Home

Ranking Points System Idea.

This is a discussion on Ranking Points System Idea. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2018, 04:11 AM   #1
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Ranking Points System Idea.

Hey guys, I'd like to propose an idea I would hope you all would enjoy, and it has to do with the point system in ranked.

Unlike UFC 2, which told you what you got from winning a certain way (2 pts for a decision, 5 pts for a KO, etc etc) the point System in UFC 3 seems to be all over the place. One moment you're getting 13 points for a win, the next you're getting into some hard fought wars and only getting 2-3 points, especially if you're in the top 15.

I'm sure it's a turn off for many when you rack up an impressive win streak, taking out a good amount of people and gaining a mediocre amount of points, but just only for one loss you'd lose 15-20 points, or if you're as unfortunate as me and you get randomly disconnected from the server, you'll lose 30 points.

Therefore, I'd like for the point system, similar to UFC 2, to reward you based on how you win:

For example, if you win a clear cut decision, say if it's somebody who's lower than you in the rankings, the minimum you'd get is 5, where as if it's somebody ahead of you in the rankings it can range from 7-10. If you acquire a 10-8 round, there can be an added 2 points for the decision victory.

I.E. Decision victory 30-27, 29-28 - 5-10 points
Decision victory 30-26 - 7-12 points
Title Fight 50-45 - 10-12 points.
Title Fight 50-44 12-14 points.
Title Fights 49-46, 48-47 - 10 points.

And so forth. Now in terms of Knockouts and Submission Victories, you can get a solid amount of points starting from 8-12 off the gate for regular 3 round fights, and 12-15 for Title Fights. (Obviously depending on the ranking based on how it is right now currently) . If you were winning on the score cards prior to the knockout/submission, you get an extra point, and an extra 2 points if you had a 10-8 round before hand, along with an extra 3 points if you were LOSING the fight prior to the knockout/submission victory.

It's something I've had in mind for a while, and after reaching the top 10 and discussing with some other players in there, it would be a nice change and brings a little more consistency with how the points are distributed.

I would love for any positive feedback, any suggestions you'd like to add on or change, any other ideas and what not, feel free to let your thoughts flow on the subject.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2018, 08:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Ranking Points System Idea.

would be nice if they added allot more extra points for selecting all classes as its unfair that someone who just uses one/a couple of weightclasses to get anywhere near the same points as someone who has them all selected(could be seen as the person who selects all weightclasses will fight anywhere/anytime whereas the person who just selects one is picking their fights) as it takes more skill to consistently win with different weightclasses than just one or a couple.

Had an idea that the leaderboards could be more about impessing the ufc than being a division and thus the more finishes/exciting fights u get the higher u are, kinda ties into your idea

edit: i would assume this would allow the lower ranked players who use all wieghtclasses to move up the ranks quicker as i would assume the top players will still just use there favourites as all they care about is winning and not loosing points

Last edited by Sivo; 05-15-2018 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:17 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivo

Had an idea that the leaderboards could be more about impessing the ufc than being a division and thus the more finishes/exciting fights u get the higher u are.
terrible idea. so if I beat the top guys, but its by way of decision they might still be ranked higher than me because they get more Knock outs?

its called ranked for a reason... your win loss ratio is what matters not how you win.

God help this community

jigsaw
former top 1 player
Old 05-15-2018, 10:09 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw736
terrible idea. so if I beat the top guys, but its by way of decision they might still be ranked higher than me because they get more Knock outs?

its called ranked for a reason... your win loss ratio is what matters not how you win.
well win/loss doesnt matter as much now as who u win against and lose against. If u loose against top players it dosnt hurt as much as loosing against lower players, so it isnt currently purely win/loss.

My view was that if someone fights on the back foot all the time and only wins by outpointing there opponents if it was in the ufc that person wouldnt get the push that a knockout artist would. For realism and balance if you fight boring the ufc wont push u for a title shot(look how long it took maia to get a title shot) and there have been plenty of guys cut or not signed by the ufc because they are boring fighters even when on wining streaks, currently there isnt any mechanic in the game to prevent ppl from fighting boring fights other than that its difficult to do so, so my thought was a mechanic like this would encourage ppl to fight rather than just outpointing their opponent but this might only be worthwhile implementing if outside fighting become more common

Having the division system represent the actual ufc ranking abit more would add to the immersion/realism side. Altho not too much as the rankings are a mess anyway

Last edited by Sivo; 05-15-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #5
Rookie

your logic is flawed I'm sorry.

UFC's ranking is based on the wins and losses. "exciting" fighters might get more of a promotional push, but that's about as far as that will go. Have you heard of John Fitch? If I have a record of 30-0 even if they are all decisions , i gaurentee id be ranked high.

in this game, you do get more points by beating people ranked higher then you .. yes that is correct. But, if I play 10 fights drop 8 of them to lower ranked people and beat two high ranked people. my previous 8 L's will likely negate the two wins

thus proving my point the win/loss ratio will always eventually come into play. The only time it doesn't, is when say a div 5 player makes a new account, his first 20 -30 fights will be div 1-4 thus inflating his record. But once he gets into his proper division, padding stops and the ratio will come back into place.

please rethink what you are saying

Last edited by jigsaw736; 05-15-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
well win/loss doesnt matter as much now as who u win against and lose against. If u loose against top players it dosnt hurt as much as loosing against lower players, so it isnt currently purely win/loss.

My view was that if someone fights on the back foot all the time and only wins by outpointing there opponents if it was in the ufc that person wouldnt get the push that a knockout artist would. For realism and balance if you fight boring the ufc wont push u for a title shot(look how long it took maia to get a title shot) and there have been plenty of guys cut or not signed by the ufc because they are boring fighters even when on wining streaks, currently there isnt any mechanic in the game to prevent ppl from fighting boring fights other than that its difficult to do so, so my thought was a mechanic like this would encourage ppl to fight rather than just outpointing their opponent but this might only be worthwhile implementing if outside fighting become more common

Having the division system represent the actual ufc ranking abit more would add to the immersion/realism side. Altho not too much as the rankings are a mess anyway
Bro he doesnt know **** about MMA. He thinks he is a big number in a broken MMA game where everyone who is able to learn combos can be successful in the game.

You are right exciting fighters and finishers will be higher ranked and pushed by the ufc in real life over decision artists... unless they are champions already.

Darren Till climbed the ranking in a couple months with only 3-4 fights I think. Why because he is a finisher and he is exciting.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw736
your logic is flawed I'm sorry.

UFC's ranking is based on the wins and losses. "exciting" fighters might get more of a promotional push, but that's about as far as that will go. Have you heard of John Fitch? If I have a record of 30-0 even they are all decisions , i gaurentee id be ranked high.
what happened to john fitch???? you proved my point, he lost to hendricks while hendricks was still good and he lost to maia hardly poor opponents but the ufc dropped him because he wasnt exciting and would just get decisions from boring fights.

This is a UFC game not bellator and the ufc has higher standards for their fights than all the other organisations

edit: if it was ea mma or something without ufc attached u could argue that boring fights wouldnt affect rankings but they defintley do in the ufc

Last edited by Sivo; 05-15-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:30 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
what happened to john fitch???? you proved my point, he lost to hendricks while hendricks was still good and he lost to maia hardly poor opponents but the ufc dropped him because he wasnt exciting and would just get decisions from boring fights
lol no I didn't prove your flawed point. they cut him because not only was he not "exciting" but he lost. THE WIN LOSS RATIO

If he beat hendricks and mia in the most boring way possible.. First they wouldn't cut him and 2nd He would be ranked higher than them.

your confusing marketing, and promotion with rankings. The ufc can do very little on rankings, its a gamble when they promote fighters .. they can protect them for a while but eventually it will be out of their hands.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »