Home

The New Cheese.

This is a discussion on The New Cheese. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2018, 02:36 AM   #17
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The New Cheese.

Would you be willing to post the video?

I read in another thread that leaning was intended to reduce damage taken from body strikes.

Is it possible that they were just really good at head movement? It’d be interesting to hear more about Rommel’s lab session. It’s not really clear to me exactly why you guys are convinced that this is a glitch, but I think I’m just not interpreting it correctly.

I know how skilled you are at the game Romero, so if you say it’s a glitch I’m inclined to believe you.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:39 AM   #18
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
there actually is an intended mechanic, making consecutive slips more efficient than intended.
Lol what??
Old 05-27-2018, 03:06 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Honestly, same. Seems to pop out a lot when I want to do a 1-2, lead body hook. It drives me nuts.
It's cool when you are doing it ...but it sucks on the receiving end . You can do nothing but block it seems .

I know enough has been said on forward moving animations and the reality of striking of your lead foot . But it's really annoying . Especially after it's done after a blocked 1-2 . At best you slip one hook but the second will track you .

I know it's non related to the topic . My apologies but it's just insane how a fighter can literally take no breaks in stride and just glide across the octagon as you back out of the exchange .

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-27-2018, 05:36 AM   #20
MVP

I said there was a standing perfect swoop an hour after the patch dropped. I guess people thought I was joking.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-27-2018, 06:35 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
I said there was a standing perfect swoop an hour after the patch dropped. I guess people thought I was joking.

There’s a glitch in it but people are doing the right move... they are doing headmovement just like fight night, the complete movement...
I know there’s a glitch but the chainned sways itself are a good weapon against pressure combo spammers...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 10:20 AM   #22
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
When I look back, I think I know why. After I missed the first strike I would cancel the second. Can you test if there's an extra drain despite feinting the second strikes? (And on the topic of feinting, when will feints not be considered a missed strike? Personally being that those are cancelled strikes, I don't think they should be counted in the strike total. It was the same thing in UFC 2)
That sounds like a promising hypothesis. I'll try to test it.

As to feints counting as strikes, I think everybody agrees. It's just a matter of devs having time to fix it. I'd like to see them draining less stamina, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97

I don't know if there is a "perfect swoop". I tested one specific scenario that still had a few counters to it (that could track the head).

But in a general seense, there are shenanigans in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
There’s a glitch in it but people are doing the right move... they are doing headmovement just like fight night, the complete movement...
I know there’s a glitch but the chainned sways itself are a good weapon against pressure combo spammers...
Even if the glitchy stuff is fixed, I think chaining slips will remain a good tool against pressure.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:03 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
Until they step back and kick you in the head ....

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-27-2018, 12:13 PM   #24
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
Would you be willing to post the video?

I read in another thread that leaning was intended to reduce damage taken from body strikes.

Is it possible that they were just really good at head movement? It’d be interesting to hear more about Rommel’s lab session. It’s not really clear to me exactly why you guys are convinced that this is a glitch, but I think I’m just not interpreting it correctly.

I know how skilled you are at the game Romero, so if you say it’s a glitch I’m inclined to believe you.
I can send it to you via email. I don't really know how to work the forums and I don't want to expose the player (despite my disdain for him using the technique). Send me a message on PSN with your email and I got you. You'll notice what I'm talking about a minute or two into the video, and further in when I'm targeting the body.

If it was simply chaining slips, that's no problem. What you'll see, is much different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »