Home

New Controls

This is a discussion on New Controls within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2018, 08:35 PM   #25
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: New Controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I was all about fluidity in the last games. I think ufc 3 feels more fluid to me when I use like 2 strike combos and spam backdash.

It's hard because lots of online matches feel very digital.
UFC 2 was very fluid but almost too much so in a lot of ways. The pace was just too frantic. So, in comparison to that, I like what UFC 3 is trying to do with the system in this game. The problem for me is that it just feels so sluggish and sloppy in its execution; from throwing strikes to evading them.

I'm glad that there are a handful of guys here that seem to genuinely enjoy the game. I wish I could feel the same way, but it's more of a habitual playing experience for me at this point. Run a few matches, get disgusted with how it plays, turn it off, repeat the next day. It's much better than it was at launch, though. I'll say that.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 04-13-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #26
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I'm glad that there are a handful of guys here that seem to genuinely enjoy the game. I wish I could feel the same way, but it's more of a habitual playing experience for me at this point. Run a few matches, get disgusted with how it plays, turn it off, repeat the next day. It's much better than it was at launch, though. I'll say that.
I'll get caught up playing quick match for hours, but in that mode i can play however I want, use any fighter, ect. This go around I've done some ranked matches, but if you want to win against someone decent it feels much more of a "chore" than the previous games.

It would be better if more players used mics.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:51 PM   #27
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I'll get caught up playing quick match for hours, but in that mode i can play however I want, use any fighter, ect. This go around I've done some ranked matches, but if you want to win against someone decent it feels much more of a "chore" than the previous games.

It would be better if more players used mics.
Ranked is absolutely horrible from what I've experienced so far, but you do see a good mix of skill and fighters in quick matches. That's the only online mode I have any interest in at this point. It's always nice when you play people who are just trying to have fun fights that resemble reality and not exploit the mechanics of the game.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 04-13-2018 at 08:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »