Home

Game is being tuned to the point of only the elite being able to play.

This is a discussion on Game is being tuned to the point of only the elite being able to play. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 08:00 PM   #49
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Game is being tuned to the point of only the elite being able to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Reticulan1
He is definitely mis-rated. Someone needs to send the devs videos of all of his old Pride fights.

He was well past his prime when he came to the UFC but he STILL defeated the former heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia with a guillotine! Do the devs know this?!

They do. Maybe beating Tim Sylvia and a losing ufc record isn’t that impressive? Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-04-2018, 08:02 PM   #50
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

OVR: 0
Game is being tuned to the point of only the elite being able to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They do. Maybe beating Tim Sylvia and a losing ufc record isn’t that impressive? Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He also beat freaking Randy Couture two fights later, who had JUST lost the heavyweight title to the freak Brock Lesnar.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Zeta Reticulan1; 05-04-2018 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:20 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Nogueira already fought a prime Velasquez/Cormier in Fedor and survived. A Prime Fedor destroys all today.

Junior would get worked in the clinch and on the ground, and believe it or not Prime Nogueira's boxing would have sustained enough to get it there.

Stipe is essentially a worse version of Prime Cro Cop with better footwork and a better wrestling sprinkled on. Nogueira already survived that and would do so again.

Cormier is essentially the closest thing you'd get to Fedor and he'd probably go to decsion and lose to him in his prime as well.

The only two Nogueira would lose to in his prime would like be Velasquez and Cormier. He'd lose by decision to them as well as they wouldn't be able to finish him.

Nogueira would be a horrible matchup for Francis as Francis would wear himself out trying to finish Nogueira and would eventually tap.

Most forget how nibble on his feet Prime Nog was and how good of boxing he actually had. He was really athletic before the multitude of knee and hip surgeries.
I just think Cigano movement + speed would be to much for nog... he also has great takedown defense... Miocic would be also a terrible match cuz minota would never take him down or do anything in the clinch... The minota in the game... as a UFC game... should be just the time that he spent in UFC when he arrived in UFC he was already a shadow of what he was... I believe the only fight against a “top” guy that he really had advantage in the beginning to the ending was against Couture... so I believe his stats are fine... but I would love to see a prime version of Minota, Bj, Shogun, Liddell and Anderson in this game... its better se a legend overpower than a Bisping
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2018, 10:20 PM   #52
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
I just think Cigano movement + speed would be to much for nog... he also has great takedown defense... Miocic would be also a terrible match cuz minota would never take him down or do anything in the clinch... The minota in the game... as a UFC game... should be just the time that he spent in UFC when he arrived in UFC he was already a shadow of what he was... I believe the only fight against a “top” guy that he really had advantage in the beginning to the ending was against Couture... so I believe his stats are fine... but I would love to see a prime version of Minota, Bj, Shogun, Liddell and Anderson in this game... its better se a legend overpower than a Bisping
Nogueira took Cigano under his wing and trained him. Cigano considers him his master. So a lot of what you see in him came from the legend Nogueira. Why can’t they give this man the proper respect he deserves in game with better ground stats?

He beat TWO former UFC Heavyweight champions. Tim Sylvia defended the UFC Heavyweight championship TWICE as champion. So TWO top guys got owned by him when he was already a shadow of his former self.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:26 PM   #53
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
He is definitely mis-rated. Someone needs to send the devs videos of all of his old Pride fights.

He was well past his prime when he came to the UFC but he STILL defeated the former heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia with a guillotine! Do the devs know this?!
I just don't think most of these guys on this forum where even around or remotely interested in MMA around his Prime which is unfortunate.

Most of them became fans either during the Lesnar era, or McGregor coming on to the scene. A shame really as they don't understand that it took the greatest heavyweight of all-time to defeat him decisively.

They also don't understand that Nogueira was such a faster more athletic fighter then too, and he carried a lot of that over even when he was out of his prime.

He was like a hyperfast version of himself in all aspects. Faster on the mat. These guys gawk over Fabricio Werdum but don't realize that Nogueira tooled him up on the mat even back when Werdum was a world champion!

I know ZombieRommel knows Prime Nogueira for sure.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:41 PM   #54
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Quote:
I just don't think most of these guys on this forum where even around or remotely interested in MMA around his Prime which is unfortunate.

Most of them became fans either during the Lesnar era, or McGregor coming on to the scene. A shame really as they don't understand that it took the greatest heavyweight of all-time to defeat him decisively.

They also don't understand that Nogueira was such a faster more athletic fighter then too, and he carried a lot of that over even when he was out of his prime.

He was like a hyperfast version of himself in all aspects. Faster on the mat. These guys gawk over Fabricio Werdum but don't realize that Nogueira tooled him up on the mat even back when Werdum was a world champion!

Yeah I think he tooled up Werdum on the mat in the Pride 06’ GP quarterfinals too right?

Even if you only want to go off his UFC record though, I think looking at those two former champions he beat should be enough to increase his ground stats at least.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:07 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Yeah I think he tooled up Werdum on the mat in the Pride 06’ GP quarterfinals too right?

Even if you only want to go off his UFC record though, I think looking at those two former champions he beat should be enough to increase his ground stats at least.

I have to defend Werdum on this... he was at the very beginning of his career in MMA and took a several punish on feet.He also didn’t train at the time to be a fighter... he was just Crocop ground sparring.He took such a beating that if I record it was like 2 knockdowns and a broken nose in the first round ... and they only went to the ground in like 30 sec... the only part on thief ignition that he made something useful

-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2018, 11:17 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:

Man I see a lot of love in your text for Nogueira ... he really was a beast in Pride he won against sergey 49 on feet... submit crocop, and took a hard punish against fedor and sapp.
But...

Again... this is a UFC game we can’t have those nogueira stats ... And well his best fights were against couture and the second against Mir... so I guess his stats are pretty accurate as the UFC nog... I just think his 87 chin is really low... the guy sever had defense and only Cain mir and Nelson finished him
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »