Home

Why do you even bother making some fighters

This is a discussion on Why do you even bother making some fighters within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 03:50 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Why do you even bother making some fighters

Just out of curiosity , why are Saki's endurance and health stats low? I think his stand up stats are perfect . I'm just curious of the reasoning behind thinking he's got a somewhat weak chin. I think his striking stamina is mid range but his endurance stat is like 82 or something super low. His grapple stamina should be like 80 and his endurance should be better and maybe lower his striking stamina since he slowed down in the first round. At some point, you have to use his kickboxing fights for stat justification
Old 06-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #34
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Lol about your obsession with one fighter. Let me restate. Penn wouldn’t have prime stats. They would be much improved and based on his whole career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why? Why would you factor the tail end of someone's career when they're clearly not who they were in their prime?

Just absolutely silly. So if Aaron Rodgers falls off towards the end of his career or Tom Brady does we should factor that into how we remember them?

No of course not. They'll be remembered as all time greats and would be treated as such it introduced into a game as retired players.

What's docked on Nogueira? His chin! Why is it docked? Because he was KO'd three times at the end of his career. This is despite the fact that guys have been KO'd more than him some times by nearly a factor of 2x or even 3x!

Also despite the fact that he was actually known to have a granite chin the overwhelming majority of his career!

Ridiculous to not rate people in their prime once they've hung them up and completely pointless. Just lowers the roster diversity of useable fighters in ranked.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:02 PM   #35
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
So is the goal just to make fighters “viable”? Meaning that if someone sucks or is unproven on the ground, we should give them better stats than they deserve or have shown they deserve?

If that’s the case, I don’t want to hear a realism argument. If that’s the case, I don’t want to hear the ufc 2 complaints about fighters who are strikers being too good on the ground and vice versatility. I also don’t want to hear the complaints about there being no difference in fighters.
I suppose I'd rather see the floor raised on just how bad someone can be in any particular area. I don't have any desire to see Saki be great or even above average on the ground, but I also have no desire to use him in a division where every other fight will be against Cormier.

Honestly, for me realism gets thrown out the window the moment you even put Saki against Cormier. Because those two are never gonna fight. So if less realism means more fighters I can actually use in this game that's not actually that realistic to begin with, then I'm all about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #36
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Why? Why would you factor the tail end of someone's career when they're clearly not who they were in their prime?

Just absolutely silly. So if Aaron Rodgers falls off towards the end of his career or Tom Brady does we should factor that into how we remember them?

No of course not. They'll be remembered as all time greats and would be treated as such it introduced into a game as retired players.

What's docked on Nogueira? His chin! Why is it docked? Because he was KO'd three times at the end of his career. This is despite the fact that guys have been KO'd more than him some times by nearly a factor of 2x or even 3x!

Also despite the fact that he was actually known to have a granite chin the overwhelming majority of his career!

Ridiculous to not rate people in their prime once they've hung them up and completely pointless. Just lowers the roster diversity of useable fighters in ranked.
LOL. You and I have discussed this time and time again the reasons behind the classic ratings. I told you they are considering a Nog chin buff. I'll say this:

I will never discuss either of the Noguiera brothers with you again. I will not discuss the stats of other HWs with you again in relation to Nog. Nor will I discuss LHWs with you in relation to Lil Nog.

If you have a stat issue with any other division, I will listen and respond to it....as long as Nog is not mentioned. LOL.

This will have no effect on you or your behavior but it will help with my sanity. Just wanted to explain that to you so you will know why if I ignore your direct comments in the future.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #37
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
LOL. You and I have discussed this time and time again the reasons behind the classic ratings. I told you they are considering a Nog chin buff. I'll say this:

I will never discuss either of the Noguiera brothers with you again. I will not discuss the stats of other HWs with you again in relation to Nog. Nor will I discuss LHWs with you in relation to Lil Nog.

If you have a stat issue with any other division, I will listen and respond to it....as long as Nog is not mentioned. LOL.

This will have no effect on you or your behavior but it will help with my sanity. Just wanted to explain that to you so you will know why if I ignore your direct comments in the future.
Well the minute changes are made you'll cease to hear of my requesting a chin change for Nogueira.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #38
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I can't recall his speed off my head but I'm pretty sure his footwork is 96?

His in and out short LS lunges are my favourite in the whole game, so damn effective.
I honestly haven't given the ol' Dragon a chance since a couple updates ago. I'll have to try him out again next time I get brave enough to try some outside fighting.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
I suppose I'd rather see the floor raised on just how bad someone can be in any particular area. I don't have any desire to see Saki be great or even above average on the ground, but I also have no desire to use him in a division where every other fight will be against Cormier.

Honestly, for me realism gets thrown out the window the moment you even put Saki against Cormier. Because those two are never gonna fight. So if less realism means more fighters I can actually use in this game that's not actually that realistic to begin with, then I'm all about it.
Raising the floor is a solution but it also runs counter to the regular complaint that all fighters fight and feel the same.

My view is some fighters are bad in one area. Some fighters are average all around. Some are great all around. We should be focusing on rating them accurately not viability in my opinion.

Keep in mind, I'm not the person who determines the ratings or even the only person on the team. I'm the realism guy on the team. The rest are focused on the ratings from a game and balance perspective. I could care less about that but we have people on the team who do.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:05 PM   #40
Rookie

I'd like to have more fighters in multiple weight classes. In UFC 2 we had heavyweight Jones and lightweight aldo for example. People might say "well he's never fought there so he shouldn't be there" or "he hasn't fought there in years". So what?

I can understand if they are unsure of how to judge the stats but im sure the team can judge roughly what they'd be like they did for UFC 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »