Home

Clinch entires further nerfed?

This is a discussion on Clinch entires further nerfed? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2018, 10:48 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Clinch entires further nerfed?

It’s funny because u post a video other day a guy spamming single collar against u and u couldnt do nothing to defend
Old 06-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #10
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
It’s funny because u post a video other day a guy spamming single collar against u and u couldnt do nothing to defend
A patch has changed things. . .
Old 06-05-2018, 12:41 PM   #11
Rookie

I honestly can't deny clinch well at all. It seems like they slip through my deny at least 50% of the time and they can eat uppercut combos and still clinch like it is nothing. I find it very easy to escape clinch once they get it but denying them from getting it seems harder than it should be to me. I feel like making it any easier would just guarantee it on every attempt.

The part I do agree with is that you should be able to get a free TD if they deny a clinch and you shoot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2018, 01:11 PM   #12
Banned

We need TD feints back.

It could set up strikes and clinches
Old 06-05-2018, 04:08 PM   #13
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I don't think the clinch entries were nerfed. What makes you think that? Is it an impression from playing, or did you read somewhere?
Old 06-05-2018, 04:14 PM   #14
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I don't think the clinch entries were nerfed. What makes you think that? Is it an impression from playing, or did you read somewhere?
Impression from playing - I believe they are as it's part of the striking not following anymore. Now your opponent backs away from strikes and you no longer follow them so as a result you're left having a huge tracking leap to try to clinch them which results in a longer time before you reach them allowing for easier denials.

Regardless it was problematic before the patch. I'd be in favor of making the different clinch entries different denial directions and speeding up some of them (over/under and double under especially).
Old 06-05-2018, 04:25 PM   #15
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Takedown and clinch denial windows need to shrink massively. This can't be right.
Two potential solutions (an echoing what a cpl others said):

* More 'unblockable' or 'damn near unblockable' takedown (and CLINCH) situations would really help. Due to major stamina discrepancies, missed significant strikes, 'perfect timing', etc. ---- more situations = more dynamic = more strategy = more fun

* No more being able to pre-deny clinch and then switch to denying takedown in a rapid fashion. I personally think Pre-Denying in this game (in many positions, not just standing) is OP --- not enough punishment for MISSING pre-denies. Almost all top fighters are spamming pre-deny. You can take advantage of it if you catch their patterns/etc., but I think missed pre-denies should cost you a lot more than they do now, especially in terms of Vulnerability to Strikes, and loss of Grapple Advantage.

Pre-denying --- and missing --- a clinch attempt should lock you out another denial of any type (clinch or takedown) for a significant period of time, and also make your block power/chin/body more vulnerable.

Def. agree that TDs and Clinch need some more love, though I do like some of the improvements from this last patch, a step in the right direction.
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 06-05-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2018, 04:41 PM   #16
Rookie

How about we just request devs to cause the UFC 3 app to force close if you try and clinch? Because that would probably get put in next patch, we have been asking for bigger clinch denials since the game came out and they didn't even fix that in the " grappling " patch.

The big thing was undeniable takedowns and you will be hard pressed to find those succeeding in competitive play, ground and pound is better but this is mind numbingly frustrating. I still cannot believe they took out the ducking grapple advantage, it was actually a viable way to get takedowns that could be countered pretty effectively by not spamming combos or just timing your uppercuts. Call it stupid or cheesy if you want, but damn if the striking wasn't ungodly cheesy for the first few patches and everyone complained to nerf the hell out of the grappling so they could play rock 'em sock'em robots.

Seriously, they got rid of the long distance takedown ( these worked ) and the ducking takedown grapple advantage. I am in no way saying these should be in the game, but it is so frustrating that they could be removed without any interest in balancing the grappling ( which makes up like half of the actual game ) and I'm actually a good striker, I straight up merc most people but I'm not one of the BEST strikers and I can't even find ways to implement what I'm actually best at. The new clinch against the takedown positions will take like an 8th of your stamina if they get denied and people will just camp waiting to deny it to destroy your stamina and make you regret ever trying to grapple in this kickboxing game. Rant over lol

Last edited by Papadoc60; 06-05-2018 at 04:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »