Home

should ufc 4 use euphoria engine?

This is a discussion on should ufc 4 use euphoria engine? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: should ufc 4 use euphoria?
yes 8 57.14%
no 4 28.57%
other 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
should ufc 4 use euphoria engine?

thoughts criticisms welcomed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2018, 07:12 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Re: should ufc 4 use euphoria engine?

I'm a big fan of Euphoria, but I don't think the EA tech is lacking in any way that Euphoria would cover. I think my beefs with the animations are mostly a matter of composition, not tech.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:15 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I'm a big fan of Euphoria, but I don't think the EA tech is lacking in any way that Euphoria would cover. I think my beefs with the animations are mostly a matter of composition, not tech.
the actual physics are far better imo
Old 05-26-2018, 07:25 PM   #4
Pro

I'd be the first one to support this (I have loved the Euphoria engine since GTA 4) if I thought it was possible. Thing is, the game would have to be designed in a completely different way, and likely completely from scratch. So I honestly doubt this is a possibility. I imagine designing a game with Euphoria in mind is completely different from anything else (unless you are just using it for KOs or Knockdowns, like GTA.)

For those of you who do not know, the Euphoria engine literally creates physics based animations in real time, with AI behaviors attached to them. So essentially the game creates animations based on the scenario while you are playing, rather than having pre-made animations. At least for aspects of the game you use Euphoria for. It would introduce literally endless possibilities if used to its full potential.

For example, in GTA 4 it was used for deaths and any time a character fell down. So what would happen if a character got shot in GTA 4? Euphoria would kick in and the character model would react to the bullet, falling according to the impact spot, but on top of that the character would have a "self-preservation" behavior attached to it. So basically the character would reach for things nearby to grab onto and try to keep balance, or avoid. All of these animations created in real time dynamically react to the situation at hand.

Think of this in a MMA game. Scrambles and dynamic ground positions. Unique physics driven takedowns everytime. Knockdowns and rocked states that have the fighter actively trying to keep balance. Finish the fight scenarios that are completely physics driven. Strikes that look different based on the scenario. It would be beyond glorious.

Thing is no one has ever used the Euphoria engine to that extent in their games, it would be extremely hard I imagine. But even for knockouts and finish the fight I think it would be amazing. Pretty sure its a super expensive engine to get though.

Last edited by Reinfarcements; 05-26-2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:33 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

I highly doubt devs would do this. The Ignite engine is being used across all of EA's sports titles and the technology innovations each team makes for a given game can be (and have been) shared to the other franchises. The engine itself seems capable of reproducing an authentic MMA experience, but it's a matter of time and resources to get everything to the point we'd like to see it (IMO).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2018, 07:38 PM   #6
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

EA’s sports titles are supposed to all switch to Frostbite at some point.
That probably doesn’t apply to smaller franchises like this though.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
the knockouts are certainly a tech issue
Old 05-28-2018, 10:42 AM   #8
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
the knockouts are certainly a tech issue
In a way. But is teh challenge a mere physics challenge that Euphoria would help to solve?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »