Home

4 Reasons Why LEC > Ranked

This is a discussion on 4 Reasons Why LEC > Ranked within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
4 Reasons Why LEC > Ranked

EA --- thank you for Doing The Right Thing and having an LEC this past weekend!

I had been eyeing this weekend as a potential LEC for about a month, and was pretty bummed out when it seemed like we weren’t going to get an LEC late last week --- but no harm, no foul, better late than never, and all that!

(But please, try and have the LEC come out on like a Wednesday next time, I ended up getting on a hot streak and accidentally playing from 4 PM – Midnight last night since it was the only time I could play this weekend…..and I’m pretty messed up this morning @ work lol…it was worth it though).

To the point of the thread ---- why is LEC so much better than ranked?

1) Even Stats: Nothing levels the playing field more than Even Stats. I fully appreciate fighter individuality and don’t want that to change in Ranked, but it’s very refreshing to be able to whoop old rivals who normally only use DJ @ Fly, DC @ LHW, Conor @ FW.....and give them a wakeup call to what it’s like to fight without using an OP Champion.

2) More ‘Realistic’ Stamina: This sort of goes hand-in-hand with even stats, but it's beyond just the fact that both fighters have the same sized gas tank. In my mind, the true beauty of LEC is the fact that you have to fight SMART or you will quickly be at a stamina disadvantage. During my 50+ win streak in this LEC I fought *several* players who had beaten me in ranked by throwing 120, 130, 140+ strikes (as MW or higher) in each of the first two rounds, connecting with less than 40% ---- scoring a 3rd round KO or a Split Decision win before I could gas them out --- let’s just say that strategy, or dare I say SPAM, didn’t work in the LEC!

I was finishing these fools at the start of the 2nd round --- man, nothing is better than finally being able to punish someone who goes 35 of 135 in the first round ---- light them up with a few body kicks & hooks to the liver, and we finally get a semi-realistic representation of Stamina in MMA!

I would love to see all actions (especially missed/evaded/blocked strikes) cost 10-20% more stamina in Ranked and Ultimate Team. That would bring those modes’ stamina meta more in-line with LEC’s stamina. I wish the “real” Whittaker in Ranked had the same exact gas tank as the LEC Whittaker.

Forcing people to fight smarter by limiting their ability to spam ===== More Skill & More Fun!!!

3) 5-Round Fights: Obviously this is possible in Ranked. But, I love having all the fights 5 rounds….even if 95% of my fights didn’t even get to the 4th round this LEC lol

4) NO HUD: I love it! In fact, it actually HELPS me to not see my opponent’s HUD hahaha that thing is really just a distraction …. I would prefer to never see my opponent’s HUD ever, even if he COULD see mine --- seriously! --- anyway, I hope no HUD is brought to Division 5 next season, but unless that happens, almost the only way people will be able to experience no HUD in a competitive environment is via LEC, which is another point for LEC > Ranked, in my book!

The only thing that really soured the LEC this go-around was the cheater(s) who really screwed over a few people…..and by a “few”, I mean more than 100……EA I hope you investigate this situation. It’s a black eye on what was an awesome event this weekend.
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 06-11-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 4 Reasons Why LEC > Ranked

Open matchmaking IMO
Old 06-11-2018, 02:50 PM   #3
Rookie

you guys think you want open match making.. but you really dont.

The top guys will have such inflated records filled with cans, scrubs, and noobs.

This will turn so many of you away when your record is 2-47.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:46 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw736
you guys think you want open match making.. but you really dont.

The top guys will have such inflated records filled with cans, scrubs, and noobs.

This will turn so many of you away when your record is 2-47.
I want open matchmaking as well, and yes, I really do.
Fighting the same people over and over is turning me away.
The entire community could improve quicker with open matchmaking. The scrubs won't just be fighting scrubs where they can't improve quickly.

Last edited by Evil97; 06-11-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:46 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
I want open matchmaking as well, and yes, I really do.
Fighting the same people over and over is turning me away.
The entire community could improve quicker with open matchmaking. The scrubs won't just be fighting scrubs where they can't improve quickly.
I think matchmaking is fine the way it is. I am ranked 7 - 10 on average on PSN, it wouldn't be fair for me to be fighting ranked 150 guys, the only exception to me is if they are on a very strong win streak, maybe then start a little earlier. Otherwise it would be like throwing Sage to Khabib. Usually I face a couple of rank 90s-60s and mostly 50-1 which is where it should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I personally don't mind the current ranked matchmaking system.

It can be a bit tedious waiting for a fight --- and there are definitely a few guys I've fought 10+ times I'd rather not see again anytime soon --- but overall I prefer fighting people at my own level (i.e. Top 250) instead of only pushovers.

If anything I think the LEC is a tiny bit too lenient on matchmaking --- I'd say 30 of my 50 wins were totally non-competitive, one-sided beatdowns.....somewhat fun for me, not fun at all for the other guys though I'm sure....
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-15-2018, 06:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Is there more ranked changes coming i hope so i need ranked open
Old 06-15-2018, 08:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Haven't tried LEC yet but I can relate to your first point with the OP fighters only players. Players I beat if they use anyone else go the likes of mcgregor when I run into them again and it's a totally different match which can be annoying.

When I stopped playing those weight classes, it felt a lot better even losing knowing that I had either made a mistake like ducking into an uppercut or something or the player was simply just better in that match.

I prefer 5 rounders as well so I think I'll enjoy LEC.

Last edited by ryangil23; 06-15-2018 at 08:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »