Home

Game is being tuned to the point of only the elite being able to play.

This is a discussion on Game is being tuned to the point of only the elite being able to play. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #33
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Game is being tuned to the point of only the elite being able to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This isnt true. I'm not going to get into a discussion about Nog's chin rating again but the legends arent rated in their prime, its a mix.

If we rated them in their prime, Mark Coleman would have 99 Top Game and takedown ratings.
That's hard to do as well because really what was a prime mark coleman? Would he even get back Derrik Lewis today?

Also, they were talking about it on the recent JRE Fight Companion, really suspect how Nog was such a killer over in pride and soon as he came over here to the UFC he just started getting destroyed
Old 05-04-2018, 02:14 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
That's hard to do as well because really what was a prime mark coleman? Would he even get back Derrik Lewis today?

Also, they were talking about it on the recent JRE Fight Companion, really suspect how Nog was such a killer over in pride and soon as he came over here to the UFC he just started getting destroyed
Dana White has 91 striking dude.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:16 PM   #35
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Dana White has 91 striking dude.
Ya, but he is just a fun character added to the game, why make him useless?
Old 05-04-2018, 02:48 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is why I want to have caf in rank, but not caf at all 100%. cause no ufc fighters has those type of ratings. the caf rating cant go past the highest level fighters rates imo

i also would like to see dynamic rating to rank using the fighter net. that way the rating is now base on the skill of the users.

so the rating would show the fighter (done by ea/ufc), and next to it, it will show the user dynamic rating of the fighter that user was using ( base of the fight net). being higher or lower the what ea has as a rating for the fighter in use. that means when going head to head online with the same fighter. the rating will be different base on the user skill using fight net. but the normal rating will show what the base rating is like we be getting.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:42 PM   #37
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This isnt true. I'm not going to get into a discussion about Nog's chin rating again but the legends arent rated in their prime, its a mix.

If we rated them in their prime, Mark Coleman would have 99 Top Game and takedown ratings.
No - I feel like Mark Coleman was the cutoff of those early generation fighters that started to get exposed. If anything his ratings are a bit generous. Nogueira started off as a jiu-jitsu fighter and really started getting confidence in his hands with his boxing.

He tied it all together with his judo, boxing and Jiu-Jitsu as he went along. He was one of the first to display a well rounded game. Nogueira was more well rounded than Mir, Tim Sylvia, Randy Couture, Brock Lesnar, Shane Carwin undoubtedly.

I don't understand and never will understand your point of how MMA has changed. HOW - Curtis Blaydes is a much poorer version of Lesnar if anything in that he doesn't like to strike and relies heavily on his wrestling.

Cain is on the decline and has been for years - guess that's just MMA "evolving." Werdum has suddenly hit that wall as well it appears. Overeem is still relevant because he has KO power but even he's lost a step. Francis hit hard as hell and and has a mediocre Jiu-Jitsu game sprinkled in. Francis is just a genetic freak that didn't end up playing football somehow and found his way here.

All of that and at no point has Nogueira ever possessed an 85 Chin - ever! Maybe for one fight? When he had staph infection before he fought Mir the first time, but that's about it.

It's absolutely silly that a guy that's been knocked out 3 times in 46 fights has an 85 chin. . . and throughout the majority of those fights was known for his heart, durability above all else. Insane.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:45 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
No - I feel like Mark Coleman was the cutoff of those early generation fighters that started to get exposed. If anything his ratings are a bit generous. Nogueira started off as a jiu-jitsu fighter and really started getting confidence in his hands with his boxing.

He tied it all together with his judo, boxing and Jiu-Jitsu as he went along. He was one of the first to display a well rounded game. Nogueira was more well rounded than Mir, Tim Sylvia, Randy Couture, Brock Lesnar, Shane Carwin undoubtedly.

I don't understand and never will understand your point of how MMA has changed. HOW - Curtis Blaydes is a much poorer version of Lesnar if anything in that he doesn't like to strike and relies heavily on his wrestling.

Cain is on the decline and has been for years - guess that's just MMA "evolving." Werdum has suddenly hit that wall as well it appears. Overeem is still relevant because he has KO power but even he's lost a step. Francis hit hard as hell and and has a mediocre Jiu-Jitsu game sprinkled in. Francis is just a genetic freak that didn't end up playing football somehow and found his way here.

All of that and at no point has Nogueira ever possessed an 85 Chin - ever! Maybe for one fight? When he had staph infection before he fought Mir the first time, but that's about it.

It's absolutely silly that a guy that's been knocked out 3 times in 46 fights has an 85 chin. . . and throughout the majority of those fights was known for his heart, durability above all else. Insane.
I guess nog and mir is pretty much even... mir has better standup overall/ power and wrestling, nog has better chin, guard and boxing
Old 05-04-2018, 04:51 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door

You may have a small bias for Nogueira.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:55 PM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman

I know! And that’s why it’s tough. mark Coleman would get smoked today with his one dimensional grappling style but during his time he was dominant so we had to find a middle ground. We did the same with every classic fighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »