Home

How is outside fighting considered OP?

This is a discussion on How is outside fighting considered OP? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2018, 05:01 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How is outside fighting considered OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Sorry thats wrong, punches seem to track the lunge, see martialminds thread which shows this. Uppercuts slide into range so you have to use multiple. Anyone can hold forward throw combos and not let you escape pressure. I have video evidence of the opposite of what you say.
I'm pretty sure he is trolling
Old 05-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Sorry thats wrong, punches seem to track the lunge, see martialminds thread which shows this. Uppercuts slide into range so you have to use multiple. Anyone can hold forward throw combos and not let you escape pressure. I have video evidence of the opposite of what you say.
LOL i was joking i have a feeling this was the last update i get there gonna nerf the **** of outside fighting
Old 05-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #11
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Quote:
I'm assuming he's being sarcastic, because he was being sarcastic in another thread about the same exact thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 05:05 PM   #12
MVP

This video is NOT an example of outside fighting against someone who only comes forward. This is to serve as two things. 1. Proof that outside fighting can be done against people who DON'T only pressure forward (this is to silence any claims that it doesn't work in any situation). 2. Give some small example of what techniques you should be doing and how to move while outfighting.

This guy I'm up against is not the greatest player ever, but he provides a decent example. I'm JDS (with a 3in reach disadvantage).

https://streamable.com/u9yzj

Note that I believe wholeheartedly that you can do this against a pressure fighter. People will even get so frustrated THEY will move to the opposite of the cage and refuse to come forward out of anger. I will work on providing an example in the meantime.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:06 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Punch range is a distance, like boxing range. Outside fighters stay on the outside of that so they can kick etc. They dont like fighting in there, its not that they dont punch its that thats not where they are the most effective. Wonderboy is an example
Okay, so do you not think Aldo was outfighting against Edgar because he was primarily punching? I'm just trying to figure out what people mean by outfighting or outside fighting, do you just mean striking from a consistently long range?
Old 05-02-2018, 05:10 PM   #14
Banned

Not chest to chest is outside fighting in this game
Old 05-02-2018, 05:15 PM   #15
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Honestly the majority dont seem to understand what outside fighting is.

They’re confusing counter fighting with outside fighting. Outside fighting is pretty much impossible in this game due to magnetic striking
This. If anything, inside fighting is OP. Players can just rush you down all day in this game. I honestly would like to know which GC's think this. The game has really just started to get some tools to help outside fighting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
This video is NOT an example of outside fighting against someone who only comes forward. This is to serve as two things. 1. Proof that outside fighting can be done against people who DON'T only pressure forward (this is to silence any claims that it doesn't work in any situation). 2. Give some small example of what techniques you should be doing and how to move while outfighting.

This guy I'm up against is not the greatest player ever, but he provides a decent example. I'm JDS (with a 3in reach disadvantage).

https://streamable.com/u9yzj

Note that I believe wholeheartedly that you can do this against a pressure fighter. People will even get so frustrated THEY will move to the opposite of the cage and refuse to come forward out of anger. I will work on providing an example in the meantime.
I mean did make him whiff a few times but when he came forward he was still toe to toe with you. Majority of the exchanges were in clinch range.

That’s the issue. It’s too easy to close distance when throwing multiple strikes.

Im not saying you’ll aways win coming forward like that. I just wish closing distance was about cutting off the cage instead of just throwing 2-3 strikes and holding forward.

But props to your timing with the lunges. Definitely something I need to add. I stopped using em since they removed the ability to block.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »