Home

Rank Decay

This is a discussion on Rank Decay within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2018, 02:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rank Decay

I feel like we should lose ranking points if we don't play enough games in a certain amount of time. The reason I say this, is because I think it is way too easy for good players to play ranked on an alt and never play it again once they rank in the top 100 ( or higher ). In addition, I don't think we should be able to get to a really high rank ( for instance 1850 ) and not play again for 2 weeks and still be #2 in the world. It would be more risky to actually play and risk losing as opposed to just maintaining your rank ( losing 20 points vs gaining 2 points for a win ).

There are many issues with the way ranking points work currently and I'm not saying I have the answers to those issues, but this is just a suggestion that might make people stop sitting on ranked leaderboard top 100 spots with an alt ( or sometimes 2, or 3 )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2018, 02:30 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Re: Rank Decay

Maybe it would also be good to make the win/loss points vary a little less. As you said, it can get to a very extreme ratio,
Old 05-19-2018, 10:29 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Maybe it would also be good to make the win/loss points vary a little less. As you said, it can get to a very extreme ratio,
Ufc 2 had a great ranked system. Elo is crap
Old 05-19-2018, 10:41 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
can we get ranked fixes soon I'm tired of this
Old 05-19-2018, 11:03 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Ufc 2 had a great ranked system. Elo is crap
Ufc 2 was based on time played with a little skill. Elo is a far better system. They just need to make it more open match making like ufc 2 was. Nobody wants to face someone with in 100 ranks of them all the time. That gets grueling and tedious. It should be opened up 200 points in either direction. So if you’re 1400 points you could play anyone between 1200-1600
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2018, 03:31 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
I feel like we should lose ranking points if we don't play enough games in a certain amount of time. The reason I say this, is because I think it is way too easy for good players to play ranked on an alt and never play it again once they rank in the top 100 ( or higher ). In addition, I don't think we should be able to get to a really high rank ( for instance 1850 ) and not play again for 2 weeks and still be #2 in the world. It would be more risky to actually play and risk losing as opposed to just maintaining your rank ( losing 20 points vs gaining 2 points for a win ).

There are many issues with the way ranking points work currently and I'm not saying I have the answers to those issues, but this is just a suggestion that might make people stop sitting on ranked leaderboard top 100 spots with an alt ( or sometimes 2, or 3 )
That’s exactly the reason ppl use alt accounts bro 20 point a loss 2 point a win . After that gets fixed ppl gonna stop using them . Literally u can sit down one time and lose a quick 100 points if ur high ranked and it’s sooooooo frustrating . The way to make a higher rating is try to lose only in title fights so I can make the points back in the non title fights. But if u lose in a non title fight by a lucky ko to a bad opponent u down 30 point.

Last edited by Muurkrr; 05-20-2018 at 03:36 AM.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:18 PM   #7
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60

Check the thread I posted on with my suggestion on how the point system should be, you may like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »