Home

Back mount from top control

This is a discussion on Back mount from top control within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2018, 05:44 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Back mount from top control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
But would such a reversal be approriate from the get up from HG that we currently have in the game?

I think this logic is already present in the game. It's generally easier to get up from sprawl, than from HG, but you also risk having the opponnet going to BSC and Back Mount.
Slight animation change. Especially from postured up half guard. Instead of forcing your oppenet down transtion to the back
Old 06-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #10
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Slight animation change. Especially from postured up half guard. Instead of forcing your oppenet down transtion to the back
I thought about that. I think taking the back as a reversal to the postured HG get up could look realistic.

But against the tight get up, I don't see it, because the opponent creates distance and the denial is to catch-up, in a way.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:36 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
I think this logic is already present in the game. It's generally easier to get up from sprawl, than from HG, but you also risk having the opponnet going to BSC and Back Mount.
Different from what I'm saying. I'm talking about immediately taking the back from side control (if you intercept/time their attempt to get to sprawl). So I'm offering ideas for more scenarios, but only those that are realistic. This particular scenario is actually quite common in jiu jitsu. It's the reason most white and blue belts are generally encouraged to avoid turning that way. Of course, mma is a different beast, and even the best grapplers have diminished control.

Point is, there are still several movements that can be added to the system without reaching for unrealistic transitions, all within the current framework (i.e., staying within the current positions available).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 10:40 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
I thought about that. I think taking the back as a reversal to the postured HG get up could look realistic.

But against the tight get up, I don't see it, because the opponent creates distance and the denial is to catch-up, in a way.
People usually take the back when people scramble to there base during get ups. Similar to the get up from sub side control. Unfortunately with no scramble mechanic taking the back is a lot harder that it should be due to limited options.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »