Home

1.05 Major and Minor SWAYS issues (DEAD ZONE) + How to fix it

This is a discussion on 1.05 Major and Minor SWAYS issues (DEAD ZONE) + How to fix it within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #17
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1.05 Major and Minor SWAYS issues (DEAD ZONE) + How to fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Strange.
Can you make a video where you offline in practice is standing still in calm conditions (unlike of moving/striking in ranked match online which are much worse difficult conditions) and please make at least 20 Minor sways in different directions , w/o failing into Major sway? = issue #1 You need to aim RS when clicking into window from 30'to 60', honestly i think tjhis window is even tighter nearly 15' (from 45' to 60')

Then please make a video with a SERIES of Minor Sways - by clicking (not possible to rotate RS) RS quickly in different directions w/o failing into Major sway. Make 20 at least. = issue #2 (no ability to make stable series of Minor sways).

I tried with Nick Diaz and I could not do this target once - EVEN ONCE, while in IDEAL conditions with NEW controller DS4 w/o any defects!

Thanks in advance.

I am sure that Swaying must to be 100% stable and reliable in performing exact type of Sway we want and when we want. W/o this stability - Sways becomes RISKY RANDOM NOT reliable (= not usable) def tool! > W/o Sways fights becomes boring all-as-one primitive strikes exchange.
Top players matches are a litmus paper (after sway spam fixes): i dont see that they are much using Sways and successful Sways are are rare.
I'm currently busy and I have another video in line, to be made. But when I get to it, I'll try to remember to at least test the inputs again and report them here.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:08 PM   #18
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I'm currently busy and I have another video in line, to be made. But when I get to it, I'll try to remember to at least test the inputs again and report them here.
It takes 10 min to test by 1-3 attempts. If those will be failed = current Minor/Major sways input is unreliable and need to be fixed.

GPD, the best way to end this thread will be for you to make this test and post your results here about how stable/reliable is current RS controls for entering Minor sways.
Is it OK for you?

P.S. About issue #3 - yes, sometimes Major sways are possible to buffer but it needs to make click with a bit longer (1 sec) holding at the end (hit edge), not just full click. While in neutral Major sways can be done by quick full click w/o holding.

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-12-2018 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:12 AM   #19
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
It takes 10 min to test by 1-3 attempts. If those will be failed = current Minor/Major sways input is unreliable and need to be fixed.

GPD, the best way to end this thread will be for you to make this test and post your results here about how stable/reliable is current RS controls for entering Minor sways.
Is it OK for you?

P.S. About issue #3 - yes, sometimes Major sways are possible to buffer but it needs to make click with a bit longer (1 sec) holding at the end (hit edge), not just full click. While in neutral Major sways can be done by quick full click w/o holding.
Is that an issue, though? It might actually be better like this, because when we buff a slip after a strike we're usually in more of a hurry with the input and could easily input a major sway by accident, because we go for a longer flick than we intended.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:34 AM   #20
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Is that an issue, though? It might actually be better like this, because when we buff a slip after a strike we're usually in more of a hurry with the input and could easily input a major sway by accident, because we go for a longer flick than we intended.
from other point of view _we are in hurry_ and we dont want to waste our time on _holding_ RS to perform Major instead of Minor.
Btw, no one hurry up will not make impossible to control our fingers that we could not to check partially tilt OR full tilt RS we re doing.
Proof example - any shooter on gamepad especially when sniping with micro aiming.
It is possibly can be a discussion - issue #3.

But issue #1 and #2 does not leave place for discussion i am sure! this is 100% breaking full and stable using of Minor swaying in the game.

I am really very disappointed by the lazy reaction on this thread about Minor sways input issues, by GPD's ignorance/indifference (imho it looks like this) about the input issues with his really cool innovation (minor sway).

I am asking you, him, everyone who is interesting - to try perform 20 Minor sways in a row in ideal conditions with current controls... this was impossible for me (several failed attempts ending in nothing or major sway).

EVEN R1 button activator (which was mentioned above) for Minor sways is BETTER than what we have now!
But with tighting Dead zone , so increasing Minor sway window from 30'-60' to 0/5'-60', will solve the problem better i m sure and more ergonomically!

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-13-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:00 PM   #21
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Solid_Altair, a week is gone. Have you tested Minor sways stability as i asked for? (it require max 10 min for test, 10 min to upload the video on youtube).....................................

I am asking you because:
as i am sure that Minor sway current input (Dead zone = 30', Minor sway window 30'-45/60'. require ONLY CLICK) is making Minor sways UNUSABLE stable on my wish.
This is serious input ISSUE.
It requires FIXING.

But you said:
Quote:
I'm not having trouble with the controls, either. But I haven't played much.
As i see GPD does not have time to test it by himself and trust your words that controls is fine.

So we must to reveal the truth about Minor sways.

It is IMPORTANT! While tha game is still patching and it is still NOT TOO LATE to save the game and make it as it was mentioned to be! B/c now the game is still far from its best.

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-18-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2018, 07:38 PM   #22
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Solid_Altair, a week is gone. Have you tested Minor sways stability as i asked for? (it require max 10 min for test, 10 min to upload the video on youtube).....................................

I am asking you because:
as i am sure that Minor sway current input (Dead zone = 30', Minor sway window 30'-45/60'. require ONLY CLICK) is making Minor sways UNUSABLE stable on my wish.
This is serious input ISSUE.
It requires FIXING.

But you said:

As i see GPD does not have time to test it by himself and trust your words that controls is fine.

So we must to reveal the truth about Minor sways.

It is IMPORTANT! While tha game is still patching and it is still NOT TOO LATE to save the game and make it as it was mentioned to be! B/c now the game is still far from its best.
I tested it some more and it was fine.

The only issue that sometimes happens, usually with the duck, is a difficulty in buffing a major slip - a minor comes out instead. But this oculd be just about getting used to it. I read someone else commenting this, so maybe it's a thing.

Another thing to consider that if you buff a minor slip and your press the punch input very quickly, it will override the slip. If you do 1-minor side slip-2, you end up throwing a 1-2. You can still sort of time it to get it right, but maybe something could be done to facilitate the inputs.

However, buffing minor slips themselves, seems like the easiest thing.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:37 AM   #23
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
I tested it some more and it was fine.

The only issue that sometimes happens, usually with the duck, is a difficulty in buffing a major slip - a minor comes out instead. But this oculd be just about getting used to it. I read someone else commenting this, so maybe it's a thing.

Another thing to consider that if you buff a minor slip and your press the punch input very quickly, it will override the slip. If you do 1-minor side slip-2, you end up throwing a 1-2. You can still sort of time it to get it right, but maybe something could be done to facilitate the inputs.

However, buffing minor slips themselves, seems like the easiest thing.
Then why so difficult to spend 10 min and make a video PROOF that Minor sways input “is fine”??

issue #1 - main issue - impossible to make stable 20 Minor sways changing their directions. Have you done this? (video proof is appreciated)
Quote:
Then please make a video with a SERIES of Minor Sways - by clicking (not possible to rotate RS) RS quickly in different directions w/o failing into Major sway. Make 20 at least. = issue #2 (no ability to make stable series of Minor sways).

I tried with Nick Diaz and I could not do this target once - EVEN ONCE, while in IDEAL conditions with NEW controller DS4 w/o any defects!

Thanks in advance.
issue #2 - can you make a stable SERIES of Minor sways?

issue #3 - there ARE problems with buffering Minor sways.

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-19-2018 at 05:07 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:46 AM   #24
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Then why so difficult to spend 10 min and make a video PROOF that Minor sways input “is fine”??

issue #1 - main issue - impossible to make stable 20 Minor sways changing their directions. Have you done this? (video proof is appreciated)

issue #2 - can you make a stable SERIES of Minor sways?

issue #3 - there ARE problems with buffering Minor sways.
Yeah. Just doing minor sways is fine. I did a bunch of them to test.

The tricky stuff is buffing very fast slip counters, off of apunch of your own. You have to be more careful with the timing. And bufifng major ducks feels a bit tricky, too.

This will hardly be considered a problem if only one player things the input is bad. If there were a crowd saying the input sucks, then yeah, I'd worry more about making a video of consecutive minor slips. They're easy.

Note that I'm not saying everything is perfect. Your questioning is still valuable, as perhaps there is room for improvement in comboing the inputs of punch - slip - punch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »