Home

How is outside fighting considered OP?

This is a discussion on How is outside fighting considered OP? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2018, 06:07 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How is outside fighting considered OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
No I'd engage when needed to, other than that yes, Im not good in the pocket. I'd look for opportunities to engage.
Okay, we just have a difference in terms then. What you mean by outfighting, I'd just call range striking, and if someone was fighting off the back foot landing nothing but elbows, I'd consider that outfighting, range doesn't come into it for me (although I do accept that most outfighters are also range strikers because they fit together nicely)
Old 05-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Man, no wonder you think outfighting isn't viable. You aren't using the tools you've been given to do it. There were tons of opportunities to throw kicks and teeps. What you did was not only ugly, but very ineffective. You drained half your stamina in the first round. I think you fight like that not only because you don't have a full grasp on the mechanics and when to do them, but also because you have this false idea in your head about what outside fighting looks like.

You're constantly playing the semantics game too. The fact of the matter is, you CAN keep someone off of you and out of range to effectively hit you. I thought the complaint was "getting people off you when they forward pressure is impossible" not "outfighting doesn't look how I want it to look".

Standard outside fighting is simply keeping someone at the end of punching range and (in MMA) being able to switch ranges quickly and kick without being stifled. I did that effectively in my fight. There were periods of time where he got chest-to-chest, but that happens. That doesn't automatically make the fight an inside fight.

YOU HAVE TO BE IN PUNCHING RANGE TO PUNCH. lol What do you want from the devs? To allow only you to hit them with punches from kicking range? There was always full extension on my jabs, meaning he was at the end of the punching range. If it was infighting, the jabs would have been the stifled animation jabs.

Also, you can be BOTH and outfighter AND a counter striker.
1. What tools do you mean?
2. I threw side kicks like thompson does irl.
3. Yes of course i wasted stamina, i was lunging away to try and make space when i didnt want to engage.
4. Your still saying punching range, that is outside fighting in boxing terms, mma range is far different than boxing as you have to incorparate kicking and the threat of a takedown in your spacing, so your idea of outside fighting isnt applicable unless your boxing only.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:09 PM   #35
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I mean no offense by this, but are you guys considering that might be wanting the game to do all the work for you?

The game offers tools to let you discourage your opponent from staying glued to you all the time. If they insist, they put themselves at a big disadvantage and usually get drained and/or brutalized quickly.

Retreats are a very powerful tool. They allow you to bait whiffs, recover stamina and recover health. If you refuse to retreat, you put yourself in a big disadvantage. And if your opponent is not retreating and you're not taking advantage of it, that's on you. Sometimes it seems like folks want to hold a stick back and watch a Wonderboy fight play out. But you have to counter people to deter them, using the tools you're given, otherwise you deserve to be steamrolled by a guy who doesn't take a step back. He is probably way better than you, if he can pull it off without the benefit of retreats. If your skill is similar, you'll probably beat him. You might not force him off, but if you beat him, that's enough favoring of outside fighting to me, as in: "you do it or you lose."

Last edited by Solid_Altair; 05-02-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #36
Banned

Never knew people had different definitions of outside righting

I’d consider it when fighters stay either at kicking or punching range and then step/hop into range to strike and then hop back out to safety.

That was possible last year but lunges dont cancel into everything anymore so you cant really hop in and then out.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:11 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Okay, we just have a difference in terms then. What you mean by outfighting, I'd just call range striking, and if someone was fighting off the back foot landing nothing but elbows, I'd consider that outfighting, range doesn't come into it for me (although I do accept that most outfighters are also range strikers because they fit together nicely)
Outside fighting is fighting outside of range, its that simple. You have to be outside of range to fight on the outside.

Elbows are the shortest range possible, im not sure what that point means or how that is any way related to outside fighting.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:15 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I mean no offense by this, but are you guys consideering that might be wanting the game to do all the work for you?

The game offers tools to let you discourage your opponent from staying glued to you all the time. If they insist, they put themselves at a big disadvantage and usually get drained and/or brutalized quickly.

Retreats are a very powerful tool. They allow you to bait whiffs, recover stamina and recover health. If you refuse to retreat, you put yourself in a big disadvantage. And if your opponent is doing this and you're not taking advantage of it, that's on you. Sometimes it seems like folks want to hold a stick back and watch a Wonderboy fight play out. But you have to counter people to deter them, using the tools you're given, otherwise you deserve to be steamrolled by a guy who doesn't take a step back. He is probably way better than you, if he can pull it off without the benefit of retreats. If your skill is similar, you'll probably beat him. You might not force him off, but if you beat him, that's enough favoring of outside fighting to me, as in: "you do it or you lose."
I mean have you got evidence of this. What tools does the game give to me to keep distance and fight on the outside, other than retreats cause i use them as well, if you watched the video you would see that?
What do you mean by counter deterrent. If you mean by rocking them people are able to backpedal and wait until there rock is up and they will continue to press again, rocks dont have a big enough affect.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:16 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Outside fighting is fighting outside of range, its that simple. You have to be outside of range to fight on the outside.

Elbows are the shortest range possible, im not sure what that point means or how that is any way related to outside fighting.
That my entire point dude, outside fighting doesn't mean the same thing to everyone, as evidenced by me explaining what outside fighting means to me and you continuing to be like "No, outfighting relates entirely to range" when as far as I'm concerned it's related to directionality of movement and ring positioning

Also, how do you fight out of range? If you're fighting, you're in some kind of range, do you mean outside of boxing range?
Old 05-02-2018, 06:16 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I mean no offense by this, but are you guys considering that might be wanting the game to do all the work for you?

Retreats are a very powerful tool. They allow you to bait whiffs, recover stamina and recover health. If you refuse to retreat, you put yourself in a big disadvantage. And if your opponent is doing this and you're not taking advantage of it, that's on you. Sometimes it seems like folks want to hold a stick back and watch a Wonderboy fight play out. But you have to counter people to deter them, using the tools you're given, otherwise you deserve to be steamrolled by a guy who doesn't take a step back. He is probably way better than you, if he can pull it off without the benefit of retreats. If your skill is similar, you'll probably beat him. You might not force him off, but if you beat him, that's enough favoring of outside fighting to me, as in: "you do it or you lose."
Honestly it feels the other way around. The game holds the hand of the aggressor in terms of distance management. You shouldnt be constantly sliding forward with magnetic strikes. The game currently is too forgiving for poor distance management when in real life that’s arguably THE most important skill in fighting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »