Home

The New Cheese.

This is a discussion on The New Cheese. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2018, 04:36 AM   #1
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
The New Cheese.

I've been running into this kind of playstyle a lot, so have other players like Swiss-Libax, Preunited, PxHxAxRxR, Uni-Bot04 etc, and this is probably one of the most annoyingly interesting new styles that have shown up since the new patch/season dropped.

Fought two dudes. One was a Mirror Woodley match, I started recording immediately when I saw he was doing this corny stamina draining circle movement bs, then planting his feet and throwing the jab uppercut hook. I would throw just one strike, but by him moving in a circle my shots would drain even more stamina, pretty much forcing me to play that similar style ((and doing a terrible job at that). I ended up losing in the 5th round, being nearly equally gassed as him despite throwing less strikes, and not getting a single head rock aside from a liver rock, despite catching him plenty while he was blocking either his body or even swaying.

More or less the same story with the second dude, except I was better equipped to handle it this time with some feints, mocked him by doing it back, and eventually knocked him out in the third while he was leaning.

I'm not a fan of how double swaying one strike apparently makes it drain more stamina, and on top of that, when you try to target the body, it's either shielded because they're leaning in that direction by the time you try to strike back, and once the opponent sees you're trying to hit their body as they move their head in a circle, they'll blast an uppercut hook and it's a guaranteed auto rock every time.

I'm sure other players have come across this playstyle as well. I'd propose that leg strikes do extra damage if somebody is just bobbing their head for nothing. Or not being able to check them while moving like that. Something to deal with this.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 05-26-2018 at 07:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2018, 02:07 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Re: The New Cheese.

ZombieRommel labbed it and discovered that there's a bug... an "option select" (As they call it) when you twirl the stick in a certain angle and this allows players to avoid all damage plus drain stamina.

I believe this is getting addressed.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #3
Banned

is it cheese or is it just another viable strategy that can be countered. Cheese to me is a combo of not being realistic or a play style that is close to unbeatable.. have not seen that yet in this game.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:28 PM   #4
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
is it cheese or is it just another viable strategy that can be countered. Cheese to me is a combo of not being realistic or a play style that is close to unbeatable.. have not seen that yet in this game.
Look at Martial's response. And if you haven't yet, be glad, it's definitely troublesome. Usually when people are doing head movement it should leave their body vulnerable, this little bug lets you be basically invulnerable to body damage while swaying and double draining your stamina.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 05-26-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:29 PM   #5
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
ZombieRommel labbed it and discovered that there's a bug... an "option select" (As they call it) when you twirl the stick in a certain angle and this allows players to avoid all damage plus drain stamina.

Awesome man, thank you for the heads up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2018, 02:54 PM   #6
MVP

Non related but the lunging double hook animation is really starting to annoy me .

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-26-2018, 04:21 PM   #7
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
Non related but the lunging double hook animation is really starting to annoy me .

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Honestly, same. Seems to pop out a lot when I want to do a 1-2, lead body hook. It drives me nuts.
Old 05-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
I've been running into this kind of playstyle a lot, so have other players like Swiss-Libax, Preunited, PxHxAxRxR, Uni-Bot04 etc, and this is probably one of the most annoyingly interesting new styles that have shown up since the new patch/season dropped.

Fought two dudes. One was a Mirror Woodley match, I started recording immediately when I saw he was doing this corny stamina draining circle movement bs, then planting his feet and throwing the jab uppercut hook. I would throw just one strike, but by him moving in a circle my shots would drain even more stamina, pretty much forcing me to play that similar style ((and doing a terrible job at that). I ended up losing in the 5th round, being nearly equally gassed as him despite throwing less strikes, and not getting a single head rock aside from a liver rock, despite catching him plenty while he was blocking either his body or even swaying.

More or less the same story with the second dude, except I was better equipped to handle it this time with some feints, mocked him by doing it back, and eventually knocked him out in the third while he was leaning.

I'm not a fan of how double swaying one strike apparently makes it drain more stamina, and on top of that, when you try to target the body, it's either shielded because they're leaning in that direction by the time you try to strike back, and once the opponent sees you're trying to hit their body as they move their head in a circle, they'll blast an uppercut hook and it's a guaranteed auto rock every time.

I'm sure other players have come across this playstyle as well. I'd propose that leg strikes do extra damage if somebody is just bobbing their head for nothing. Or not being able to check them while moving like that. Something to deal with this.
God this style sounds like a headache. Glad its going to get addressed tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »