Home

Dr Door goes to the dark side

This is a discussion on Dr Door goes to the dark side within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2018, 09:13 PM   #17
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Dr Door goes to the dark side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Mine seems to be red all the time and my matches are not laggy. Some people don't have access to better internet. This thread is dumb. Literally it just shows you being a dick to other people online by backing out at the last second. good for you.
Then they should do us and themselves a favor and not play online?

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 06-06-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:06 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

These guys with poor internet ruin the game for everyone. They should be stuck playing each other. They completely ruin online and it’s so frustrating.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:42 AM   #19
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
So they are not using the 6 seconds for a great connection, next 5 for good, next 5 for moderate along with the connection indicator? I love that we can back out if it is a bad connection. That is great. It gets very frustrating getting paired with bad connections over and over. Please give us the system of 16 seconds for a decent connection along with the connection indicator and the ability to back out if its really bad.

Yeah judging by the evidence they got rid of that system. Not sure if it's bugged or if they thought such a system on top of the ability to back out would be too harsh, but I don't like that they got rid of it.

Ultimately we have more control over who we play against in terms of latency, so that's very nice, but the devs are making us actually do more work before we get to play the game now. This new system should have been layered on top the old one, not just replaced it.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:50 AM   #20
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrimolet
sometimes it is just because you get pair up with someone from a country far away so it appears that the person have bad connection but in reality is just the servers being far from each other and the match problably wont have any lag at all

Those connection bars are a measure of ping from player A to player B. This game has no dedicated servers, just a matchmaking server, and what you're being shown on the screen isn't a measure of a player's ping to the matchmaking server (which would be pointless) but to each other.

So if you get a red bar connection, there are essentially two possibilities at work. Either the person is local to you geographically and has potato internet, or the person is very far away from you, which will ruin match latency regardless of what quality internet they have since distance increases ping.

Think about it like this. If I am playing Quake and I live in Houston, TX, I'm going to have a very fast ping to a Dallas dedicated server.

If I live in Houston TX, I'm going to have a much slower (higher) ping to a dedicated server in China, because my data packets will have to travel MANY more miles to the server, and the server will have to arbitrate what happened and send it back to me that same distance.

It's the same concept with two clients (peers) and no servers. The more local someone is to you, the less lag there is generally. This is why games like Tekken 7 allow you to apply a "region lock" to the matchmaking.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:36 AM   #21
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Then they should do us and themselves a favor and not play online?

Right, lets kill the game some more.

Ive fought all you guys at one point or another and it wasn't laggy. Take your elitism elsewhere. Its pathetic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2018, 11:06 AM   #22
Rookie

Morgan is right. You all are a bunch of big stupid meanie heads!
Old 06-07-2018, 02:56 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Mine seems to be red all the time and my matches are not laggy. Some people don't have access to better internet. This thread is dumb. Literally it just shows you being a dick to other people online by backing out at the last second. good for you.
That's great for you, Morgan Monkman, but there is no chance I will every accept a red con match. I have suffered enough at the hands of people trying to play online without meeting the standards required. Which brings me to the OP's video once again...

You call it being a dick, I call it a man that has simply had enough and can finally prod back and say "Hey asshat, upgrade or go home...for this day you shall no longer ruin my experience". Too bad for those that can only use what is available. Again, standards are standards. If you can't meet them, well that's too bad. Penalised!
Old 06-07-2018, 06:35 PM   #24
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

I can stream while playing and my connection still says red. smfh

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »