Home

no lecs this year?

This is a discussion on no lecs this year? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 01:55 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
no lecs this year?

just wondering why? wanted to see kenetic get the win on stage
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: no lecs this year?

They havent scheduled a big LEC like with UFC2 but I think they had a smaller one a few weeks ago.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:54 PM   #3
Banned

Speaking of LEC, I’ll actually drop a little knowledge in here. I’ll change names so as not to break any rules.

I’m not going to share my opinions (frankly I don’t have any)... I’m just going to keep it simple and list the facts. People can interpret it however they’d like:

The best player mentioned in the OP, let’s call him Ken.

Fact #1: Ken was one of 4 contestants who qualified to compete at the EA UFC 2 LEC finale in Las Vegas (winner gets $10k).
Fact #2: One of the 4 players who attended the LEC finals in Vegas DID NOT legally qualify at all; Ken played for them on their account.
Fact #3: Because Ken was far better than anyone else on UFC 2, he was indeed capable of qualifying for the same tournament multiple times.
Fact #4: Ken used this to his advantage. After qualifying himself, he qualied one of his friends by playing for them on their account. In doing so, he got to bring a buddy to Vegas, whilst simultaneously eliminating one of the 4 open spots from a more deserving player.
Fact #5: The player that Ken played for and illegally qualified was actually a gamechanger at the time, but I won’t name names.
Fact #6: Playing on someone else’s account to qualify them for the Vegas tournament would not only be a dishonest, selfish act. It would be against the rules. (Keep in mind, the tournament was for $10k)
Fact #7: Someone who has used dishonesty to serve their own interests is likely to do so again.

Fact #8. Ken joined his buddy (the guy he qualified for the Vegas Tourney) on the gamechangers team for the production of UFC 3.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:58 PM   #4
EA Sports UFC Developer

Some interesting 'facts' you've got there. Any source for them?

Edit: I'm not discounting whatever facts it is you think you have, and maybe they are indeed true. However, I'd like to add some things from the inside:

Fact: 'Ken' is undeniably one of the best players this game has seen, and he has incredible insight into the game, its balance, and how changes will/do effect it. For this reason, he was chosen as a game changer.

Fact: The only game changer who was in the LEC tournament is also an incredibly skilled player, and without a doubt has the ability to contend for a spot in such a competition.

Attacking people, GC's or not, is not something that is going to do any good to anyone, and is almost certainly against some kind of rule here. If you think there is a legitimate problem here, and that you have actual proof of these things, then contact us directly and provide such evidence. Don't state it as fact in a public forum, especially if you can't back it up somehow. Actually, just don't do that.

Last edited by Skynet; 05-23-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:33 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

What is your problem Relaxed? We use to be homies too.

People always underestimated Zhunter on UFC2. ****, maybe we should go hop on UFC2 and I could post our old Rivalry record. Fact of the matter is - Zack was a freaking beast.

Another thing - devs go through a week long process after LEC completion to determine if anyone was in anyway cheating. They can easily see if anyone is playing for someone.,

I don’t really understand the post other than to just troll me like old times. At least be funny with it, this kinda **** is beneath you man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2018, 07:43 PM   #6
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelhimself
Speaking of LEC, I’ll actually drop a little knowledge in here. I’ll change names so as not to break any rules.

I’m not going to share my opinions (frankly I don’t have any)... I’m just going to keep it simple and list the facts. People can interpret it however they’d like:

The best player mentioned in the OP, let’s call him Ken.

Fact #1: Ken was one of 4 contestants who qualified to compete at the EA UFC 2 LEC finale in Las Vegas (winner gets $10k).
Fact #2: One of the 4 players who attended the LEC finals in Vegas DID NOT legally qualify at all; Ken played for them on their account.
Fact #3: Because Ken was far better than anyone else on UFC 2, he was indeed capable of qualifying for the same tournament multiple times.
Fact #4: Ken used this to his advantage. After qualifying himself, he qualied one of his friends by playing for them on their account. In doing so, he got to bring a buddy to Vegas, whilst simultaneously eliminating one of the 4 open spots from a more deserving player.
Fact #5: The player that Ken played for and illegally qualified was actually a gamechanger at the time, but I won’t name names.
Fact #6: Playing on someone else’s account to qualify them for the Vegas tournament would not only be a dishonest, selfish act. It would be against the rules. (Keep in mind, the tournament was for $10k)
Fact #7: Someone who has used dishonesty to serve their own interests is likely to do so again.

Fact #8. Ken joined his buddy (the guy he qualified for the Vegas Tourney) on the gamechangers team for the production of UFC 3.
Facts can be proven. So none of these are "facts"

Lets cut the ****, I beat your *** in ranked for the first 6 months of UFC2 and the only win you got on me in that time was when my controller batterys died. You are notorious for catching on slowly and you've admitted it yourself. There were very few good players at that time.
Kenetic, Dmart, Afro, myself, BrandNewMac, and Raxcks(Who improved quite a bit during the LECs)

I mean, your the same guy who blocked all of the above in ranked in the beginning of the game to try in order to secure a higher win rate.

Devs investigate the winning profiles in LECs. Period.

The most annoying thing about this entire post is you discrediting the amount of work I put in to secure my spot because you feel like spreading a rumor. I spent days and days sleep deprived securing my spot.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #7
Banned

Does it really matter at this point? Fro took the title anyway. Back on thread... will there be any LEC for money this time around?
Old 05-23-2018, 08:37 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Fact: The only game changer who was in the LEC tournament is also an incredibly skilled player, and without a doubt has the ability to contend for a spot in such a competition.
Oh undeniably. Very good player, one of the top guys. Consistently had around a 8:1 ratio on UFC 2 if I remember correctly. I don’t remember exactly what his W/L ratio was; I know it was good, somewhere between 7:1 and 10:1.

Being said, I know it wasn’t 185-1 good, as his LEC record mysteriously shot to, immediately after creating a new account. Having been an extremely active player in the competitive UFC 2 scene, I can assure you that the only person on Xbox with the ability to accrue a record like that at the time was Kenetic (MexikkoDro came along a few months later).

Additionally, Z’s style on UFC 2 was entirely grappling based. His standup was good but he was a grappler, that was his style and that’s how he played UFC 2. His ducking single leg was very good, good fundamentals. Played him several times.

Just put it all together man. His record goes from 8:1 in ranked to 185:1 in LEC (where the players were more competitive) on the drop of a dime, all his stats drastically change overnight to perfectly mirror kenetic’s finishing rate and avg fight time, and he’s using a new account (probably didn’t want to share pw for the main). Just look at the fight he had in the LEC vs Afro. Does that look like someone who’s 185-1 with an 85% KO rate? He’s clearly a grappler and that fight shows it.

If you can look up IPs, perhaps thats the only way to get the “concrete” evidence you’re looking for (not sure if that would even work). If there was anyway to see if Z’s 185-1 acct was ever online at the same time as Kenetic NRG, that would be helpful as well (probably impossible).

But in my opinion, it’s clear as day. If you’re not part of the competitive scene, perhaps this sounds like another language to you. But I’ve been pretty involved in the competitive scene, especially at that time, and I stand by everything I’m saying.

Yes, I know Kenetic’s very skilled and knowledgeable. I actually learn a lot just watching his YouTube videos and I used to chat with him a lot. Cool guy. So I’m not out to get him at all. This isn’t “attacking” as you put it. Just want to share what I know, so perhaps it can be avoided/watched in future LECs.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »