Home

Half mount postured up - opponent ( bottom HG ) transitions to back side

This is a discussion on Half mount postured up - opponent ( bottom HG ) transitions to back side within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2018, 07:04 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Half mount postured up - opponent ( bottom HG ) transitions to back side

I often wonder when the above captioned scenario happens ...there appears an option for the fighter in postured up to transition to side control . Which seems to never work .

However there's a brief struggle before the fighter on the bottom sweeps to the player mounted up to back side ...

I've blocked the transition before but I rarely seem to get it . Can anyone tell me what to do perhaps other than trying to deny the fighter on the bottom .

My apologies if I got the terms wrong .

Thank you .

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 09:34 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Half mount postured up - opponent ( bottom HG ) transitions to back side

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
I often wonder when the above captioned scenario happens ...there appears an option for the fighter in postured up to transition to side control . Which seems to never work .

However there's a brief struggle before the fighter on the bottom sweeps to the player mounted up to back side ...

I've blocked the transition before but I rarely seem to get it . Can anyone tell me what to do perhaps other than trying to deny the fighter on the bottom .

Thank you .

A big part of my game is to find a way to side control, pin them their to drop knees to the body to drain stamina. That being said, you need multiple set ups to get to side control. One of them that I have had alot of success with is posturing up from half guard and then transitionion to side control. Some guys will either try a sweep or to control posture immediately. There are two ways I have found around it. A quick punch to the gut or as soon as the meter fills for posturing up start filing the side control meter before you even see it show up.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:09 AM   #3
MVP

You didn't get my question tho ...

Old 05-27-2018, 10:14 AM   #4
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:

Thank you .

Passing from HG, tight or postured, to Side Control is normal.

If you're postured up, and you try this pass, the opponent's sweep to Full Guard changes to one to Back Side. But in this case you're already making a move of your own, so I don't think you can deny him. Just keep filling th ebar and you'll normally win the race (unless the opponent hs a big set up on you, of stamina and GA.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:19 AM   #5
MVP

It's just frustrating as you can do nothing to really hurt your opponent on the ground except their stamina is low . A skilled opponent will just know what to do . Other than submissions it's just not rewarding at all .

The 1-2 combo should also be tuned down . Even if you try all the available options to counter it . A good opponent will sneak in a head kick . And it's good night .

I am seriously starting to get annoyed at the lunging double hook animation ...it seems to track you no matter how you move your head and covers the distance between you and your opponent . After backing out of the pocket after eating a 1-2 . You are susceptible to these strikes.

I hope these things are looked at in the coming updated .

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 10:21 AM   #6
MVP

Yeah thanks solid ... appreciate it bro

Old 05-27-2018, 10:29 AM   #7
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
It's just frustrating as you can do nothing to really hurt your opponent on the ground except their stamina is low . A skilled opponent will just know what to do . Other than submissions it's just not rewarding at all .

The 1-2 combo should also be tuned down . Even if you try all the available options to counter it . A good opponent will sneak in a head kick . And it's good night .

I am seriously starting to get annoyed at the lunging double hook animation ...it seems to track you no matter how you move your head and covers the distance between you and your opponent . After backing out of the pocket after eating a 1-2 . You are susceptible to these strikes.

I hope these things are looked at in the coming updated .

A major back lean can evade hooks even from close range. You can also lean back while walking back. And if your opponent is mixing straights and hooks, you can duck, as it will work against both of them.

Just be careful not to always attack from the duck, because if you duck a jab, you wont slow the opponent down and won't be able to fire back too quickly. After ducking, try tos lip again, or simply block; unless you're quite sure you'll duck a hook, in which case, you can fire back.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:53 AM   #8
MVP

Solid does the major back lean mean I have to hold on to the stick or just flick it backwards ...I'm guessing it's the former .

Also with regard to leaning backwards when moving backwards . I will give it try but I'm not quite confident about it as I often eat a head kick when moving backwards .

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »