Home

Why do you even bother making some fighters

This is a discussion on Why do you even bother making some fighters within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2018, 03:17 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Why do you even bother making some fighters

Like Johnny Hendricks and BJ Penn, why bother making them if they arent going to be playable at all? I dont get your logic in this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 03:28 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Why do you even bother making some fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Like Johnny Hendricks and BJ Penn, why bother making them if they arent going to be playable at all? I dont get your logic in this.
Depends on what you consider playable and whether you want accurate fighters based on their real life performances. Hendricks and Penn arent viable online especially in ranked. Thats because both of them are still active fighters and they are currently pretty bad.

BJ hasnt won a fight in 8 years and has been dominated in 4 of his last 5 fights. Hendricks has lost 4 of his last 5 and has been dominated in most of his recent fights (His power and accuracy are good though).

If BJ would retire or if EA would create a classic version of BJ, he would absolutely be viable. If they made a prime version of Hendricks, he would absolutely be viable. But these are supposed to be the current versions of those fighters and their current versions arent that good right now.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:32 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Depends on what you consider playable and whether you want accurate fighters based on their real life performances. Hendricks and Penn arent viable online especially in ranked. Thats because both of them are still active fighters and they are currently pretty bad.

BJ hasnt won a fight in 8 years and has been dominated in 4 of his last 5 fights. Hendricks has lost 4 of his last 5 and has been dominated in most of his recent fights (His power and accuracy are good though).

If BJ would retire or if EA would create a classic version of BJ, he would absolutely be viable. If they made a prime version of Hendricks, he would absolutely be viable. But these are supposed to be the current versions of those fighters and their current versions arent that good right now.
Devs should release a classic version DLC for a lot of current guys.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:13 PM   #4
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Devs should release a classic version DLC for a lot of current guys.
Yessssss, let this happen.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:21 PM   #5
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
Yessssss, let this happen.
wouldn't that be reason enough to retire once nobody wants to play as you in the video game....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 03:13 AM   #6
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
wouldn't that be reason enough to retire once nobody wants to play as you in the video game....
Old 06-12-2018, 12:58 PM   #7
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

For the record, I tend to agree with you Blackbelt. I was appalled when Saki's 80OTB (lower then CM Punk) stats got approved. GPD worked days and nights to make Saki cool and give him custom combos, and then other GC'ers suggested 80OTB, which in that current meta made him instantly obsolete at high levels thanks to the presence of Cormier players.

But you're right, it's not just him. This is a piece of the game where I really don't agree with some of the other GC'ers. If someone's going to be in the game, they should hopefully have SOME reason to use them. Otherwise they are just a wasted asset taking up space in the game. IMO.

And IRL, almost every fighter has some uniquely distinctive feature that they do better than the next guy, even if it's something minor.

I like how Gaethje was done. All of his strengths were emphasized. His toughness, his leg kicks, and he even got a unique block. He's EXTREMELY unique and highly viable.

Then you have Saki who was shoved in with 80 OTB which means you auto-lose vs Cormier players who possess even half a brain.

Guys like Penn and Hendricks have lost recently because of poor fight IQ. I vehemently disagree with tarnishing a fighter's stats based on their fight IQ. Fight IQ should be emulated entirely by the player, unless we're talking about AI.

So the fact that Penn came out in a goofy-@$$ stance vs Edgar doesn't mean you should plummet his base stats into the sewer. He fought a lame fight with a stupid gameplan, which is something we should be able to avert as the player. He didn't get THAT much weaker, slower, or less powerful in the span of a few years, he just fought tentatively with bad gameplans.

Last edited by ZombieRommel; 06-12-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
For the record, I tend to agree with you Blackbelt. I was appalled when Saki's 80OTB (lower then CM Punk) stats got approved. GPD worked days and nights to make Saki cool and give him custom combos, and then other GC'ers suggested 80OTB, which in that current meta made him instantly obsolete at high levels thanks to the presence of Cormier players.

But you're right, it's not just him. This is a piece of the game where I really don't agree with some of the other GC'ers. If someone's going to be in the game, they should hopefully have SOME reason to use them. Otherwise they are just a wasted asset taking up space in the game. IMO.

And IRL, almost every fighter has some uniquely distinctive feature that they do better than the next guy, even if it's something minor.

I like how Gaethje was done. All of his strengths were emphasized. His toughness, his leg kicks, and he even got a unique block. He's EXTREMELY unique and highly viable.

Then you have Saki who was shoved in with 80 OTB which means you auto-lose vs Cormier players who possess even half a brain.

Guys like Penn and Hendricks have lost recently because of poor fight IQ. I vehemently disagree with tarnishing a fighter's stats based on their fight IQ. Fight IQ should be emulated entirely by the player, unless we're talking about AI.

So the fact that Penn came out in a goofy-@$$ stance vs Edgar doesn't mean you should plummet his base stats into the sewer. He fought a lame fight with a stupid gameplan, which is something we should be able to avert as the player. He didn't get THAT much weaker, slower, or less powerful in the span of a few years, he just fought tentatively with bad gameplans.
This perfectly sums up my thoughts

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »