Home

Overeem's chin. . .

This is a discussion on Overeem's chin. . . within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #57
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Overeem's chin. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Reticulan1
I disagree. You agree the buff is right, but at the same time say that accuracy is not his true intention.That's just silly bro. Just please stop.
It would be silly if I wasnt supporting each of my statements with actual facts. Anyway, moving along.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:17 PM   #58
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
Didn't you say the people who have the power to change stats won't do it unless they recently had a fight where they showed improvement or degeneration of certain stats?
why is this thread getting so far away from overeem needing his chin stat lowered?
Because I think everyone here agrees that Overeem's chin should be lowered.

Guida matters because he fought last weekend.

Mendes matters because he fights next month. Thats why I'm interested in this particular debate because if he justifiably needs to be buffed or nerfed an any area, after his next fight is the likely when it will happen.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:22 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Lets say we count those. Thats 5 out of 11. Are you arguing that we should give someone who's shown that they can perform all 5 rounds 6 times the same stamina as someone who's gone 5 rounds once and gassed?
Pace matters. If you want to argue Aldo should be slightly higher I’d even buy that. 89-90 would be more reasomable.

With a fast pace Aldo cannot last all 5 rounds.

When he fought Mendes he also slowed down. It didnt seem like there was a significant stamina advantage.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:24 PM   #60
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Pace matters. If you want to argue Aldo should be slightly higher I’d even buy that. 89-90 would be more reasomable.

With a fast pace Aldo cannot last all 5 rounds.

When he fought Mendes he also slowed down. It didnt seem like there was a significant stamina advantage.
I disagree about the Mendes rematch. I thought he looked considerably fresher in rounds 4 and 5.

The devs may disagree with me but I dont think we have enough to put Mendes in the 90s yet when it comes to strike stamina.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:39 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
I disagree about the Mendes rematch. I thought he looked considerably fresher in rounds 4 and 5.

The devs may disagree with me but I dont think we have enough to put Mendes in the 90s yet when it comes to strike stamina.
its absolutely ridiculous than Mendes isn't at least on par with Conor in stamina. Conor has never gone the distance at Featherweight, Mendes has.

It's as if they only watched one fight of his. Mendes is not an A class fighter with the current stats, he should be dropped to B+ at best
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 03:42 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:

I’m going to literally rewatch the fight now lol.

I’ll report back in like 30 min
Old 06-11-2018, 04:16 PM   #63
Banned

Yeah so Mendes was clearly the fresher fighter in round 4 and it easily his best round. He pushed the pace and Aldo was mostly being defensive, hell Mendes pushed the pace for most of the fight outside of like half of round 5.

Both were really gassed in round 5 , Mendes led at first but Aldo got the better of the striking and started to push. Mendes landed a TD to stop Aldo’s momentum. The last couple of minutes neither were throwing much but Mendes was still moving a lot while Aldo was extremely flat footed. Looked like Aldo was trying to save energy for his final flurry the last 10 seconds.

That fight showed they’re pretty even in terms of stamina. Could argue Mendes showd better stamina with all the feints, and footwork he utilized while also pushing the pace.

I forgot how amazing that fight is lol
Old 06-11-2018, 04:21 PM   #64
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
its absolutely ridiculous than Mendes isn't at least on par with Conor in stamina. Conor has never gone the distance at Featherweight, Mendes has.

It's as if they only watched one fight of his. Mendes is not an A class fighter with the current stats, he should be dropped to B+ at best
I've watched every Mendes UFC fight and the majority of his WEC fights. So have other members of the team. I think his stats show that other than the current stamina debate.

Also, Conor has gone the distance at Featherweight. He did it against Holloway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »