Home

Pls provide a video on how to deal with forward moving opponents who come at you with

This is a discussion on Pls provide a video on how to deal with forward moving opponents who come at you with within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #57
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pls provide a video on how to deal with forward moving opponents who come at you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw736
yesterday was basically my first time at hw.. I had no clue who to pick lol.

when i got to rank 1 i used Michael Bisping the entire time

and recognize told me 2 days ago he was using dc, so i choose stipe for the extra reach advantage. and at the very last second after i had already hit the ready button he switched from dc to jds

i can take a loss.. but that was terrible it made me want to quit the game. After round 1 especially at heavy weight i feel he should've been gassed.
So being actually forced to fight made you want to quit?

Literally all you do is pick Bisping and run from people with a stam lead. In HW they are strong enough & slow enough to punish that playstyle.

In your fight last night, you would have easily won if you just squared up and made him respect you every now and then. But instead yoy just kept trying to back up and get away.

People have this misconception that a professional fighter IRL can just back up and neutralize their opponents aggression without striking. The reason backing up out of range IRL works is because people RESPECT their opponents abilities to counter them and put them to sleep if they overextend. If there is no sense of respect, fighters can easily bull rush people and land on them consistently.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #58
Rookie

Re: Pls provide a video on how to deal with forward moving opponents who come at you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG

Literally all you do is pick Bisping and run from people with a stam lead. In HW they are stront enough to punish that playstyle.

In your fight last night, you would have easily won if you just squared up and made him respect you every now and then. But instead yoy just kept trying to back up and get away.

People have this misconception that a professional fighter IRL can just back up and neutralize their opponents aggression without striking. The reason backing up out of range IRL works is because people RESPECT their opponents abilities to counter them and put them to sleep if they overextend. If there is no sense of respect, fighters can easily bull rush people and land on them consistently.

lol y r u always hating on me?

i honestly dont no why you think I run, that's not the case. I sway the head punches and stay within jab range right after they miss. The only reason the sway didn't work yesterday was because even when I perfectly sway the jab the straight is magnetically attracted to my face, but i guess you'll say that's how it is in IRL.

I'm not sure why you reference "IRL" his accuracy was something like 40/150 every round. possibly more than 300 punches in two rounds with 20-30% accuracy with a heavy weight and he still had a ton of stam. And i did attack his body. no one in "IRL" throws 150 jabs and straights over and over again that just doesnt happen.

with the way your taking its like you purposely asked to put me in heavy weight cause you knew my speed and evaisness wouldn't be there. im not saying that's the case but that's how it comes across. I hope esfl is not that corrupt, so you could avoid our match up. which some how would take place at light weight like all of your other fights.

in esfl ive used Bisping once lol just once. as far as i know ive Never played you, so unless I played you on an alt account and it didnt go your way I do not no why u seem to think you know my entire game.

You play with lemus, he vouches for me he says I'm a pressure fighter. I respect your game, its why i want to play you .. i just dont get your animosity towards me

Last edited by jigsaw736; 05-07-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:44 PM   #59
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Quote:

Literally all you do is pick Bisping and run from people with a stam lead. In HW they are strong enough & slow enough to punish that playstyle.

I certainly hope some of you never have to defend yourselves in a real fight lol.
Winning a fight out of range works when a fighter has better FOOTWORK (and sometimes longer reach) than the other fighter. For example, Edgar vs. Bj Penn. Or Jon Jones vs anyone who isn't Gustafsson.

Also, you've clearly never seen Machida vs. Tito Ortiz.

Last edited by Zeta Reticulan1; 05-07-2018 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:45 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:

i honestly dont no why you think I run, that's not the case. I sway the head punches and stay within jab range right after they miss. The only reason the sway didn't work yesterday was because even when I perfectly sway the jab the straight is magnetically attracted to my face, but i guess you'll say that's how it is in IRL.

I'm not sure why you reference "IRL" his accuracy was something like 40/150 every round. possibly more than 300 punches in two rounds with 20-30% accuracy with a heavy weight and he still had a ton of stam. And i did attack his body. no one in "IRL" throws 150 jabs and straights over and over again that just doesnt happen.

with the way your taking its like you purposely asked to put me in heavy weight cause you knew my speed and evaisness wouldn't be there. im not saying that's the case but that's how it comes across. I hope esfl is not that corrupt, so you could avoid our match up. which some how would take place at light weight like all of your other fights.

in esfl ive used Bisping once lol just once. as far as i know ive Never played you, so unless I played you on an alt account and it didnt go your way I do not no why u seem to think you know my entire game.

You play with lemus, he vouches for me he says I'm a pressure fighter. I respect your game, its why i want to play you .. i just dont get your animosity towards me
from what ive seen jigsaw is a pure counter fighter. he capitalizes on every mistake. he constantly moves. you have to keep him against the cage. most have bad foot work and let him run around in circles. to be able to run at all is a feat as theres no circle out animations or defensive foot work. your style kenetic would be a great matchup
Old 05-07-2018, 03:53 PM   #61
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:

That’s because in an actual fight single shots REALLY hurt people. We have so many defensive tools it’s time they make strikes dangerous and getting hit should always be a problem.

As of now players getting rocked and keep moving forward. Yeah i can beat them some of the time, but they are obviously having success with strategy when it’s literally all I see in ranked.

This was absolutely not the case after the most recent patch byt before they fixed thr damage “bug”. That “bug” made the game far more realistic and fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2018, 04:09 PM   #62
Rookie

this is our game changer guys.

kenetic's gameplan: attack like a crazy berserker until he "breaks your block". then do another "high level" move to knock down the other guy with another 'block breaker"

jigsaw's gameplan: properly use distance, make fighter miss, manage stamina, outbox opponent if the ko comes it comes doesn't matter

again, I respect style but if we are actually trying make this game better your strat is far worse compared to mine for the evolution of this series.

Last edited by jigsaw736; 05-07-2018 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:23 PM   #63
Pro

Quote:

after playing Jigsaw, Kenetic, and Lemus
Kenetic is super aggressive when I fought him and we both knocked eachother down multiple times then he broke my block and killed me, with Lemus stays back and makes me think I'm winning then as soon as he rocks me once I'm dead, Jigsaw is really good with timing and combos and usually throws a combo then gets out throws a combo and gets out. All three of ya'll are really good at the game but I feel like Kenetic takes a lot more risks.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:36 PM   #64
MVP

Funny I was just watching one of jigsaw's fights on esfl but it was lagging ...stopped watching in round one gonna go watch it again .

I think there's a mega fight tonight or so on esfl if I'm not mistaken ?

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »