Home

Takedowns don’t cost enough stamina when stuffed

This is a discussion on Takedowns don’t cost enough stamina when stuffed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2018, 04:13 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Takedowns don’t cost enough stamina when stuffed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Unfortunately with the way it is set up i don't think we can fix this problem, what we need is a "struggle state" where the fighter that is going for the takedown can decide to expend more energy to secure the takedown or let it go, costing less stamina.
This.

Been asking for this for awhile.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:11 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Stopped 19 takedowns in 1 round earlier. It was just constant shooting. I ended the round with less stam than the other guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-21-2018, 05:24 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This.

Been asking for this for awhile.
Good news. With GPD and MM shooting TD struggle down- the outlook seemed bleak.

Hopefully TDs can be treated like a position so we can have a struggle state.

This combined with grounded mobility would be huge improvements to grappling. The up coming patch would be a good start.

This opens the way for subs to be treated as a position too. To able to strike and move within subs would be great. This can be a hopeful for EA UFC 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 06:50 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I understand it can be frustrating, but the ground game and takedowns feel so nerfed I think extra stamina penalty on takedowns would be bananas.

Most of the takedowns feel very lazy and not explosive anyways, imo. Not big stamina burners.

I agree. Adding a larger stamina tax would make it unbalanced, but if they changed that around a bit, the extra stamina tax would make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-21-2018, 09:23 PM   #13
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Stamina drain is so weird. I've seen huge stamina drain a good chunk off an opponent just from getting up after they were on their back after I decided to stand up or something minimal like that. I don't get it at all.

But unless the devs decide to add a proper takedown mechanic that represents most take down attempts in MMA, I guess a denied tda that only last a sec or two doesn't need a stamina drain...But it still should be punished when it's spammed.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-21-2018, 09:32 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I understand it can be frustrating, but the ground game and takedowns feel so nerfed I think extra stamina penalty on takedowns would be bananas.

Most of the takedowns feel very lazy and not explosive anyways, imo. Not big stamina burners.
Exactly Dave you just spoke my mind . Take downs are one of the few weapons one can use against spammers ...why nerf it even more ?

Why ?

Why ?

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2018, 10:15 PM   #15
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Stamina drain is so weird. I've seen huge stamina drain a good chunk off an opponent just from getting up after they were on their back after I decided to stand up or something minimal like that. I don't get it at all.
Operation Sports mobile app
I noticed this too but then I noticed that anytime you clinch or go to the ground both fighter actually get a permanent stamina boost that then goes back down when the fight goes back to the feet.

I thai clinched Holly Holm one night and freaked out when I saw her permanent stamina suddenly go way up. Upon closer inspection, my stamina also went up and both went back down when she escaped.

Youtube:Generative James's Games's
Helpful EA UFC 2&3 info with No Commercials!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #16
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generative James
I noticed this too but then I noticed that anytime you clinch or go to the ground both fighter actually get a permanent stamina boost that then goes back down when the fight goes back to the feet.

I thai clinched Holly Holm one night and freaked out when I saw her permanent stamina suddenly go way up. Upon closer inspection, my stamina also went up and both went back down when she escaped.
Okay, I've been really trying to pay attention to these things more and more. I'm just tryna understand the rhyme & reason for this stamina thing. I still don't really like how it is compared to the last game after they patched it though. It's just really strange.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »