Home

Unique strikes and combos

This is a discussion on Unique strikes and combos within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Unique strikes and combos

- is there a full list of fighters with unique strikes and combos in the forum (can someone direct me, or leave here ) also with info on how to do them . Kinda find it weird that when I’m in game and go to movesets I’m not able to see how to do this (most fighting games you can see this in game )

Last edited by Falseperception; 05-29-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 08:58 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Unique strikes and combos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falseperception
- is there a full list of fighters with unique strikes and combos in the forum (can someone direct me, or leave here ) also with info on how to do them . Kinda find it weird that when I’m in game and go to movesets I’m not able to see how to do this (most fighting games you can see this in game )
Not that I've seen, no.

However I've kinda looked for LOT of these so ill post what I know in random order. I cant recall which way the unique lunges go atm for any of these.

Legend:
1 - Jab
2 - Cross/Straight
3 - Lead Hook
4 - Rear Hook
5 - Lead Uppercut
6 - Rear Uppercut
7 - Lead Overhand
8 - Rear Overhand

All moves from orthodox unless otherwise noted.

Dom Cruz:

Unique advancing 1-2.

Unique 1-Stationary 4 (will do his shuffling hook)
This is VERY hard to time, the input is "LS toward opponent+Square - L1+Triangle"

Unique left/right lunges. (L1+LS UP/DOWN)

Unique 2 can be fiented into unique LEFT lunge.

Unique RIGHT lunge can have 4-3 or a leg kick comboed off it.

Unique body poke feint (L1+LS toward opponent) you can combo several strikes off this.
There is also a unique RIGHT lunge that can only be played off the body poke, it looks and has different evasive frames than the normal RIGHT lunge, however it can have the same strikes comboed off it. So its Poke (L1+LS Toward OP then L1+LS dowb from red corner at any time during the poke)

Basically you can use this as a way to get someone used to the unique Jab, once they're countering reliably with what you want, poke to bait the counter, lunge to avoid and chain the unique 4-3 or whatever you want.

TJ Dil2lashaw:
Unique left Lunge (L1+LS Down from red corner) that has a unique hook and can setup various strikes or get you off the cage/out of pocket.

You can also combo a unique lead hook (L1+Triangle) off of this lunge, its extremely effective if used correctly as it guarantees a hitstun on connection.

Carla Esparza:
Unique Jab
unique left/right lunges.

Esparza has my personal favourite unique lunges in the game to be honest I wish they were used on more fighters, with correct timing they both look fantastic and can be used to counter strikes in VERY unorthodox ways, for example, you can lunge into a roundhouse but still duck it, creating a large counter window.

Corey Anderson/Demian Maia/Kalin Curran/Uriah Hall/Dennis Bermudez:
Unique Jabs and possibly straights.

Yair Rod:
Lead Leg side kick - spinning heel kick. (L1+L2+X - L1+R1+Triangle)
Lead Body Kick - Rear spinning heel kick (L2+X - L1+R1+triangle)

Wonderboy:
1-lead body side kick (unique animation)
Idle Rear, Lead, Rear Body and Rear leg roundhouse kicks are all unique and only the lead roundhouse whiffs.
Whiffless Spinning Body Kick.
Unique lead body side kick from idle.
Unique blitz (1-2-1-2, 2-1-2-1, 1, 2)
Unique lead leg side kick.

Thompsons unique stance switches.
If you immediately queue a stance switch off of Wonderbreads rear roundhouse kick (high/body or low) he will incorporate it into the kick and you'll reset into the opposite stance. Very useful.

Max Holloway:

Jab-Switch-Jab-Switching body hook combo.

This one technically can be ended with the body hook to revert back to your original stance, or just use the jabs to hide your switch. You do it by:
(From Orthodox)
Square-R3-Triangle for the jab switch jab.
And
Square-R3-Triangle-L2+Square.
NOTE: can only be thrown as Advancing strikes so hold LS toward opponent for all inputs.

It's REALLY hard to time that last body hook and have it revert you to orthodox, but its doable.

Gatheje's block (R1+R2)
While I don't use the Highlight much. His block is very well done, useful and feels great.

From memory it removes all bleedthrough and possibly block damage from high round strikes (hooks, roundhouse kicks)

You can also throw hooks, overhands and leg kicks out of the block, which creates unique counter opportunities for Gatheje.

Hooks and Low Kicks: R1+R2+Square/Triangle and X/O respectively.
Overhands: R1+R2+L1+Square/Triangle to throw overhands out of the block.

Lesser, yet rare enough to almost be unique combos:

Lead Hook Kick - Lead body side kick (L1+X+Square - L2+R1+Triangle+O)
Fighters with this: Holly Holm, Connor, Wonderboy, Yair.

My favourite combo in game, many applications, I set the hook kick up with ? Kicks, round kicks and front kick fients, the beauty of this combo is the applications of the side kick.

You can throw it whilst retreating out for maximum distance, if your in punching range it will convert to a quick lead knee which also counters people timing a TD off the hook kick.

Will update more later

Quick few more, Hendo has a unique lead leg overhand I think, Saki has several extremely useful unique combos.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 05-30-2018 at 06:34 AM. Reason: added inputs.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Amazing thanks for this - any way you can post how to do these combos and moves When you get a chance - no rush
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Not that I've seen, no.

However I've kinda looked for LOT of these so ill post what I know in random order. I cant recall which way the unique lunges go atm for any of these.

Dom Cruz:

Unique advancing 1-2.
Unique 1-Stationary 4 (will do his shuffling hook)
Unique left/right lunges.
Unique 2 can be fiented into unique lunge.
Unique Shuffling lunge can have 4-3 or a leg kick comboed off it.
Unique body poke feint (L1+RS toward opponent) you can combo several strikes off this.

TJ Dillashaw:
Unique Lunge that has a unique hook and can setup various strikes or get you off the cage/out of pocket.

Carla Esparza:
Unique Jab
unique left/right lunges.

Corey Anderson/Demian Maia/Kalin Curran/Uriah Hall/Dennis Bermudez:
Unique Jabs and possibly straights.

Yair Rod:
Lead Leg side kick - spinning heel kick.

Wonderboy:
1-lead body side kick (unique animation)
Idle Rear, Lead, Rear Body and Rear leg roundhouse kicks are all unique and only the lead roundhouse whiffs.
Whiffless Spinning Body Kick.
Unique lead body side kick from idle.
Unique blitz (1-2-1-2, 2-1-2-1, 1, 2)
Unique lead leg side kick.

There are more but I cbf'd typing and remembering them sorry.

Quick few more, Hendo has a unique lead leg overhand I think.

Gatheje has Overhands, hooks and low kicks out of his unique block.. oh and Saki has an army of insanely effective unique combos.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:24 PM   #4
MVP

Mighty mouse has the unique submission
Old 05-29-2018, 11:31 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falseperception
Amazing thanks for this - any way you can post how to do these combos and moves When you get a chance - no rush
Sure, ill update it at some point and clarify stuff like lunges.

A lot of the unique jabs and strikes generally just play when you either throw them advancing (jabs) or whilst still (All of thompsons unique kicks)

Edit: I added inputs and clarification on lunges and unique strikes off lunges as well as Mac Holloways unique switch combo. Enjoy. Will update with more eventually and add the Saki combos.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 05-29-2018 at 11:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2018, 04:15 AM   #6
MVP

Updated my OP with more unique moves and inputs.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:57 AM   #7
MVP

Oh snap! Just found a wonderboy combo I've never seen.

Rear body kick whiff into stance-switch front leg body side kick, I don't know how to do it as I just saw the AI do it.

Will lab and update. It looked fantastic animation wise.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:22 AM   #8
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Thanks for compiling a list of all the unique combos!

I'm a big fan of lead hook kick -> lead body side kick, too, and Michelle Waterson also has it in addition to the fighters listed.

Waterson also has 2 - 3/5 - lead hook kick, which I've only seen on a couple of other fighters.

Last edited by MeowingForVengeance; 06-22-2018 at 10:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »