Home

Why do you even bother making some fighters

This is a discussion on Why do you even bother making some fighters within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Why do you even bother making some fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyth223
That's only if you've only been playing these games the last few years. The disparity wasn't always like this. I played Fight Night round 3 for 3 years back in the day and I was always playing with different guys.

I just wouldn't mind an equal stats mode put into quick match and so it would be optional. You don't want to play with it, don't select the box. Keep your play being realistic.

The player base has dropped drastically. Fight Night Champion has similar numbers and that game is 8 years old. Isn't the idea to get as many people playing as possible?

Career is borked. Ranked is an absolute cheesefest. Just seems such a waste to have 240 fighters that people hardly use.
Well that’s more of an issue with the game modes.

I wish we had a kickboxing mode, a boxing mode, a grappling mode. Legit career mode and franchise modez

I’ve been playing sport and fighting games for years and tier whore have always and will aways exist.

Another issue is there arent many prime rated fighters. In fight night you can use Muhamed Ali, or Tyson or prime Roy Jones.

Here most of the older guys dont really compare to the top guys today. Which is fair since the sport has evolved so much recently.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:20 AM   #58
MVP

Wpuld be cool if we could click r3 on fighter select and be prompted with “leagacy” or “prime” version of fightrs who havent retired yet.

That way we can have historical accuracy and modrn.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:35 AM   #59
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
If you want to be an online competitive gamer, that's your prerogative, but just select the fighter that makes the most sense to do so. You shouldn't get to live out your Saki wet dream of him being able to beat Cormier in an MMA match while also scratching your itch to be competitive online.

Because that would completely ruin the game for me and everyone else like me who has never even gone online for one single match and never bought the game with a leaderboard in mind.
1. I'm a bigger Cormier fan than a Saki fan, so get the **** outta here with your weird 'wet dream' bull****.

2. I don't even look at the leaderboard. I only play ranked because everyone in quick fight plays like goofballs.

I'm just talking about the game from my own perspective. No need to make it personal and act like I'm trying to 'ruin' it for anybody else.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Well that’s more of an issue with the game modes.

I wish we had a kickboxing mode, a boxing mode, a grappling mode. Legit career mode and franchise modez

I’ve been playing sport and fighting games for years and tier whore have always and will aways exist.

Another issue is there arent many prime rated fighters. In fight night you can use Muhamed Ali, or Tyson or prime Roy Jones.

Here most of the older guys dont really compare to the top guys today. Which is fair since the sport has evolved so much recently.

Obviously. No one is saying we should be able to pick BJ Penn and murk Conor Mcgregor and outwrestle Khabib. Just to add a bit more variety to the game. Maybe I'm the only one who's sick of fighting Jon Jones 25 times in a row.

It's not just this game, I've been doing this since Undisputed 1 in 2009 so that's 9 years of fighting the same the GSP/Jon Jones almost every fight. (it was GSP back then instead of Conor)

There's just a lot of lower ranked fighters I'm a fan of and watch in UFC fights but theres zero incentive to use them because they have the same gas tanks in the game as my grandma.

I mean theres an equal stats mode, classic fights, universe mode, to at least get some use out of the 240 fighters that no one ever picks.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
1. I'm a bigger Cormier fan than a Saki fan, so get the **** outta here with your weird 'wet dream' bull****.

2. I don't even look at the leaderboard. I only play ranked because everyone in quick fight plays like goofballs.

I'm just talking about the game from my own perspective. No need to make it personal and act like I'm trying to 'ruin' it for anybody else.
yes, unfortunately when you play quick match it's like you get matched with division 2 players who quit the moment grappling happens or they start losing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Obviously. No one is saying we should be able to pick BJ Penn and murk Conor Mcgregor and outwrestle Khabib. Just to add a bit more variety to the game. Maybe I'm the only one who's sick of fighting Jon Jones 25 times in a row.

It's not just this game, I've been doing this since Undisputed 1 in 2009 so that's 9 years of fighting the same the GSP/Jon Jones almost every fight. (it was GSP back then instead of Conor)

There's just a lot of lower ranked fighters I'm a fan of and watch in UFC fights but theres zero incentive to use them because they have the same gas tanks in the game as my grandma.

I mean theres an equal stats mode, classic fights, universe mode, to at least get some use out of the 240 fighters that no one ever picks.
I agree with a lot of the stamina / health ratings being jacked. Not much we can do when the UFC has a say in player rating.

And yeah a universe mode would be a dream.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:43 AM   #63
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
That's only if you've only been playing these games the last few years. The disparity wasn't always like this. I played Fight Night round 3 for 3 years back in the day and I was always playing with different guys.

I just wouldn't mind an equal stats mode put into quick match and so it would be optional. You don't want to play with it, don't select the box. Keep your play being realistic.

The player base has dropped drastically. Fight Night Champion has similar numbers and that game is 8 years old. Isn't the idea to get as many people playing as possible?

Career is borked. Ranked is an absolute cheesefest. Just seems such a waste to have 240 fighters that people hardly use.
Thats not true. If anything its growing. For the past 2 months the game on ps4 was averaging around 6k tops. This past week, the game had 7k-8k. Its on the same path as UFC 2 was at this time. UFC 2 had a big bump once the significantly dropped the price and after the first big LEC.

I agree about the equal stats mode but the reality is most ranked fighters would complain about the player pool being cut and not being able to find fights.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:49 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats not true. If anything its growing. For the past 2 months the game on ps4 was averaging around 6k tops. This past week, the game had 7k-8k. Its on the same path as UFC 2 was at this time. UFC 2 had a big bump once the significantly dropped the price and after the first big LEC.

I agree about the equal stats mode but the reality is most ranked fighters would complain about the player pool being cut and not being able to find fights.
What about an optional legacy stats if you click L3? So that way we can have a current Anderson Silva and a legacy Anderson Silva? A lot of fighting games do this. You could even have a different model such as having Anderson's yellow/black trunks. If the former is too difficult, it would still be a big help. In parentheses next to the name can be (legacy) to differentiate.

Last edited by UFCBlackbelt; 06-13-2018 at 10:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »