Home

Is McGregor overpowered?

This is a discussion on Is McGregor overpowered? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Is McGregor overpowered?

He has a very good chin in real life but compared to other fighters his health stats are quite excessive. However, I'm completely baffled by how he has one of the highest stance switch stats in the game when he fights almost exclusively southpaw. Using the game's stat logic it should be down all the way to 80. I guess throwing spin kicks in media workouts counts for something.

Another issue I've had with the game stat balancing is that even though he has below average grappling stats for the meta characters, he's still comparable or better at it than fighters such as Poirier who have no problem fighting on ground.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #10
Banned

What does meta mean?
Old 04-21-2018, 04:19 PM   #11
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
He has a very good chin in real life but compared to other fighters his health stats are quite excessive. However, I'm completely baffled by how he has one of the highest stance switch stats in the game when he fights almost exclusively southpaw. Using the game's stat logic it should be down all the way to 80. I guess throwing spin kicks in media workouts counts for something.

Another issue I've had with the game stat balancing is that even though he has below average grappling stats for the meta characters, he's still comparable or better at it than fighters such as Poirier who have no problem fighting on ground.
His switch stat is kind of all over the place depending on what weight class, but even his lowest switch stat is too high.

Most of the switch stats in the game seem like complete guesses, which is kind of understandable given the huge roster. What's not understandable is proven switch fighters haven't had there stats updated, even though they were posted right after game dropped. Some of them have 80, while tier 1 fighters like Conor are given high switch for who knows what reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
His switch stat is kind of all over the place depending on what weight class, but even his lowest switch stat is too high.

Most of the switch stats in the game seem like complete guesses, which is kind of understandable given the huge roster. What's not understandable is proven switch fighters haven't had there stats updated, even though they were posted right after game dropped. Some of them have 80, while tier 1 fighters like Conor are given high switch for who knows what reason.
Because the developers watched his media workouts and incorporated all that into his game character. Really, he's too much to deal with in this game, especially with head movement. So yeah, he's OP but so is Khabib for different reasons. Regardless if you incorporate stats into a game you'll never have balance.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:24 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S

He's too much to deal with in this game, especially with head movement. So yeah, he's OP but so is Khabib for different reasons. Regardless, if you incorporate stats into a game you'll never have balance.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:26 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Attack
What does meta mean?
Well you could have found it quicker Googling than asking here but sure. In this instance, meta is basically the strongest current strategy in a game. For example, a few months ago the meta was abusing sway strikes.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:48 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
Well you could have found it quicker Googling than asking here but sure. In this instance, meta is basically the strongest current strategy in a game. For example, a few months ago the meta was abusing sway strikes.
I would argue that this is still the meta. Yes it's beatable but you can still get your head knocked off with sway and duck uppers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 05:09 PM   #16
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

I mean Mcgregor has always been op'd ever since he got on the cover remember? Nothing new...he's more realistic at WW though. As far as his high switch stance, the dude does have really good stance switch irl though. I mean I know this is from boxing, but did you see how clean those stance switch jabs were that he was tagging Floyd with? Those were giving Floyd fits early on.

Last edited by WarMMA; 04-21-2018 at 05:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »