Home

When Are They Finally Add Stamina Tax To The Head Movement spammers?

This is a discussion on When Are They Finally Add Stamina Tax To The Head Movement spammers? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2018, 08:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question When Are They Finally Add Stamina Tax To The Head Movement spammers?

This seems like something they should have done from the beginning, let alone being asked to repeatedly and still not doing it in a patch.

If in real life, you bob your head up and down, to the side, over and over again, you're going to get tired.. that's a lot of movement especially when you're constantly doing it for a full 5 minutes.

So if it takes away your stamina in real life why not in the game? They need to add a decent stamina tax to head movement both while moving and standing still. It would stop a lot of the head movement spam that just makes the game so unrealistic and annoying to deal with.

The simple fix is making the fighter lose stamina the more head movement they do. Why has this not been done yet? or if they claim to have done it, it's barely noticeable at all and needs a serious increase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2018, 08:49 AM   #2
MVP

Re: When Are They Finally Add Stamina Tax To The Head Movement spammers?

They did and it is very noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-15-2018, 08:51 AM   #3
Pro

They actually did add a tax. When the game came out headmovement didn't cost any stamina at all, now it does cost a bit of stamina. It's just not nearly high enough to deter anyone from using it excessively..
Old 04-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
They did and it is very noticeable.

Noticeable. Yes. Effective. No.

Yes, you can physically see some sort of stamina being taxed but it is very very small.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:13 AM   #5
MVP

There is a tax, how much it taxes depends heavily on the fighter stats, 16 consecutive sways with Connor uses a quarter of his stamina (98 HM + Perks make it over 100)

16 consecutive sways with Gil Burns (83 HM) uses just under half his stamina and slightly drained his overall stamina.

4 duck uppers with Connor drained 3/4's stamina.
Gil roughly the same however Gil loses slightly more maximum stamina.

At full stamina, you can sway and pray for a fair while pretty safely. However the stamina tax made it so you can't use sways after a combo that fully taxed your stamina to regenerate your stamina and let you defend strikes, that was crazy. Now headmovement also pauses stamina regen.

Also working the body will slow them down on the counters and make them gas much quicker, and working the legs does massive damage if you time it when they sway.

Lastly combos set up off sways are more taxing on a whiff than the same combo not set up off a sway.

I'd like to see a increased tax for consecutive headmovement in the same direction perhaps, say you duck more than 10 times in 5 seconds or something cheesy, but I don't know how to implement it though and it could end up sucking so take that with a grain of salt.

The max stamina drain for headmovement seems completely random however, with Gil I lost a chunk of long term stamina after 5 chained sways, then 21, then 7, all the same pattern.

Overall, I don't know what I think.
I think it blends well with the overall stamina, but feels a bit too effective at low stamina, the tax seems odd but I don't think it should be much higher really. Given the counter tax and how open the body and legs are left by head movement spam, I don't think It's a massive issue now we have the tax.

But I'm not opposed to change, either, if it deters headmovement span while keeping it viable and effective I'm all for it. Skilled duck-upper spammers are still painful to deal with I can't lie.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 04-15-2018 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Typos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2018, 09:20 AM   #6
Pro

It’s a tough issue. All I know is that it is becoming increasingly more difficult to safely counter head movement as players start to find tactics that minimises the risk to their head movement.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:39 AM   #7
MVP

I don't think we will ever see an effective stamina tax on head sways as long as the damage system is based heavily on counter vulnerability .

What's the point if they can get you in round one and two with the head movement spam. Sometimes it's not even the damage from the sway counters but the stamina hitting you from the whiffs that pisses me off .

Just watch them they always seem to have a pattern of moving their heads . Use single hooks to catch them if they move right ...right hook .left left hook . Even at that be careful they can still duck the single hook. The thing is to make them think and be uncomfortable.

Sometimes you catch yourself just standing in the pocket while the wait for you to strike so they can sway . Even the AI does this . Which leads me to believe that this problem will not be eliminated . But rather the devs will give us tools to punish them .i.e . Balance .

Sucks that four hooks and 2jabs and a straight = ducking uppercut .

On the pocket always use combos that end or start with a leg kick if you notice them starting combos of a sway .

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2018, 12:03 PM   #8
MVP

The problem isn’t the tax for sways... but the tax for sway strikes... sway strikes should be the most taxed thing after fancy strike

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »