Home

Why do you even bother making some fighters

This is a discussion on Why do you even bother making some fighters within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 05:06 PM   #41
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Why do you even bother making some fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
I'd like to have more fighters in multiple weight classes. In UFC 2 we had heavyweight Jones and lightweight aldo for example. People might say "well he's never fought there so he shouldn't be there" or "he hasn't fought there in years". So what?

I can understand if they are unsure of how to judge the stats but im sure the team can judge roughly what they'd be like they did for UFC 2
No thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 05:06 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Well the minute changes are made you'll cease to hear of my requesting a chin change for Nogueira.
what do you think his chin should be man? I feel like 88 would be good for him
Old 06-12-2018, 05:15 PM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
I'd like to have more fighters in multiple weight classes. In UFC 2 we had heavyweight Jones and lightweight aldo for example. People might say "well he's never fought there so he shouldn't be there" or "he hasn't fought there in years". So what?

I can understand if they are unsure of how to judge the stats but im sure the team can judge roughly what they'd be like they did for UFC 2
Ranked players hated that. I heard so many complaints about Jones being in HW with UFC 2.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Ranked players hated that. I heard so many complaints about Jones being in HW with UFC 2.
Well I don't know what they want. Right now they're complaining about not enough fighters being usable yet they don't want fighters in other weight classes either. What so do they just want stats buffed for no reason? Ranked is a bit boring for me only really being able to use the same 3-4 fighters usually in each division but I don't want stat buffs for no reason either.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:36 PM   #45
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
what do you think his chin should be man? I feel like 88 would be good for him
I'd say 89

Mark Hunt has been ko'd five times and has a 90. Hunt is one of the few that I'd say had a better chin than Nogueira when he was in his prime and had a better chin throughout the duration of his career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 06:07 PM   #46
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Raising the floor is a solution but it also runs counter to the regular complaint that all fighters fight and feel the same.

My view is some fighters are bad in one area. Some fighters are average all around. Some are great all around. We should be focusing on rating them accurately not viability in my opinion.
You make good points. Different people want different things from the game. I get that.

And to correct something I said earlier, there really is an incentive to use lower-rated fighters in ranked now: moar ranked points! Not that I really care about my rank, but it is something.

Plus: knocking out Woodley with Stun Gun wouldn't be nearly as satisfying if Kim was unrealistically close to Woodley's ratings. Sometimes you gotta just enjoy the game we've got.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:26 PM   #47
Pro

Didn’t read any of the responses, but I can answer OP. The answer is, for friends vs friends matchups. Friendly matches, fun matches, etc. Competitive pvp ranked matches are always going to be dominated by the best fighters.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:06 PM   #48
Pro

One of the problems I have with the UFC video game franchise is the lack of history. New comers to the franchise would never know BJ Penn, Hendricks, Barao etc; were all once kings of their divisions. It baffles me that EA has neglected to create legacy or prime versions of past fighters, but they did for Tyson in UFC 2 although his stats were hidden. I can play as the 90 Giants in Madden, but I can’t use a Prime Pettis in UFC 3. I believe every former champ in UFC 3 should have a Legacy version. Even Jones and DJ. Dust off the UFC 1 player models and put some history back into the franchise please!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »