Home

Jab uppercut lead hook

This is a discussion on Jab uppercut lead hook within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 12:40 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Jab uppercut lead hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaC
Yes lets start nerfing combos that have hard punishing counters soon we will be living in MartialMinds perfect UFC 3 experience everyone throwing a jab and maybe a jab straight every 38 seconds.

I'll let you catch up to the other combos that are good maybe we can have a thread on whats wrong gravitationally with them when you get there.
If you bothered to read before posting I literally said you could still have a blast combination such as double hooks, a jab uppercut simply does not come out as fast and accurate as this game makes it out to be. You would think from how this game is played that every fighter fires a jab uppercut lead hook when they’re close range. And its not a creative counter, everyone in this game uses it because of how overeffective it is compared to what it should be

Take Cody Garbrant for example, he will fire rapid blasts in the pocket to knock opponents out. If you try to throw a jab uppercut lead hook as a primary tool you will usually be on the losing end.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:40 PM   #10
Rookie

I've always thrown jab->hook->lead upper (1-4-5) instead. Am I missing out?
Old 06-12-2018, 02:16 PM   #11
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptang
I've always thrown jab->hook->lead upper (1-4-5) instead. Am I missing out?
Maybe a little. 1-6-3 (and the added 4 at the end if your fighter's got the combo) is really stupidly powerful in a way no other combo is in the game.

On the plus side, 1-6-3 requires level 2 boxing while 1-4-5 only requires level 1 boxing, so all fighters can use it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
If you bothered to read before posting I literally said you could still have a blast combination such as double hooks, a jab uppercut simply does not come out as fast and accurate as this game makes it out to be. You would think from how this game is played that every fighter fires a jab uppercut lead hook when they’re close range. And its not a creative counter, everyone in this game uses it because of how overeffective it is compared to what it should be

Take Cody Garbrant for example, he will fire rapid blasts in the pocket to knock opponents out. If you try to throw a jab uppercut lead hook as a primary tool you will usually be on the losing end.

Another realism argument, youre going to very very busy pinpointing all the combos that arent as effective IRL as they are in the game. Also already mentioned by Kenetic but the combo has a hard counter if its thrown as often as your saying should be an easy read.
Youtube
Twitch
Old 06-12-2018, 05:00 PM   #13
MVP

Everyone is so caught up in exchanging this combo and who can get it off first.

There are multiple ways to deal with it:

1. Fire it back making sure either you get yours off first (you need to be much earlier if you have a significant speed disadvantage) or they have lower health than you. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking just because they threw their 1-6-3 first, they will get the damage. All the while they have near blinking head health and they end up getting clobbered despite landing their full combo first.

2. Use a faster combo. Seriously. Everyone harps on this one cause it's a huge damage dealer, but the 1-3-4 is a slightly faster combo that can interrupt theirs and has similar power. I haven't extensively tested the 1-2-3 in pocket scenarios, but if you fire that one as they are coming in with the "blast" combo, you will stop them entirely and likely put them down. 1212 is the same way.

3. Stop engaging with these guys directly. Use the movement changes; stationary major backsway after the jab or uppercut (you can use the moving major backsway, but you're likely to get hit if not timed perfectly). Use the advance back lunge. Make them come forward so they lose their momentum and speed by backing up and hit them with jabs. My favorite is to bait the attack and hit a quick 1-3 while backing up or standing still if I have some advantages lined up.

The only time I ever get hurt by this combo is when I stubbornly try to stay in the pocket when I shouldn't or if I get timed really well (meaning any combo would've likely ended me).

The overhand is much more of an overpowered oversight than this.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:19 PM   #14
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

Icon14 Re: Jab uppercut lead hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
It’s ACTUALLY Jab uppercut hook hook.

I’ve been calling it the wombo combo for months now. It’s a bit fast to say the least but you can hard counter it with a minor back slip straight hook or uppercut.
Haha was wondering who it was that told me the name of that combo before lol it was you.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:38 PM   #15
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Everyone is so caught up in exchanging this combo and who can get it off first.

There are multiple ways to deal with it:

1. Fire it back making sure either you get yours off first (you need to be much earlier if you have a significant speed disadvantage) or they have lower health than you. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking just because they threw their 1-6-3 first, they will get the damage. All the while they have near blinking head health and they end up getting clobbered despite landing their full combo first.

2. Use a faster combo. Seriously. Everyone harps on this one cause it's a huge damage dealer, but the 1-3-4 is a slightly faster combo that can interrupt theirs and has similar power. I haven't extensively tested the 1-2-3 in pocket scenarios, but if you fire that one as they are coming in with the "blast" combo, you will stop them entirely and likely put them down. 1212 is the same way.

3. Stop engaging with these guys directly. Use the movement changes; stationary major backsway after the jab or uppercut (you can use the moving major backsway, but you're likely to get hit if not timed perfectly). Use the advance back lunge. Make them come forward so they lose their momentum and speed by backing up and hit them with jabs. My favorite is to bait the attack and hit a quick 1-3 while backing up or standing still if I have some advantages lined up.

The only time I ever get hurt by this combo is when I stubbornly try to stay in the pocket when I shouldn't or if I get timed really well (meaning any combo would've likely ended me).

The overhand is much more of an overpowered oversight than this.
All good tips

I like to keep moving to make them gas out and get worried about throwing such a tight combo ---- counter with some body kicks from distance and you can build a stamina advantage, which can really help with throwing faster combos when exchanging in the pocket

In my run to the top 10 of the LEC I made a concious effort to NEVER exchange in the pocket unless I had a SIGNIFICANT stamina advantage (or was super desperate for a last second win/etc.)....paid off!....hard to be that patient but you gotta be.
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 10:00 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
I’ve been calling it the wombo combo for months now.
That ain't Falco..

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »