Home

Clinch entires further nerfed?

This is a discussion on Clinch entires further nerfed? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2018, 04:48 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Clinch entires further nerfed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
How about we just request devs to cause the UFC 3 app to force close if you try and clinch? Because that would probably get put in next patch, we have been asking for bigger clinch denials since the game came out and they didn't even fix that in the " grappling " patch.

The big thing was undeniable takedowns and you will be hard pressed to find those succeeding in competitive play, ground and pound is better but this is mind numbingly frustrating. I still cannot believe they took out the ducking grapple advantage, it was actually a viable way to get takedowns that could be countered pretty effectively by not spamming combos or just timing your uppercuts. Call it stupid or cheesy if you want, but damn if the striking wasn't ungodly cheesy for the first few patches and everyone complained to nerf the hell out of the grappling so they could play rock 'em sock'em robots.

Seriously, they got of the long distance takedown ( these worked ) and the ducking takedown grapple advantage. I am in no way saying these should be in the game, but it is so frustrating that they could be removed without any interest in balancing the grappling ( which makes up like half of the actual game ) and I'm actually a good striker, I straight up merc most people but I'm not one of the BEST strikers and I can't even find ways to implement what I'm actually best at. The new clinch against the takedown positions will take like an 8th of your stamina if they get denied and people will just camp waiting to deny it to destroy your stamina and make you regret ever trying to grapple in this kickboxing game. Rant over lol
The takedowns were way too much at the start, you would have guys double legging from across the octagon, yet double legs close up wouldnt work. I feel like the biggest problem is that whoever is responsible for the patch doesnt understand grappling at a competitive level. A lot of cool ideas sound good in theory, but don't work in practice. Take the combination-takedowns for example. It sounds great to do a 1-2 single leg, but it almost never works. Jab jab double leg works sometimes. Now we have this, which sounds cool in theory, but again doesnt really seem to work.

The devs need someone who is good at the ground game to help with these patches, it doesnt have to be a player for obvious bias reasons, but they really need to have a greater understanding of their own system.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:51 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
The takedowns were way too much at the start, you would have guys double legging from across the octagon, yet double legs close up wouldnt work. I feel like the biggest problem is that whoever is responsible for the patch doesnt understand grappling at a competitive level. A lot of cool ideas sound good in theory, but don't work in practice. Take the combination-takedowns for example. It sounds great to do a 1-2 single leg, but it almost never works. Jab jab double leg works sometimes. Now we have this, which sounds cool in theory, but again doesnt really seem to work.

The devs need someone who is good at the ground game to help with these patches, it doesnt have to be a player for obvious bias reasons, but they really need to have a greater understanding of their own system.
Yeah, I agree with you. I'm not saying we should have kept the long distance double legs, just adjusted accordingly for the purpose of balance. I still don't think the long distance tds were bad, you had more time to react with an uppercut the farther away it came from. They definitely shouldn't have been in the game, but they didn't make grappling OP or anything and definitely wasn't that hard to counter at a high level was my point.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:35 PM   #19
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Just way too easy to camp clinch denials right now. Takedowns are zero threat on a straight shoot right now.

Game is so one dimensional that it's broken. Hope a hot fix can save it.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:46 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Just way too easy to camp clinch denials right now. Takedowns are zero threat on a straight shoot right now.

ive been able to find success using timing and combinations. Clinching guys when they go for head movement and using strikes so they cant get too comfortable. Takedowns need a buff for sure, only takedown ive been able to pull off is jab jab double
Old 06-05-2018, 07:52 PM   #21
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
ive been able to find success using timing and combinations. Clinching guys when they go for head movement and using strikes so they cant get too comfortable. Takedowns need a buff for sure, only takedown ive been able to pull off is jab jab double
I've had zero success trying to clinch people. They just deny and fire back hooks. Doesn't matter if I mix it up - against high level competition it doesn't matter. The frame for the denial window is far too large and the tell is too obvious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2018, 08:05 PM   #22
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:

Dude I guarantee if they did the GA idea I posted, td's in open cage would be much better. It's just the slow transition speed why ppl can deny them so easy. The GA the game is giving you just isn't enough to make the transition speed fast enough. If our td's were getting GA for the strike the opponent was throwing plus more GA for being a well timed shot, the td transition speed would be much faster and harder to deny in those situations. With this idea in certain situations you could even max out your GA. As far as the clinch, the denial windows just have to be shortened. They are way to easy to deny.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:38 PM   #23
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

That's the idea - I doubt they'll go that route but I want to be wrong. It's extremely frustrating that we get a grappling patch that changed ultimately next to nothing at high level play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Dude I guarantee if they did the GA idea I posted, td's in open cage would be much better. It's just the slow transition speed why ppl can deny them so easy. The GA the game is giving you just isn't enough to make the transition speed fast enough. If our td's were getting GA for the strike the opponent was throwing plus more GA for being a well timed shot, the td transition speed would be much faster and harder to deny in those situations. With this idea in certain situations you could even max out your GA. As far as the clinch, the denial windows just have to be shortened. They are way to easy to deny.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:11 PM   #24
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
That's the idea - I doubt they'll go that route but I want to be wrong. It's extremely frustrating that we get a grappling patch that changed ultimately next to nothing at high level play.
Well something has to be done. When I first saw the changes at first I was thinking grappling was going to be much better but then I realized they still didn't hit the source of the problem. The td's in open cage are too slow even when using good grapplers, so any competent player can still deny your td and clinch attempts with ease even when you set them up well. That's the most sensible option I can see happening with the current system, cuz they won't give everyone insta td's and they won't wanna increase general td transition speed accross the board.

Last edited by WarMMA; 06-05-2018 at 09:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »