Home

Why do non-counter strikes do so little?

This is a discussion on Why do non-counter strikes do so little? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Why do non-counter strikes do so little?

I just had 3 fights in a row where people weren't even bothering to block their head while i was on the offensive.

I was playing as chris weidman. I was up against two anderson silvas in a row.

They would check leg kicks and if i landed flush head kicks it would do about 50% of their head health, and regenerate within 2 seconds of it landing.

This happens with punches as well. Unless you land a counter punch you're basically whacking them with a nerf football.

TL;DR non vulnerability state strikes do nothing

I understand that not every roundhouse kick to the head is a knockout, but it shouldn't blatantly be doing almost nothing as well. I get rocked by him throwing a hook while i jab, but I land a flush head kick while his hands are down and he literally taunts me after. it happens over and over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #2
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Re: Why do non-counter strikes do so little?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneetapsingleleg
I just had 3 fights in a row where people weren't even bothering to block their head while i was on the offensive.

They would check leg kicks and if i landed flush head kicks it would do about 50% of their head health, and regenerate within 2 seconds of it landing.

This happens with punches as well. Unless you land a counter punch you're basically whacking them with a nerf football.

I understand that not every roundhouse kick to the head is a knockout, but it shouldn't blatantly be doing almost nothing as well. I get rocked by him throwing a hook while i jab, but I land a flush head kick while his hands are down and he literally taunts me after. it happens over and over.
For me personally round house head kicks have been very effective. Check the replays and make sure they are not glancing blows off of the shoulder. Not saying your wrong, just I haven't personally found this to be the case
Old 05-05-2018, 09:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

i just hate that its better to literally stand still and press nothing and take 5 punches to the face than it is to move forward and take 1
Old 05-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:

If u aren’t countering or they aren’t moving foward it works just like ufc 2 u have to combo to finish...
Old 05-05-2018, 10:09 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
For me personally round house head kicks have been very effective. Check the replays and make sure they are not glancing blows off of the shoulder. Not saying your wrong, just I haven't personally found this to be the case
I'm telling you 100% that unless its a counter the head kicks aren't doing enough

Like im talking the guy was standing still blocking low. he wasn't doing anything. head kick to the face. he takes nothing.

I bet you could record it in training mode but im not near my ps4 at the moment so i can't really show it unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2018, 11:10 PM   #6
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
I'm telling you 100% that unless its a counter the head kicks aren't doing enough

Like im talking the guy was standing still blocking low. he wasn't doing anything. head kick to the face. he takes nothing.

I bet you could record it in training mode but im not near my ps4 at the moment so i can't really show it unfortunately.
I disagree actually after playing some more tonight. I did a match tonight Alexander volkov vs mark hunt. I was volkov. He dropped me in the first round 4 times. In the second i caught him with a an unprotected/non counter head kick in the second that initiated a finish the fight sequence. This is definitely not an issue. I think the OP was a little emotional off of a loss to be honest
Old 05-06-2018, 07:43 AM   #7
MVP

He's right to an extent ...

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2018, 08:55 AM   #8
Banned

He is right I think the idea is that the punch you can’t see hurts more. So counter strikes you can’t see because you are throwing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »