Home

Joanna's standup vs Roses' standup

This is a discussion on Joanna's standup vs Roses' standup within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2018, 12:20 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Joanna's standup vs Roses' standup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Power doesn't dictate striking ability

Joanna has literally dominated everyone not named Rose in striking and is a multiple time thai champion. 94 is very fair. I'm cool with her power being lowered but she more than deserves her rating. What Rose did doesn't diminish everything else Joanna has accomplished.
so joanna gets a 94 for her mauy thai striking experience but holly holm and saki get 91? She dominated people with her movement, accuracy, and creativity of strikes she threw. The thing is moves don't play into stats. I KNOW she is super high level with her technique but she's not super powerful or lightning fast.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:22 PM   #10
Rookie

Striking is a baseline statistic. It's difficult to really know one-to-one because you have to take into account the individual strike levels on the fighter, right? It might make more sense to bump the move level of her lead hook and lead upper cut.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
so joanna gets a 94 for her mauy thai striking experience but holly holm and saki get 91? She dominated people with her movement, accuracy, and creativity of strikes she threw. The thing is moves don't play into stats. I KNOW she is super high level with her technique but she's not super powerful or lightning fast.
But she is lightning fast, she has good power in her kicks, she has endless cardio, great footwork, can throw combos from either stance.And to top it off she has consistently put on dominant performances with stand up. Like the only thing you can say is she doesn't have power in her hands.

Saki/Holly haven't dominated elite fighters consistently in the UFC. If they do then they'd deserve the same ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2018, 12:26 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
You're looking at the overalls which is bad, what specific stats do you think should be lowered? Power, head movment? And what overall do you think she should be if we aren't raising Rose from 90? 89, 91? Because one overall point is 7 stat points spread across the individual ratings So if you want to equalise her and Rose's overalls, what 28 stat points should she lose? If you drop her power by 3 points to 88, which is a change I'd be fine with, she stays at a 94 overall.

You want her stats to be lowered, which stats and by how much? Bearing in mind that she has shown her self to be massively better than basically everyone but Rose on the feet in that division. Nerfing Joanna isn't the way to go, it's buffing Rose's power, footwork, speed and head movement in my opinion.

Also, the switch stat is making the overall gap larger between the two than it actually is in real terms, ignoring that stat, Rose is 92 and Joanna is 94
I will take a look at them later. I just haven't been impressed with her last few fights at all. She is REALLLLLLLLLLLLY good at certain things. Shes not the best all across the board
Old 04-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
But she is lightning fast, she has good power in her kicks, she has endless cardio, great footwork, can throw combos from either stance.And to top it off she has consistently put on dominant performances with stand up. Like the only thing you can say is she doesn't have power in her hands.

Saki/Holly haven't dominated elite fighters consistently in the UFC. If they do then they'd deserve the same ratings.
They are in MUCH more competitive divisions than Joanna is. Joanna is the Ronda of the straw weight division. She was the best til other fighters got better and she stayed the same. I guess I'll stay away from that division in the game til she loses again.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #14
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
You think Joanna is a better striker after watching the fight saturday??? I think if someone beats someone at there own game for 25 minutes it usually means they are better at it. Joanna has a variety of attacks but in the game that is just having different moves and them being level 3-4. That doesn't mean she should have better stats just because she mixes it up more
When I say "better" I just mean her overall striking game...she has more tools and variety on the feet. That doesn't mean she win's though, as we all saw. With her striking stats yh I agree she could use a little nerf in power maybe, but the leg kicks need a boost...maybe a tree chopper perk would do.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:32 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
They are in MUCH more competitive divisions than Joanna is. Joanna is the Ronda of the straw weight division. She was the best til other fighters got better and she stayed the same. I guess I'll stay away from that division in the game til she loses again.
She's lost to literally a single fighter that she had a competitive fight with on Saturday that you can argue she won (I don't think she did, but you can make a reasonable case for her IMO)

Do you think Aldo sucks because he lost to Holloway twice? Like, what? Also, ****ing LOL at thinking Women's Bantamweight is a more competitive division than Strawweight, or LHW for that matter tbh

Last edited by Nugget7211; 04-10-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2018, 12:38 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
lmao both LHW and BW are two of the weaker divisions

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 04-10-2018 at 12:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »