Home

Technical Striking tips from a Top 100 player

This is a discussion on Technical Striking tips from a Top 100 player within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Technical Striking tips from a Top 100 player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
The fact that big cee achieved this ...whilst complaining bitterly about the grappling is even way more mind blowing .

Honestly ...he actually ducks down to get GA ( pre patch )...fear of the uppercut won't even let me try that.

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Tapatalk
It’s not mind blowing homie I’m on that list too and I been sayin over and over that this is a k1 game and it’s impossible for grapplers . U don’t realize how hard it is at a top level coz u guys aren’t good players . Most of time ur offline players so u have no idea what ur talking about
Old 04-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #10
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Reticulan1
I didn't realize until I started playing ranked recently how elite Bigg Cee was. Number 1 on Xbox and number 2 on PS4 looks like, wow.
As much as i hate Big Cee, i have to admit he is a really good grappler. He knows the best ground positions to finish the fight and can manipulate you into getting yourself into those positions.

Grappling is much more "safe" than striking so i can see how he is able to pull off crazy win ratios. He has more control of the outcome when he's on the mat and not standing.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 04-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #11
Rookie

I think a very important and missing link to your post Earv is the holy jab, uppercut, lead hook combo. The fastest and most assured way of rocking and dropping your opponent when timed correctly and one that you used many times in these short clips. Yes, this one combo can improve your game by leaps and bounds! It's a big reason why I was able to rack up over 100 wins and 1500 points on ranked. If your opponent doesn't know this combo and you do then you already have a major advantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2018, 01:56 PM   #12
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

I firmly believe you have to be really good at figuring things out on the fly to play online. Like you said, it's a series of micro puzzles to keep figuring out. There really isn't much you can tell us to make us better at this, and it's the most important part it seems.

I really like these tips though, and will attempt to implement them online tonight in ranked.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:50 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntmurkr
It’s not mind blowing homie I’m on that list too and I been sayin over and over that this is a k1 game and it’s impossible for grapplers . U don’t realize how hard it is at a top level coz u guys aren’t good players . Most of time ur offline players so u have no idea what ur talking about
So I don't know what I'm talking about because ...I appreciate his big cee's style ...and I don't know how hard it is because I'm not a good player Or I don't play ranked.

It's obvious that to be ranked that high you have to be good ...and even more so it's hard at that level .

But for you to come out here and say things like I don't know what I'm saying is very condescending my dude .

UFC 3 costs 22,000 in my country's currency ...let's not even talk about access to good internet that won't lag ...so I don't have the opportunity to play ranked .

But you know what ...post a link to a couple of videos of your gameplay ...and teach me something .

Ain't no beef ...but your choice of words are poor .

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2018, 12:30 PM   #14
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

Any advice for countering guys who glue themselves to your face and constantly throw double jab -> straight -> hook -> hook combos?
Seems every defensive measure I've tried just results in me getting blasted.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:41 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrotik
Any advice for countering guys who glue themselves to your face and constantly throw double jab -> straight -> hook -> hook combos?
Seems every defensive measure I've tried just results in me getting blasted.
Duck or side step the straight punches then counter.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »