Home

Blocking Strikes in MMA

This is a discussion on Blocking Strikes in MMA within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2018, 07:55 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Blocking Strikes in MMA

If they weaken block without changing movement and lunging strikes they need to add a parry system one that helps me defend myself not create offense.

I also think the lead leg kick might be to power i dont think i have ever seen anybody get tko from lead leg kicks.The lead leg kick in game looks more like a baby condit kick.If u want power on lead leg it should be the switch lead leg kick they had it in ufc2 i think thats what its called.That kick should do damage the one in game should be more like a jab it should do very little damage both throwing and checking.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:02 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush land
Thank you u just kinda proved my point fighters only really cover there head when there rocked.They dont just hold block and do moving sways and ducks that cost absolutely no stamina.
I definitely agree with this. Thing is, imagine if everyone had Diaz-tier stamina, no one had one-punch KO power, and there were no all-time tier grapplers. It might be more of a phone booth fight with more volume and more blocking. That's essentially what we're dealing with online.

I think that's a thing in Muay Thai kickboxing competitions. They take pride in being able to fight in close quarters and to absorb strikes with their guard, because the rules and equipment allow it. You kinda can't blame people online for taking what they're given and working with it. It's up to EA to create a system where things are risky the way they are in real life, which isn't what we have now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Blocked strikes should drain more stamina.

As a counterbalance blocking should either slow down the user, have no more regenerative stamina, or break down quicker (1-2 strikes)
I think in addition to this, holding block should give the opponent grapple advantage.

Last edited by RyanFitzmagic; 04-14-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:26 PM   #19
Banned

The more i think about it the accuracy is way to good everyone ones so accurate which also brings up the hit detection.Which i literally no nothing about how is the damage linked to hit detection is it even linked.

If i break ur nose that should affect ur stamina?

We need more injuries in the fights and too much damage should stop fights.You should have to pick in between rounds u want more stamina or work on the damage/cuts/swelling/ice the leg.I feel this might slow the pace if people knew one shot could ruin the whole outcome.

The damage from these injuries could change alot swollen eye cant see strikes from that side as good so the frames could change making it harder to defend

I really hope they can add this i thought they said something bout picking stamina in between rounds back in the beta?
Old 04-14-2018, 08:34 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
I feel this might slow the pace if people knew one shot could ruin the whole outcome.
I think this should honestly be the case 99% of the time. One strike can completely change any fight.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:42 PM   #21
MVP

I agree I definitely feel the effects of accuracy stat should be more pronounced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #22
Banned

What about the damage in between rounds would you want that our is it gonna be annoying?
Old 04-14-2018, 08:51 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
What about the damage in between rounds would you want that our is it gonna be annoying?
Sorry what are you trying to ask? Some typing errors makes it hard to read.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:27 PM   #24
Banned

Did you play FNC? In between rounds you could add stamina or lower you're damage if you were cut you had to use points to fix it but then you'd get less stamina next round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »