Home

Games turning into a stomach/stamina war.

This is a discussion on Games turning into a stomach/stamina war. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2018, 12:54 AM   #33
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Games turning into a stomach/stamina war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
It’s the rope a dope playing out. But even then holding block is tiring.

The block breakdown moving forward isn’t enough.

People just hold block all day.

There should be slowdown of people blocking, stamina drain holding block all day, bleed through, or something.

Rope a dope is one thing, but even Ali’s hands got tired from all the strikes.

I am really glad the head movement spam is gone pretty much, but the block remains more prominent in the meta. It’s become block > head movement > footwork, but still not footwork > block > head movement
I understood the reason they changed the head movement, but I was very upset because I actually used the pre-emptive lunging as a substitute for the footwork mechanics they had in UFC 2. You could flick LS in that game and do a little step, not a thing in this game. Closest I had to that was using a sway and it also helped to force these "I will let you finish a combo, then I throw, not the other way never the other way I don't start ****" guys to actually throw a punch first for once.

That's why I hate that they changed it, because even though alot of people were just swaying all over the place haphazardly, I was doing it deliberately to make up for a lost feature and to deal with people who refuse to engage. Now I have no way to do a little step either side like I did in UFC 2, and I also have no way to make these block guys open up. Favorite character being Wonderboy, I can't even fake alot of my attacks because of how his animations work. So I just end up at the mercy of those guys and either have to try and make it work, or just stand there doing nothing as well until one of us wins an extremely boring decision, forcing me to question what the hell I'm even doing with my life.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:36 AM   #34
Banned

You rarely see excessive body punches in MMA. I think a much higher vulnerbility while going to the body would be an easy fix and help big time. Just give counters (hooks, straights, elbows) to body punches more force and people would stop going to the body all the time. On the other hand body kicks from the right distance are way too weak. A flush body kick should cause much more damage imho. Currently there are not enough decisions online because people are forced to play aggressive and going to the body all the time to lower their opponents stamina. Those things are so obvious I wonder why we can't have it fixed much faster.

Last edited by 1stChrisso; 05-12-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #35
Rookie

It is what it is. The game is on life support already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2018, 10:09 AM   #36
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Im having so much fun playing against the "best" players and their use of the jab straight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »