Home

Why don't you like grappling in this game?

This is a discussion on Why don't you like grappling in this game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What's your reason for not enjoying grappling in this game?
I don't like grappling in real life either 1 1.54%
The grappling in this game is too unrealistic 33 50.77%
The grappling in this game is too realistic 0 0%
The grappling in this game is too slow pace 28 43.08%
The grappling relies too much on stamina 13 20.00%
The grappling is too limited 45 69.23%
Other (Please post your reason) 9 13.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2018, 04:24 AM   #97
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Why don't you like grappling in this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
Look at any of my posts. They have always said, "Copy UD3's grappling and add simultaneous transitions and the momentum system." I never said UD3's grappling was perfect. If you add the simultaneous grappling and momentum to UD3's grappling, we have the greatest grappling in MMA games. Everyone wants to reinvent the wheel here. EA attempted to reinvent the wheel and they came up with great ideas. Those ideas being simultaneous grappling and momentum. Everything else was done correctly by THQ with UD3.
thq had it right. everything about grappling was authentic. it comes down to a pride issue."We're better than those devs. Our system is superb" meanwhile thq INVENTED mma games. like doom did fps thq did mma. they set a very high standard of quality. they gave the golden rules to successful. mma games. these devs have more money and have made half the game. just take what we want and expand on it. and sorry we wont. wait for ufc 4 to be given the game we BEGGED for. it has to all be patched in. it was asked for in ufc 2. they own the rights to ud3. they have the files. it is not hard recode ud3s in
Old 05-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #98
MVP

Would be good if we had things like clinch parries to over/under or single collar from UD3 made it back as revamped parries for EA UFC 3 or 4.

UD3 did a lot of great things when in comes to grappling. I love the struggle aspect and you could get instant TDs if timed well too.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:57 PM   #99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Would be good if we had things like clinch parries to over/under or single collar from UD3 made it back as revamped parries for EA UFC 3 or 4.

UD3 did a lot of great things when in comes to grappling. I love the struggle aspect and you could get instant TDs if timed well too.
there was such a good variety too

You could shoot in on the hips to try to take the back, you could choose between double and single against the cage, you could pull guard from almost every clinch position, you could slide for leg locks (lol at the imanari roll in this game) etc.

The other thing that was nice was how many submissions and guards there were. Rubber guard and butterfly guard were mad nice. you could attack leg locks from half guard. Knees from turtle position.

my favorite thing to do in that game was play a judoka using karate as well.

there was so much technique diversity the difference between a judoka and a wrestler was massive. the difference between a judoka and a jiu jitsu fighter were massive. The difference between a karate fighter and a boxer were massive.

that game was just perfection in terms of making every style feel like its own thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »