Home

Grappling Stamina

This is a discussion on Grappling Stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Grappling Stamina

Can we please have the stamina for grappling changed to match the stamina for striking?

Shout out to Martial Mind for the idea.

Have temporary-long term stamina work the exact same as stand up. Right now there's a huge disconnect where you start grappling and the pace has to slow to a crawl because it only takes 1 or 2 denials before your short term stam is drained and you're screwed.

This way someone can transition more often and it should quicken the pace of grappling but if you over due it you run the risk of burning through your long term stamina.

The other request I would have for grappling stamina is to make it cost more stamina for the fighter in a submissive position. Maybe like 15-20% higher cost per transition/denial/ ect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2018, 04:11 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Grappling Stamina

Would be interesting if advancing or defending the sub gates cost stamina so it's more about management.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:13 PM   #3
Banned

Irl grappling is not like stand up. It’s marked by patience and explosive action. If you over do it you will get worn out and you will get caught. I think this is something that is handled very well in this game.

I wish there was more of a struggle exchange similar but faster than the sub system for some aspects of grappling. I also don’t think every position should have the same mechanic

Last edited by OPSPunk; 05-08-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:16 PM   #4
MVP

Hate to sound like a contrarian but I don't think changing how much stamina is depleted would change the game. Grapple advantage is still a significant part and if it also removed then we will just have people spamming transitions.

it's a hard battle

i agree with one meter though, let the grapple stamina/strike stamina stats affect how much you lose.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:20 PM   #5
Banned

Made the same thread a couple weeks ago this needs to be adjusted its nonsense only ground masters like Maia or GSP should get extra grapple stamina definitely not Conor McGregor for example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2018, 04:29 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
Irl grappling is not like stand up. It’s marked by patience and explosive action. If you over do it you will get worn out and you will get caught. I think this is something that is handled very well in this game.

I wish there was more of a struggle exchange similar but faster than the sub system for some aspects of grappling. I also don’t think every position should have the same mechanic
It all depends. Sometimes there are a lot of scrambles and the match is very fast paced and free flowing. Other times it’s slow paced and methodical.

Right now we only really have the option of the latter.

Another issue are the auto sweeps. I wish you had to use a different input to completely reverse position (like hold RB) and if you dont flick soon enough you waste stamina and the other person gets the transition. This would also make grapplig a bit more free flowing imo.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #7
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk

Many, many people agree though that UD3's ground game was much better. And they made short term stamina drain much, much less for each transition. This is one reason why the ground game was so much quicker and dynamic in UD3.

Just make it effect long term stamina more.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #8
Banned

People forget the major flaw of thq system. It was turned based. It had more positions but both guys could be going for a move. Which is very unrealistic. When EA first came up with there method it was a breath of fresh air. I think the answer is to increase the number of positions and to use different mechanics inclusive of struggle systems for different positions. Guard fighting is different from side control fighting. Guard she be most dynamic for bottom guy and probably least for top guy. That’s just an example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »