Home

How is outside fighting considered OP?

This is a discussion on How is outside fighting considered OP? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2018, 09:17 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How is outside fighting considered OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
And for overhands? After the patch I think it’s overpower... if u block u lose regen speed and it bleeds, if u sway to the wrong side u will recieve the strike... if u duck u can easilly recieve a goodnight doubleupper
Block minor sway or you can catch them with jabs if they keep loading up for the same side.

Or duck and immediately sway back so you dodge the follow up if they’re comboing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 10:40 PM   #66
Rookie

Slipping towards the overhand, back lunges, and back sways from the correct range all work against the overhand
Old 05-02-2018, 10:57 PM   #67
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

You arent going to maintain distance unless your opponent allows you to. This is what Solid meant.

Lets say I want to fight off my back foot, or outfight. But my opponent is aggressive and wants to get in my face. I have the tools necessary to easily dispose of him given to me by the fact that I am the one backpedalling and he is the one aggressing. Mechanics say he is at a disadvantage, and he is.

But if he wants to get in my face, and get beat up, I cant stop him from doing that. This is a video game, there is no inherent risk, you wont force people away from you or to respect you. Some people will be in your face until you kill them. Because at worst, they suffer a virtual loss, s3nd you a nasty message and move on.

However, if you are fighting an intellegent player whose skill level is similar to your own, and you come out aggressive, you will quickly realize that you have to slow down and be more methodical if you want a safer route to victory. Because again, mechanically the aggressor is at a disadvantage.

So then the argument boils down to whether or not you should have to earn your opponents respect with strikes to keep him off you(if he is intellegent and cares about losing)

I think that should be left as is, its up to you to make your oppinent respect your strikes and keep distance. Others dont. They think other avenues of creating space without striking is needed. I largely disagree with this because not only would it buff outside fighting, it would buff straight up running. Land a jab leg kick and coast the roynd with a fighter with good footwork. Where is the skill in that?
Old 05-02-2018, 11:10 PM   #68
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
You arent going to maintain distance unless your opponent allows you to. This is what Solid meant.

Lets say I want to fight off my back foot, or outfight. But my opponent is aggressive and wants to get in my face. I have the tools necessary to easily dispose of him given to me by the fact that I am the one backpedalling and he is the one aggressing. Mechanics say he is at a disadvantage, and he is.

But if he wants to get in my face, and get beat up, I cant stop him from doing that. This is a video game, there is no inherent risk, you wont force people away from you or to respect you. Some people will be in your face until you kill them. Because at worst, they suffer a virtual loss, s3nd you a nasty message and move on.

However, if you are fighting an intellegent player whose skill level is similar to your own, and you come out aggressive, you will quickly realize that you have to slow down and be more methodical if you want a safer route to victory. Because again, mechanically the aggressor is at a disadvantage.

So then the argument boils down to whether or not you should have to earn your opponents respect with strikes to keep him off you(if he is intellegent and cares about losing)

I think that should be left as is, its up to you to make your oppinent respect your strikes and keep distance. Others dont. They think other avenues of creating space without striking is needed. I largely disagree with this because not only would it buff outside fighting, it would buff straight up running. Land a jab leg kick and coast the roynd with a fighter with good footwork. Where is the skill in that?
Thats why there needs to be tools added that allow you to cut off the cage. Its that simple.

I'm 100% behind GPD doing both of them at the same time but I think its awfully basic, linear and unrealistic to continue to limit movement on a game just because its not as fun as an action fight.

To be honest after you see back to back to back to back high action 120 strike per round high level fights, that starts to get boring and repetitive too.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:14 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:

these all sound like excuses to me about why the game isn't realistic

Lots of amazing fighters have styles like that, by the way. You might find it boring but their fans, who are just as important as casuals, will also like to emulate that.

I'd love to emulate a GNP heavy ground game. But its literally impossible in this game. Same thing with stand up. I'd love to play that outside game where I'm point fighting. Hate on it all you want, but there isn't much skill in most of the swangin and bangin going on online as it is.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:41 PM   #70
Banned

Quote:

If the tracking is fixed and you can cut off the cage properly that wouldnt be an issue. The difference is it would take skill to close the distance vs just holding forward.

Plus the judging does not favor “running”.

If real life fighters cant just stay in your face at will. Cutting off the cage is an essential skill that’s being removed in favor of a more arcadey action packed style. I just want all areas of MMA to flourish and the game right now does a disservice to the style of Stephen Thompson or Frankie Edgar.

You guys should want more balance so the meta isnt just about using the same fighters the same way.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:00 AM   #71
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats why there needs to be tools added that allow you to cut off the cage. Its that simple.

I'm 100% behind GPD doing both of them at the same time but I think its awfully basic, linear and unrealistic to continue to limit movement on a game just because its not as fun as an action fight.

To be honest after you see back to back to back to back high action 120 strike per round high level fights, that starts to get boring and repetitive too.
Im all for better tools to cut off the cage and a buff to distance management at the same time, and balanced well.

As for the 120 strikes per round. We dont have nuances like hand fighting, seemless transitions in and out of the clinch, feints that dont count as strikes..etc

Would you prefer to just move around to fill all these voids?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2018, 12:14 AM   #72
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungorborongo
these all sound like excuses to me about why the game isn't realistic

Lots of amazing fighters have styles like that, by the way. You might find it boring but their fans, who are just as important as casuals, will also like to emulate that.

I'd love to emulate a GNP heavy ground game. But its literally impossible in this game. Same thing with stand up. I'd love to play that outside game where I'm point fighting. Hate on it all you want, but there isn't much skill in most of the swangin and bangin going on online as it is.
I disagree, skill shines in activity in most video games. Making the correct reads, precise timing in a short window of opportunity, capitializing on your opponents mistakes. Its all there more/less. The only "skill" a heavier point fighting meta would produce is patience for ridiculous playstyles.

Dont get me wrong, I want a realistic game to a point. However I dont want a UFC simulator, where Damien Maia can sit on my back for 5 minutes at a time, or a nike running simulator.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »