Home

Constructive Criticism of EA UFC 3's stand-up & issues

This is a discussion on Constructive Criticism of EA UFC 3's stand-up & issues within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2018, 10:00 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Constructive Criticism of EA UFC 3's stand-up & issues

Great stuff on the parries/handtrapping boys, really good posts.

Great gif of millender parrying shots against alves. He also used the handtrap to drag alves' left hand down when he ko'd him with the left knee up the middle. Alves was trying to shake the handcontrol off and throw a hook when he got ko'd with the knee, was distracted by the handtrap.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:06 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
In the same token, if you increase stamina tax at a realistic rate and make block breaking easier, you'd probably have to slow down combinations a tad.

After you do all that, you have a brand new meta with no clue how it will play out.
That sounds fantastic. We’ve already had the meta change drastically so why would that be a bad thing?

I think adding more block bleed through, slowing health regen a tad, increased stamina tax would do wonders for the game.

I also think adding more footwork options that would work similar to TJ/Cruz’s footwork but a more generalized version. Like give everyone the ability to cancel short lunges into strikes/block/head movement. But make how soon they can cancel based on footwork rating. A low footwork HW’s short lunges would be the same as now. A high footwork BW would be able to create all kinds of set ups/ feints. Of course over using this would drain an appropriate amount of stamina as well. It could also potentially allow the aggressor to close the distance with angles.

I also hope minor ducks can be used to dodge straights since it’s akin to taking your head off of the center line. But allow hooks to still land

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 06-15-2018 at 06:27 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:12 PM   #19
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
That sounds fantastic. We’ve already had the meta change drastically so why would that be a bad thing?

I think adding more block bleed through, slowing health regen a tad, increased stamina tax would do wonders for the game.

I also think adding more footwork options that would work similar to TJ/Cruz’s footwork but a more generalized version. Like give everyone the ability to cancel short lunges into strikes/block/head movement. But make how soon they can cancel based on footwork rating. A low footwork HW’s short lunges would be the same as now. A high footwork BW would be able to create all kinds of set ups/ feints. Of course over using this would drain an appropriate amount of stamina as well. It could also potentially allow the aggressor to close the distance with angles.

I also hope minor ducks can be used to dodge straights since it’s akin to taking your head off of the center line. But keep allow hooks to still land
Because we would be heading into the unknown. New exploits, new OP stuff and for such a huge meta change would probably require more time balancing than we have left for patch support, if we go off of UFC1 and UFC2 patch support time frames. Could be wrong though.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:17 PM   #20
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

In the simplest terms, they shouldn't have head strikes and body strikes like they do, it should be low strikes and high strikes. So if your head happens to be low, and front body kick should end up hitting the head and not awkwardly whiffing the body somehow.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-14-2018, 10:23 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Because we would be heading into the unknown. New exploits, new OP stuff and for such a huge meta change would probably require more time balancing than we have left for patch support, if we go off of UFC1 and UFC2 patch support time frames. Could be wrong though.
I guess I’m not following how this is more unknown than revamping the head movement or changing the way forward combos work.

The Devs have been pretty damn ambitious and proven they’re willing to take risks for the betterment of the game.

Blocking and stamina wasnt as forgiving in UFC 2 and people loved it. Some of the biggest complaints from all sides have been regarding blocking and stamina.

Plus with the ability to add tuners (assuming this continues beyond patch cycle) it shouldnt be too much trouble to adjust that type of stuff.

But I’m not a developer and you have direct contact with them so I’ll take your word for it.

This gamd has gotten so much better the last few patches and I’d be disappointed if they were gonna play if safe from here on out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 12:24 AM   #22
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
If they stop supporting this game after6 months like they did UFC2 I wont be buying UFC4.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:09 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
If the stamina were more realistic, the result would be a meta where holding high block and letting people whail on you to get a a stamina advantage, which would really dumb down the skill ceilling.
You could increase the bleed through or make your arms tired holding block all the time!? Anyway the current meta and stamina system are stupid and have nothing to do with realism. Something has to change!
Old 06-15-2018, 01:24 AM   #24
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I guess I’m not following how this is more unknown than revamping the head movement or changing the way forward combos work.

The Devs have been pretty damn ambitious and proven they’re willing to take risks for the betterment of the game.

Blocking and stamina wasnt as forgiving in UFC 2 and people loved it. Some of the biggest complaints from all sides have been regarding blocking and stamina.

Plus with the ability to add tuners (assuming this continues beyond patch cycle) it shouldnt be too much trouble to adjust that type of stuff.

But I’m not a developer and you have direct contact with them so I’ll take your word for it.

This gamd has gotten so much better the last few patches and I’d be disappointed if they were gonna play if safe from here on out.
The head movement revamp was done early in the games life cycle. Dont take me too seriously, Im just shooting **** giving a different perspective.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »