Home

Knockdowns revisited

This is a discussion on Knockdowns revisited within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 03:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Knockdowns revisited

I made a similar thread about how we don't get the option to follow the opponent to the ground after knockdowns enough. The case for me is that the opponent usually pops right back up too fast, or the input for the diving punch won't even work ( this issue occurs for me with advanced knockdowns too and has caused me to lose many fights ). I can't even move into feet on hips before people jump back up. In UFC 2, a knockdown guaranteed you would end up on top in a somewhat advantageous position. You were rewarded for your knockdowns, and given a chance to win the fight or at least the round. ( Back side, side control, feet on hips, sometimes even back mount or half guard and then full occasionally. The point is, you will end up on top with a chance to control position after knockdowns. )

I have far too many experiences where I land knockdowns and the opponent is already back up on their feet before I can even follow them to the ground, or the punch follow doesn't even work appropriately. They pop up so fast it's ridiculous, it honestly makes me want to lose my head how many times I have lost fights because knockdowns are POINTLESS. It's bad enough the real knockdowns don't yield much chance for ground control, but active knockdowns make up a quarter to half of the knockdowns! Come on, seriously? Active knockdowns are purely aesthetic and pointless as it is. All an active knockdown does is make it harder for your opponent to finish you, because your health and block gets time to regenerate during the animation ( unless they time a front kick while you're standing up which is very possible in this patch ).

It's bad enough you have to nearly KO someone to end up in a position that isn't full guard. It's already hard enough to get takedowns right now, can we not at least get top control from knocking someone to the canvas? Now, some of you might be reading and thinking that these are reasonable suggestions. Take note that I posted this EXACT SAME THREAD ( with some less detail ) on 4/4/18 and nothing at all has been done to make following knockdowns to the ground more responsive, to add more positions to end up in following knockdowns or anything. THIS IS AN MMA GAME, knockdowns have to be more significant PLEASE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Knockdowns revisited

I really hope the stun system is improved for the next patch.

Things like following down during later KDs, ground and clinch (punch) health events, etc.

The fact we can't follow opponents down and instead just stand there over them like we all Garbrant is surprising. It seems like some sort of oversight.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #3
MVP

Yeah, i was knocked down four times against unibot, he has sick grappling and wasnt able to capitalize on it, i ended up knocking him out with one timed rear high kick. Even I thought it was stupid
Old 06-12-2018, 05:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Yeah, i was knocked down four times against unibot, he has sick grappling and wasnt able to capitalize on it, i ended up knocking him out with one timed rear high kick. Even I thought it was stupid
Yeah, it feels like this should have been addressed in the first patch. It blows me away honestly. Takedowns are basically impossible, you can't jump on your opponents if you manage to knock them down and clinch denials windows are huge. I wish I was exaggerating.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #5
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I will definitely throw my hat in the ring on this one --- knockdowns are pretty canned/static (especially 'active' knockdowns) --- really hope both the Knocked Down, and the Knocker-Downer (???) get more dynamic choices in future games ... risk vs. reward, always the name of the game in my book!
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »