Home

Strike output

This is a discussion on Strike output within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2018, 01:12 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Strike output

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
Proud of offline gameplay? I mean I don't want to get into it, but offline gameplay is so bad that its not even worth complaining about. I am a huge MMA fan and have played every MMA game since the one on dreamcast with Frank Shamrock, but if I am being honest. If this game did not have online play I would not have purchased it. Lack of universe, manual stat tuning and true difficulty, individual fighter differences has made EA offline a bit of a waste. I usually want a fight to be over by the first round.

I think that is why the online balancing issues is so frustrating because its the only act in town.
The lack of a universe mode is a game modes issue not a gameplay issue. The lack of manual stat tuning is a feature issue not a gameplay issue. These are all things that I've lobbied for and continue to lobby for.

I dont know what you mean by true difficulty. The game has sliders which no MMA game has ever had. That aspect alone puts it ahead of most MMA games. More than a 1/3 of the roster (hopefully more to come) has specific AI traits based on their actual stats and performances which is more than any other MMA game has ever done and I've played them all. Even the ones that dont have templates that are close to their actual style.

Im biased but I've played every MMA game created and I havent seen an AI that comes close to this one in an MMA game. Especially on Hard or Pro difficulties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

As much as I respect Aholberts opinions over the years..

I cannot get over the fact that he undermined including things like handfighting, pawing, head/wrist control, etc.

I mean these are basic fundamental techniques, which are still not included.

This was back on the EA forums before EA UFC 2 was released.

I could only imagine how much sooner we could've got all these techniques if Aholbert didn't actively argue against including them.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:27 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The lack of a universe mode is a game modes issue not a gameplay issue. The lack of manual stat tuning is a feature issue not a gameplay issue. These are all things that I've lobbied for and continue to lobby for.

I dont know what you mean by true difficulty. The game has sliders which no MMA game has ever had. That aspect alone puts it ahead of most MMA games. More than a 1/3 of the roster (hopefully more to come) has specific AI traits based on their actual stats and performances which is more than any other MMA game has ever done and I've played them all. Even the ones that dont have templates that are close to their actual style.

Im biased but I've played every MMA game created and I havent seen an AI that comes close to this one in an MMA game. Especially on Hard or Pro difficulties.
Thanks for the clarification on what you specifically worked on.

I can honestly say that when playing the AI I personally don't feel much personality. Its 2018 and the AI should be way better. When I think of AI in NBA,MLB and NFL games that make players feel very much like there actual self. I just don't feel it. Now as far as stats and perks go...it feels like whoever did it never watched MMA. Thanks for trying though
Old 06-10-2018, 01:27 PM   #28
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
Proud of offline gameplay? I mean I don't want to get into it, but offline gameplay is so bad that its not even worth complaining about. I am a huge MMA fan and have played every MMA game since the one on dreamcast with Frank Shamrock, but if I am being honest. If this game did not have online play I would not have purchased it. Lack of universe, manual stat tuning and true difficulty, individual fighter differences has made EA offline a bit of a waste. I usually want a fight to be over by the first round.

I think that is why the online balancing issues is so frustrating because its the only act in town.
Offline, this is the best MMA game ever. There isn't even a close second.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #29
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
As much as I respect Aholberts opinions over the years..

I cannot get over the fact that he undermined including things like handfighting, pawing, head/wrist control, etc.

I mean these are basic fundamental techniques, which are still not included.

This was back on the EA forums before EA UFC 2 was released.

I could only imagine how much sooner we could've got all these techniques if Aholbert didn't actively argue against including them.

Oh John.

I didnt actively argue against them. I disagreed that they were a necessary part of striking in the game. I still do. I honestly dont care if its in the game or not. If they added it cool. If not, cool.

I think that the excuse that because handfighting doesnt exist it increases the strike output is BS.

I'll be 100% honest with you. I've never discussed handfighting with the devs. Ever. I've also never seen them bring it up as a subject in any of the convos I've read or had with them. I'm not saying that they've never considered it. Its just never been something that has been brought to the team as much as im aware.

So handfighting not being in the game has nothing to do with me. ****, I wish I had that much pull when it comes to this game. It would be significantly different (I cant say most people would like my version though).
Old 06-10-2018, 01:43 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification on what you specifically worked on.

I can honestly say that when playing the AI I personally don't feel much personality. Its 2018 and the AI should be way better. When I think of AI in NBA,MLB and NFL games that make players feel very much like there actual self. I just don't feel it. Now as far as stats and perks go...it feels like whoever did it never watched MMA. Thanks for trying though
We will just disagree on this. I cant speak for perks but I think stat wise this game is in the best shape its ever been. There are are errors and the devs made a mistake merging power and speed into one category but the current state of stats in this game is pretty damn good.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:55 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Oh John.

I didnt actively argue against them. I disagreed that they were a necessary part of striking in the game. I still do. I honestly dont care if its in the game or not. If they added it cool. If not, cool.

I think that the excuse that because handfighting doesnt exist it increases the strike output is BS.

I'll be 100% honest with you. I've never discussed handfighting with the devs. Ever. I've also never seen them bring it up as a subject in any of the convos I've read or had with them. I'm not saying that they've never considered it. Its just never been something that has been brought to the team as much as im aware.

So handfighting not being in the game has nothing to do with me. ****, I wish I had that much pull when it comes to this game. It would be significantly different (I cant say most people would like my version though).
I guess you don't remember your argument for why it shouldn't be in..

You said it doesn't happen often. Which is a riddulous claim.

Fundamental things like hand fighting (head/wrist control, pawing etc) happen more often than a lot of flashy techniques which are included things that have happened once or twice but are in.

This is a part of modern MMA.

It's been proven over these years with all the gifs demonstrating the use of these techniques.

I don't even need to say it's something that has recent.

Nick Diaz KO'd Robbie Lawler with a jab using this.

It's not something only high level fighters like Silva, Weidman etc use. You can see it widely used even on the prelims now.

You can hear Rogan and Smith constantly talking about how important the clash of lead hands in open guard cases (orthodox v southpaw) is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 02:02 PM   #32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
I guess you don't remember your argument for why it shouldn't be in..

You said it doesn't happen often. Which is a riddulous claim.

Fundamental things like hand fighting (head/wrist control, pawing etc) happen more often than a lot of flashy techniques which are included things that have happened once or twice but are in.

This is a part of modern MMA.

It's been proven over these years with all the gifs demonstrating the use of these techniques.

I don't even need to say it's something that has recent.

Nick Diaz KO'd Robbie Lawler with a jab using this.

It's not something only high level fighters like Silva, Weidman etc use. You can see it widely used even on the prelims now.

You can hear Rogan and Smith constantly talking about how important the clash of lead hands in open guard cases (orthodox v southpaw) is.
You dont have to remind me. I remember my position. I never said it never happens. I said the majority of fighters dont regularly use hand fighting. Some do. I bet you can find plenty of gifs of fighters who do.....I can also show you plenty of fights where people dont. We disagree. thats fine.

My issue is you are claiming that I play a role in it not being in the game and thats ****ing false. Like I said, I'm not actively arguing against it. I'm not campaigning against. I honestly dont care if they add it or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »