Home

Takedown Reversals are stupid

This is a discussion on Takedown Reversals are stupid within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2018, 04:42 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Takedown Reversals are stupid

He out grappled you most the fight
Old 06-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #10
MVP

The fact that you can successfully pull off a takedown reversal after the meter fills up is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-22-2018, 06:51 AM   #11
Rookie

Yea, one of the big steps backwards from UFC 2

Back in the day, if you went for a takedown reversal, you had to perform the appropriate action BEFORE their takedown wheel was more than halfway. If you did it after then, not only would you not get the reversal, but it was now a guaranteed, unblockable takedown for them. If you had just done a normal sprawl, you would've got it, but you got greedy, mistimed it and have been punished as such. Gave them a real element of skill and a satisfying feeling when they worked.

Atm, using the right fighters, there really isn't a reason to sprawl. rt lt and up will put you in double under (and I really want someone to test this out but Ive a feeling that the window for that one is longer than the actual takedown wheel, people have done it to me multiple times after the wheel is full but before the animation has played out. Seems to last as long as the animation regardless of stats or GA). If your guy has a guillotine and a kimura, rt lt and down will reverse any takedown attempt that's not in the clinch.

Example from UT. Throw a spin kick, completely whiff, you now have 0 stamina, are still playing out the whiff animation. The guy you are fighting has much higher takedowns than your TDD, like 100 to 80 say. If you press rt lt and down the moment you throw that kick, you will get a guaranteed 2 gate sub attempt on him, cos he had the AUDACITY to think he might be able to take you down in those circumstances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 02:01 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
He out grappled you most the fight
Yeah, because of these stupid takedown reversals being too easy and clinch denial windows being huge every time I initiated grappling I was at a disadvantage. Eventually I had to just KO this guy. Great contribution to the thread pal
Old 06-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
Yeah, because of these stupid takedown reversals being too easy and clinch denial windows being huge every time I initiated grappling I was at a disadvantage. Eventually I had to just KO this guy. Great contribution to the thread pal
yeah this can be exploited by using a fighter against a cage. You can takedown reverse any td attempts and the overunder clinch is super slow (this needs to be changed too). Lots of Conors fighting like woodley.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:29 PM   #14
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
The fact that you can successfully pull off a takedown reversal after the meter fills up is ridiculous.

You can't. The game allows the meter to fill to see if you did a perfect swoop or not which would negate the reversal.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
You can't. The game allows the meter to fill to see if you did a perfect swoop or not which would negate the reversal.
So it would turn into a sprawl if you perfect swoop? What about the takedown into double underhooks? That also appears to be a massive late ability. Is there a perfect swoop for that?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #16
Rookie

Please don't let the patch cycle end without tuning the takedown reversals. It is way too easy to hit these even if your opponent sets everything up perfectly.

The takedown reversal into double unders for Bruce Lee and Conor Mcgregor as well as the huge clinch denial windows literally means that you can avoid all grappling if you know what you're doing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »