Home

New Controls

This is a discussion on New Controls within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2018, 12:33 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New Controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
Yes exactly this and it felt good. This time around we have right stick for head movement which can be done while moving now and it looks bad lol. I never use head movement while moving, perhaps it's to my detriment but I hate the way it looks so I don't use it.

Also if they change strike variation to left stick then we wouldn't be able to do moving strikes? But how often do players use them? We all try to find a range where we can plant and rip anyway.
always I using them. and Right stick had nothing to do with strikes in EA UFC2, too. Moving strike has to do with left stick and its really awesome.

What is different from UFC2's control?
UFC2 - left stick was in charge of strikes type.
UFC3 - left stick is in charge of only moving.

you really don't want moving system? it very close related to footwork. UFC2? You can only created space by each strikes type. you couldn't get reach to them using by strikes when they moving backward. It was impossible.

Last edited by tissues250; 04-12-2018 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:23 AM   #18
Banned

If you buy a new game youve to learn the controls period
Old 04-12-2018, 08:30 AM   #19
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Preaching to the choir at this point about the controls I don’t think anything can be done now it was a learning curve for me and I’m very familiar with the game my friends want no part of it....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-13-2018, 06:20 PM   #20
Rookie

I personally think they did a great job with the controls this time around. Now there is much more variation to each kind of strike (for example retreating, standing, advancing, and sidestepping versions of every strike)

However I agree that the input for uppercuts is a little weird. What if instead of a "signature" modifier, the right bumper was a vertical modifier that turned punches into uppercuts and kicks into front kicks?

I do like the idea of being able to customize input though.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #21
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyJudoka
I personally think they did a great job with the controls this time around. Now there is much more variation to each kind of strike (for example retreating, standing, advancing, and sidestepping versions of every strike)

However I agree that the input for uppercuts is a little weird. What if instead of a "signature" modifier, the right bumper was a vertical modifier that turned punches into uppercuts and kicks into front kicks?

I do like the idea of being able to customize input though.
We tried that and found the awkwardness of the double button press was preferable to the awkwardness of using the RB modifier when throwing the types of combos you'd want to throw using uppercuts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2018, 06:38 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
We tried that and found the awkwardness of the double button press was preferable to the awkwardness of using the RB modifier when throwing the types of combos you'd want to throw using uppercuts.
That makes sense. I suppose the fact that you are using both thumbs and both index fingers would make fast boxing combos more awkward to coordinate using the right bumper.

And like I said before, I personally feel you guys did a great job with the controls. Not sure my opinion means that much, but y'all probably don't hear that enough.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:38 PM   #23
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

The controls aren't really a problem for me; the game just doesn't feel fluid the majority of the time. That's more the mechanics than anything. I do understand being frustrated when trying to learn how to play, though.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 04-13-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:11 PM   #24
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
The controls aren't really a problem for me; the game just doesn't feel fluid the majority of the time. That's more the mechanics than anything. I do understand being frustrated when trying to learn how to play, though.
I was all about fluidity in the last games. I think ufc 3 feels more fluid to me when I use like 2 strike combos and spam backdash.

It's hard because lots of online matches feel very digital.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »