Home

Reasonable crucifix fix

This is a discussion on Reasonable crucifix fix within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2018, 05:41 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Reasonable crucifix fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Shame was a good discussion but hes mwi.
I sort of started the good convo then some people started arguing silly points and I didn’t feel like trying hard to prove them wrong and them someone viewed that as winning a debate. To me it was winning a debate like when my lil nephew wrestles me to the ground and pins me. Fortunately he pinned me in mount and not crucifix so I escaped easily
Old 06-20-2018, 06:12 PM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
I sort of started the good convo then some people started arguing silly points and I didn’t feel like trying hard to prove them wrong and them someone viewed that as winning a debate. To me it was winning a debate like when my lil nephew wrestles me to the ground and pins me. Fortunately he pinned me in mount and not crucifix so I escaped easily
Unfortunately your points were all shown to be wrong we can continue if you want, its easy to actually try and respond. My points are backed up unlike yours so yeah, your showing your self to be a bit if a laughing stock now.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:10 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Unfortunately your points were all shown to be wrong we can continue if you want, its easy to actually try and respond. My points are backed up unlike yours so yeah, your showing your self to be a bit if a laughing stock now.
1. Actually, I did make very good points your responses were just inaccurate

2. Our conversation is a meta for my point. In this thread you have attempted to mount and finish. Then I turn and you have me in back mount and you try to finish. I just keep turning. We can do this forever. You are attempting to hit me with big shots.

3. I knew that you were not able to see beyond your own reasoning so we would just go back and forth. However, by making this a meta for my point I just put you into crucifix and smashed you. There can be no denying that my play in this situation was far more high level and I have out positioned you. You just took a vicious elbow to the face.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
You hijacked a reasonable discussion once your previous comments were being used against you. When presented with things that directly exposed ignorance in this area, you resorted to even more childish tactics. First you, (again) denied saying something that was only a few comments behind us (and is still there -- and it's pretty funny to see how many times you were turned away by facts). Anyway, once you demeaned boxing, and said something about jiu jitsu being ineffective, it was clear you weren't even capable any longer.

Remember when this was about how grappling gameplay translates to the real world. We discussed how grapplers with different foundations prefer specific positions in MMA, a direct link to the type of grappling they've been practicing their entire life. Remember that?

When you started arguing about the merits of crucifix, and said you were a wrestler, I was actually kind of interested in hearing what you had to say. Unfortunately, the comments you made thereafter confirmed your lack of understanding technically. A few comments also kind of tipped us off that it's pretty unlikely you have much experience grappling either.

If you lack technical comprehension, and have limited (or no) practical understanding of the subject matter, well, then what's the point?
Old 06-20-2018, 08:23 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
1. Actually, I did make very good points your responses were just inaccurate

2. Our conversation is a meta for my point. In this thread you have attempted to mount and finish. Then I turn and you have me in back mount and you try to finish. I just keep turning. We can do this forever. You are attempting to hit me with big shots.

3. I knew that you were not able to see beyond your own reasoning so we would just go back and forth. However, by making this a meta for my point I just put you into crucifix and smashed you. There can be no denying that my play in this situation was far more high level and I have out positioned you. You just took a vicious elbow to the face.
i disagree and so does ben askren. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=fSavYKIEV40 Khabib also disagrees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5P-N7L1qu8 BJJ is sort of an old school thing. A top BJJ guy better have really good striking to make it in the UFC. On the other hand there are guys who have very basic striking but can wrestle and can become top level guys (Blaydes, Covington, Usman, early Woodley, Cejudo, etc. you must not have watched the full video. But Askren doesn't like mount or back mount because in it games the BJJ system of securing position so an opponent will go back and forth between those two spot to avoid a postition stabilization and thus avoids the strikes. However in crucifix and back side control there real isn't anywhere to go. All positions become bad in that scenario. This is exactly how an Askren or Khabib fight plays out. The rain down punches from a pinning position (side control or crucifix) or riding position back side control (often with a base broken down) Regarding Sambo...because they use grappling in the context of striking unlike BJJ. they prefer positions similar to the wrestling one. my original point was that crucifix is a way worse position than mount. You said it was “ a bit of an exaggeration”. I am saying that crucifixis literally the worst possible position to be in and I will add it is imo the most fight ending position in mma. Mount and back mount to me are quite survivable. The ONLY position that might be worse is back mount flat. It could be a wrestler thing as mount would be considered a bad pinning position and easily escapable. Back mount is a bad ride and easily reversible. sorry bro I don’t care that much. We just disagree. Don’t feel like going in circles. I think I have stated my case clearly. I have long learned to respect the right of people to be wrong. cool thanks for that. I at least hope you gained something from your response.

Here are all your responses to me. If you go back through the discussion you will see my rebuttals to all of these "points" and you will see 1. Is not true, as you never made counter points or even tried to.

2. You turn to you back and i flatten you out, i posture up and land heavy shots and the fight is stopped by tko.

3. You put me in crucifix, you establish control, but are unable to land heavy shots, im able to regain compure and and gain mount, i land several hand shots from posturing up and you give up an arm, you got to roll and i sink in an arm triangle and win by technical sub.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
You hijacked a reasonable discussion once your previous comments were being used against you. When presented with things that directly exposed ignorance in this area, you resorted to even more childish tactics. First you, (again) denied saying something that was only a few comments behind us (and is still there -- and it's pretty funny to see how many times you were turned away by facts). Anyway, once you demeaned boxing, and said something about jiu jitsu being ineffective, it was clear you weren't even capable any longer.

Remember when this was about how grappling gameplay translates to the real world. We discussed how grapplers with different foundations prefer specific positions in MMA, a direct link to the type of grappling they've been practicing their entire life. Remember that?

When you started arguing about the merits of crucifix, and said you were a wrestler, I was actually kind of interested in hearing what you had to say. Unfortunately, the comments you made thereafter confirmed your lack of understanding technically. A few comments also kind of tipped us off that it's pretty unlikely you have much experience grappling either.

If you lack technical comprehension, and have limited (or no) practical understanding of the subject matter, well, then what's the point?
Are you counting me as under the "us". I have not seen you disagree with anything jve said.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:27 PM   #63
Pro

^ No, not speaking of you.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:29 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
^ No, not speaking of you.
Have you read any of my points regarding the situation?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »