Home

Who should lose more stamina?

This is a discussion on Who should lose more stamina? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Who should lose more stamina?

The guy throwing 100 strikes per round or the guy who's been knocked down 3x?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2018, 04:20 PM   #2
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Who should lose more stamina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAnimal
It's kind of a trick question because there are a lot of factors that would go into the answer in real life BUT...

The loss of stamina in relation to thrown strikes is WAY out of whack regardless of the outcome of the question.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAnimal
Depends on the fighter but I say the guy who has been knocked down 3 times.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:45 PM   #4
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

I just did a test, and someone spamming hooks into the block 100 times in a row as fast as possible uses 50 points of max stamina.

Someone who throws 3 strike hook combos into the block while allowing their stamina to regen to full between each exchange, for a total of 100 strikes, uses 18 points of max stamina.

Someone who did nothing but get knocked down 3 times would lose 6 points of max stamina.

This test was done with Eddie Alvarez.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I just did a test, and someone spamming hooks into the block 100 times in a row as fast as possible uses 50 points of max stamina.

Someone who throws 3 strike hook combos into the block while allowing their stamina to regen to full between each exchange, for a total of 100 strikes, uses 18 points of max stamina.

Someone who did nothing but get knocked down 3 times would lose 6 points of max stamina.

How long does it throw 100 hooks non-stop?
How long does it take to throw 100 hooks in sets of 3?

Isn't the discrepancy between the two in terms of stamina loss too big?

[edit]

Assuming there's not a significant difference in how much time it takes in both cases..

Last edited by DaisukEasy; 04-13-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2018, 05:14 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukEasy
How long does it throw 100 hooks non-stop?
How long does it take to throw 100 hooks in sets of 3?

Isn't the discrepancy between the two in terms of stamina loss too big?

[edit]

Assuming there's not a significant difference in how much time it takes in both cases..
The difference isnt that they are throwing them in sets of 3. Its that they are taking time, letting their stamina regenerate and throwing them into a block.

I think the discrepency is too big but the counter argument that I've heard (especially from online players) is that if you significantly increase stamina drain on blocked strikes, it will cause people to just hold block and use block as the primary form of defense even more than they already do.

They also argue that even if you increase block break, people may use block slightly less but they still are using the block primarily to drain stamina and not to actually defend themselves.

Its the same argument I've heard when people complain about distance fighting or using the lunge. That the defensive fighter is just trying to bait whiffs in order to stamina drain their opponent.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC

Can u do this test with body strikes?
Old 04-13-2018, 05:24 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The difference isnt that they are throwing them in sets of 3. Its that they are taking time, letting their stamina regenerate and throwing them into a block.

I think the discrepency is too big but the counter argument that I've heard (especially from online players) is that if you significantly increase stamina drain on blocked strikes, it will cause people to just hold block and use block as the primary form of defense even more than they already do.

They also argue that even if you increase block break, people may use block slightly less but they still are using the block primarily to drain stamina and not to actually defend themselves.

Its the same argument I've heard when people complain about distance fighting or using the lunge. That the defensive fighter is just trying to bait whiffs in order to stamina drain their opponent.
If you increase stamina drain from blocked strikes it will prevent over aggressive strategies

If you nerf block it will prevent people to trust their life in it.

If u sway wrong u gonna be rocked

More stamina drain + nerfed block +high risk sways = balance

At least is what I think...block is already the first line of defense... maybe when they solve the footwork problem we can have distance manage the first line

Last edited by bmlimo; 04-13-2018 at 05:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »