Home

Head movement when gassed AND rocked

This is a discussion on Head movement when gassed AND rocked within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2018, 07:19 PM   #25
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Head movement when gassed AND rocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptang
NOPE. So far I've only seen this at higher levels. This is an exploit and needs to be patched immediately. I just fought a top 20 guy I've beaten the last several times in a row, except now he's got a new trick. I rocked him 5 or 6 times and landed maybe 3 punches total after rocking him. He just erratically moves the right stick and avoids 90%+ of strikes. After He did it once, I was careful what threw, yet nothing landed and I had HALF stamina at LW by the end of round 1.

Body hooks - NOPE. Did not land a single one.
Overhand - NOPE. Did not land a single one.
Spinning head kick - NOPE. Did not land a single one.
Uppercuts - NOPE. landed ~10%
Hooks - Nope. Landed ~20%

I know how to manage my stamina. I was carefully selecting these shots, landed very little, and literally had half stamina after the first round. Worst stamina I've ever had and I was dominating the fight!

If this is absolutely punishable, please enlighten me. (top guys wouldn't be using this if its easily punishable). It also makes zero damn sense to be rocked yet able to matrix dodge like Neo.
There is a glitch where sometimes when a guy leans into the punch/kick when its coming towards him that it won't do any damage.

That is only for body strikes tho.

Otherwise just attack his body with more than 1 shot and it will work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2018, 11:10 PM   #26
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptang
NOPE. So far I've only seen this at higher levels. This is an exploit and needs to be patched immediately. I just fought a top 20 guy I've beaten the last several times in a row, except now he's got a new trick. I rocked him 5 or 6 times and landed maybe 3 punches total after rocking him. He just erratically moves the right stick and avoids 90%+ of strikes. After He did it once, I was careful what threw, yet nothing landed and I had HALF stamina at LW by the end of round 1.

Body hooks - NOPE. Did not land a single one.
Overhand - NOPE. Did not land a single one.
Spinning head kick - NOPE. Did not land a single one.
Uppercuts - NOPE. landed ~10%
Hooks - Nope. Landed ~20%

I know how to manage my stamina. I was carefully selecting these shots, landed very little, and literally had half stamina after the first round. Worst stamina I've ever had and I was dominating the fight!

If this is absolutely punishable, please enlighten me. (top guys wouldn't be using this if its easily punishable). It also makes zero damn sense to be rocked yet able to matrix dodge like Neo.
I’m glad someone knows what I’m talking about! I’m gonna keep rematching this guy. My record against him was 14-8 until he found this trick. Now we’re tied 14-14
Old 05-17-2018, 01:09 AM   #27
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
I've got a buddy I play with who frantically sways in circles when he gets rocked and he can dodge EVERY SINGLE STRIKE. I've tried jab head kick ,jab jab straight hook, jab overhand , Jab roundhouse body kick, straight lead roundhouse body kick. NOTHING lands. Even body strikes miss somehow. I've had a few players on ranked do this but I didn't notice and he can do it literally everytime he gets rocked. I can not TKO him at all . I have to get a clean knock out or try to win on points.

Aim for the liver.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:00 AM   #28
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
There is a glitch where sometimes when a guy leans into the punch/kick when its coming towards him that it won't do any damage.

That is only for body strikes tho.

Otherwise just attack his body with more than 1 shot and it will work.
Just to confirm... You're not talking about the damage mitigation and hit-stun neutralization of leaning into a body strike, right?

If you are, this is an intended mechanic, not a bug.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:55 AM   #29
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Just to confirm... You're not talking about the damage mitigation and hit-stun neutralization of leaning into a body strike, right?

If you are, this is an intended mechanic, not a bug.
If i major sway left, while someone also used a right body kick, it will sometimes do nothing,seems to have with nearly every strike.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:20 AM   #30
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
If i major sway left, while someone also used a right body kick, it will sometimes do nothing,seems to have with nearly every strike.
That's a feature. It doesn't cause a hit stun and deals decreased damage. It works with ducking, too.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:53 AM   #31
Rookie

This is an exploit, plain and simple. Even if someone finds a great way to counter this with body damage, that's not an acceptable result. The ability to completely gas your opponent while you are rocked, thus turning a rock into a massive advantage, should not exist. Turning this situation into even a slight advantage should require extreme skill if at all possible. The risk/reward is extremely skewed in favor of the hurt fighter.

1 - You hurt someone's head, you should not be punished by being forced to body hunt. (assuming someone finds a reliable body dmg strategy)

2 - You should not be able to matrix dodge while rocked and gassed. Head movement needs to be extremely limited when in serious danger. Shoot the takedown, reach for clinch, backup and block, or start swinging. These options all come with risk which can be reduced with skill.

3 - Maybe stamina loss should be reduced when you have your opponent hurt? A guy dodges 2-3 strikes per rock each of 5 times in round 1 and the fight is over. You have half stamina. This is a real problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »