states need a huge revamp too. The rock states, the effects of being rocked, etc. Debuffing stats is an idea. Debuffing move levels. Debuffing stamina. All temporary.

Also, being punched shouldn't lock you dead center nor should it really cause your character to get stuck.

Last edited by AydinDubstep; 04-08-2018 at 04:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »