Home

Mechanic for cage circling and more

This is a discussion on Mechanic for cage circling and more within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2018, 09:12 PM   #9
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mechanic for cage circling and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush land
what would happen if you made movement slower everywhere?

why is there no speed slider or im i blind?
I don't think there's a slider for movement speed in the game.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:00 PM   #10
Banned

Re: Better mechanic for cage circling, cutting off cage and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
So after all the back and forth and reading the post on the recent topic about outside fighting, I thought of an idea to help with circling off the cage, cutting off the cage and overall quicker lateral movement. I'll call it the quick shuffle.

The Way it Works: So similar to the quick retreat(the new backward evasive movement we got in the recent patch), holding the two shoulder buttons and moving your fighter laterally will result in your fighter quickly shuffling to the desired side. And just like the quick retreat, this movement will have increased speed, keep your defenses up and will drain stamina. The general movement should look like this...

Using the Quick Shuffle to Circle off or Cut off the Cage: So pretty much the main thing this movement can be used for is to circle off or to cut off the cage like irl. So as a fighter who's back is headed towards or against the cage, you can simply use the quick shuffle to escape and circle off to your left/right. Below we see Wonderboy gets a bit stuck by the cage and uses the quick shuffle along the cage to his right to relieve Woodleys pressure...

In another scenario, we see both guys using it. Weidman lands a kick that backs Machida into the cage and Machida quickly shuffles to his right. Weidman responds with a quick shuffle of his own in that direction, cutting off the cage...

Using Head Movement and Lunges with the Quick Shuffle:Along with using the quick shuffle to escape in a certain direction, you would also be able to tie head movement into it and lunge out of it. So for example, say you're stuck against the cage and begin quick shuffling to a side to escape. If your opponent charges in with a strike and you see it coming, you would be able to slip the strike with head movement (in all directions except back of course) while shuffling or lunge out of the shuffle in the desired direction. Below is a visual example of Woodley using head movement while quick shuffling, to slip a Wonderboy left straight...

In another gif, we see Wonderboy shuffling to his right and quickly lunging out of it to his left to avoid a Hendricks right hand...

Stats and the Quick Shuffle: Like most things, this movement will also be affected by fighters stats. So for example, Wonderboy will have a faster quick shuffle than say Maia, because of his higher footwork stat. Or Anderson Silva will have quicker slips out of the quick shuffle than DC does, because of his higher head movement stat.

A Stickier Cage: Last but not least, I feel the cage needs to feel a bit more sticky when your against it. Not like your stuck in mud or anything, but you shouldn't be able to move as fast when against it or when it's in the way of the direction you're moving in.

Well that's it. This idea sprung from various post made by some of you in that thread, so let me know what you guys think about it...
your forgetting the run circle out which could be an advanced circle out animation. go look at gus vs jones we need that as well. good post
Old 05-07-2018, 03:07 PM   #11
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
your forgetting the run circle out which could be an advanced circle out animation. go look at gus vs jones we need that as well. good post
Hmm yh idk if they would add the running thing. Would be cool to see certain fighters like Gus and Reem doing it in the game though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2018, 03:20 PM   #12
MVP

I definitely feel lateral/backwards sprint should be implemented.

I also feel free movement should be introduced eventually too.

It would enable a Lomachenko style of gameplay.

Gaining angles to the back has advantages already built into the game not even including things like back clinch which could be added too.

Lomachenko uses this type of movement to angle off to an opponents back. This enables him to strike like he's in the matrix, which is what he is famous for.

The time it takes for an opponent to turn and face you again is the same time you can use to land strikes just like irl.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:06 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Hmm yh idk if they would add the running thing. Would be cool to see certain fighters like Gus and Reem doing it in the game though.
make it a sig lunge for conor and gus and jones. for RANGED fighters. pressure fighters rarely circle.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:28 PM   #14
Pro

The animation is already in the game I've seen McGregor do it. They would just need to map it on the controller and make it another feature. Totally agree though. The more ways to maintain distance the better. Great post man.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:04 AM   #15
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Stuff like this is crucial. I can only speak for myself, but I know that the main reason I used so much head movement when UFC 3 dropped was the adjustments they made to actual footwork. In UFC 2 I remember flicking LS in a direction to get a little step. Not a thing in UFC 3 at all, my remedy was using the head movement. I'm getting used to how it is now, but what you're suggesting here would go a long way toward helping defensive players get away from dudes who just barrel forward throwing combos. Especially given how the current lunges respond to your input online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2018, 01:04 AM   #16
MVP

The chick in hellblade sensmuas sacrifice has that exact side to side movement. The footwork when out of combat mimics fighting footwork so closely in that game!

This movement is very handy irl. You can also throw quick straights off it and switch stances rapidly.

One thing that it needs too is a duck, a pivot off and a block with pivot off. The whole animation could be triggered manually and then slightly seperate controls kick in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »